Home

Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

This is a discussion on Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Played a few more games after I had posted that, I now have decided to leave everything as you had it. I guess I was testing these against bad rushing teams cause after trying against Denver and Arizona they were both able to get a pretty decent amount of yards on the ground, and all in realistic amounts too, none of that crazy 60 yard runs I have been used to over the last couple of years in Madden. And my rushing problem was once again my own fault, hitting sprint too quickly, not following my blockers properly, etc. It's been a while since I played any Madden and i'm getting back into the swing of things. So yeah, i'm sticking with how you posted them.

Only problem i'm having is the INT problem. Of course some games are good, but the last game I played was Raiders (me) vs Cardinals (cpu), at half time I had picked it off 5 times and they got me twice. One of my INTs that I threw was my own fault, but the other the DB just magically flew to the ball. 3rd quarter I picked off Leinart 2 more times. I then just shutoff the console.

Fumbles seem to be everyone else's complaint too. Myself, I don't have a problem fumbling as long as I cover up the ball when need be and don't try too many special moves while in traffic, which is how it should be. The CPU fumbling is questionable. I'll play the CPU one game and it might fumble 5 times. The next game it may never give it up at all. And this is by playing the same team at least 2 or 3 times in a row before playing another. That's how I like to test sliders, play the same team 2 or 3 times and then play another team 2 or 3 times.

Something weird I noticed. We have Knockdowns at 1, I can leave the Defense screen of the sliders or leave the sliders section completely and if I go back to the Human Defense sliders it is still set to 1, but the white bar is completely filled. Only does it on Human Knockdown, all other sliders on Human and CPU still look correct. It does this with it set at 1, 2, or 3. 0 or at 4 or higher the bar is not filled up when I come back. So my question is, do you think this may be affecting anything? Should I set it to 0 or maybe to 4 to keep it from doing this? Or should I just leave it alone.
Set it to an odd prime.. such as 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #66
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Set it to an odd prime.. such as 5

I'm going to try that here in a little bit when I get on to play and see if it messes up the gameplay. I really like these and don't want to mess them up, but hopefully just changing that 1 slider by just a few clicks won't hurt. I just thought of something else a few minutes ago too. Maybe by upping the knockdown that may reduce the amount of INTs. That way maybe the chance of the ball getting deflected would be greater than the chance of it getting picked. We need to test this out to see if it helps any. I'll try to play a few games and see what happens and let you all know what my results are.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #67
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Just played another game with that minor tweak. I have all the sliders as they are on page 1 of this thread except I bumped Human and CPU Knockdown up to 5. Played against the Cardinals (CPU) I was the Raiders. This time around I still picked off Leinart 3 times, but mainly due to very good playcalling. The first INT I called a Nickel 3-3-5 play with my MLB spying the QB, when he passed the ball it went directly over the top of his head and he just had to jump a little for the grab and of course was staring directly at Matt since he was spying him. Second INT I had called a Double Z play out of the Dime formation to double Fitzgerald, Asomougha was in perfect position for the pick, plus he is a Shutdown corner and good attributes across the board. The last pick was possibly questionable, but it wasn't anything that was totally unbelievable. He was running toward the direction of the receiver and just had to stick his hands out in front of himself a little to make the grab, no magical flying to ball or anything.

The game before that against the Cardinals before changing Knockdowns, I picked off Leinart 5 times in the 1st half, twice in the early part of the 3rd quarter, and threw 3 or 4 myself, got frustrated and shut it down. This game was much more realistic.

I threw 2 picks, but both were good. One of them I didn't see the defender and the second one I was rushed and threw off my back foot which lead to a misplaced ball. So if this continues as it did in that game, I say raising the Knockdown for both to 5 is the trick. May need to even go a little higher. And I did see quite a few balls hit the defenders hands or close to them, which before would have surely been picked off. What i'm thinking, with the Knockdown just a tad higher it makes them deflect passes instead of catching every single ball within reach, which is how it should be.

And as far as Fumbles go, i've never had a problem with them since I switched to these sliders. I use the RB to cover up when in traffic and try not to do any special moves while in heavy traffic or while engaged. This particular game Jordan fumbled one time, but he was wrapped up by 2 defenders and a 3rd came in and knocked the crap out of him, so it was a good forced fumble. James only fumbled once, he was wrapped up by one of my defenders and I came in with Asomougha and hit the strip button and ripped it out of his arms as he was falling down. Looked pretty cool too, i'm loving the new animations in this game, have seen some pretty cool stuff so far. But still, it does seem there may be too many fumbles. There shouldn't be multiple fumbles in every single game. But all of my games have been Play Now, so they may be programmed a little differently. If there is multiple fumbles in every one of my Franchise games then I will say there is definitely a problem that needs to be fixed.

Love how they added the replay feature like 2K5 had (for those with the hdd in their PS2, and probably the Xbox since it had a hdd I think) where you can view the replay of every single play of the game no matter how late in the game it is, just too bad we can't save replays.

Last edited by utorde; 08-18-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 1

As the Saints i lost to the Colts 24-21 in a GREAT game, but then i turned around and smacked Tampa Bay 51-10. I like the way the game play a lot with these sliders, I have only thrown one pick in 2 games, and only picked off opposing QBs twice. I'm going to keep playing and hopefully I wont keep dominating.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Here is my feedback on these sliders. I played 3 games against the Chargers and LT just cannot run. I held him to 2 yards. He can't break tackles, he seems slow.

I know these are just baseline sliders and so I adjusted them and am working on something I can live with. Just wanted to give feedback.

I am very happy with the FG sliders. I upped Punt Accuracy to 100 since I kept having issues with the CPU kicking it out of bounds.

I reduced KO power to 4.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Still the same as with any other slider set. I just finished a game with these sliders after having 1 good game prior and I picked the CPU off 6 times.. the CPU fumbled 3 times.. and I fumbled twice... and I was picked once

So lets see..6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12

12 turnovers..

Awesome
Pretty much had a similar game against the Chargers... 8 Turnovers for the Chargers. 0 for me, which was a big difference... but like those 8 turnovers happened one after another. If it weren't for the 2nd quarter, it would have been a good game... I won 51 - 7, but scored 38 points in the 2nd quarter.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just wanted to come in and comment on how well these sliders are working out for me. You did a great job one these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea greta job man...keep the updates coming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »