Home

NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (Updated 10/21/07)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (Updated 10/21/07) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #41
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (10/03/07) Final

just played my first game with these..here are my results

Chargers (ME) 27
Packers (CPU) 10

Passing

Rivers 14-17 for 197 0 TD 0 INT
Favre 20-38 for 173 1 TD 3 INT

Rushing

Tomlinson 23 carries for 96 yards 2 TD 1 Fumble
Jackson 7 carries for 16 yards 0 TD
Morency 2 carries for 20 yards 0 TD

Receiving

J.Jones 8 rec for 64 yards
R. Martin 3 rec for 29
Jennings 2 rec for 23

Tomlinson 3 rec for 49
Chambers 3 Rec for 24
Jackson 3 rec for 64
Gates 1 Rec for 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #42
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
just played my first game with these..here are my results

Chargers (ME) 27
Packers (CPU) 10

Passing

Rivers 14-17 for 197 0 TD 0 INT
Favre 20-38 for 173 1 TD 3 INT

Rushing

Tomlinson 23 carries for 96 yards 2 TD 1 Fumble
Jackson 7 carries for 16 yards 0 TD
Morency 2 carries for 20 yards 0 TD

Receiving

J.Jones 8 rec for 64 yards
R. Martin 3 rec for 29
Jennings 2 rec for 23

Tomlinson 3 rec for 49
Chambers 3 Rec for 24
Jackson 3 rec for 64
Gates 1 Rec for 5
Realistic looking stats BUT it looks like you might bump up the quarter length a min or so. What quarter length was that on???

Only 17 attempts by rivers and 23 carries by LT is some what low play count.

Brett's pass att look perfect for him and one of those off days he has. But scores and stats look really good. Pack just could not get it together and those INTs killed it for them.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
All Star

franch1se's Arena

I used 7 minute quarters and I do plan on bumping them up. I also ran more run plays I only put up LTs stats but turner and Neal also shared carries.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #44
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I used 7 minute quarters and I do plan on bumping them up. I also ran more run plays I only put up LTs stats but turner and Neal also shared carries.
O ok. I also use 8 min quarters.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 PM   #45
All Star

franch1se's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
O ok. I also use 8 min quarters.
How does that work out for you? Good number of plays? Iwas thinking about doing 9 minute quarters. Only reason I used 7 is because the longer I play the higher the scores for both team were and I found them too unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #46
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
I will give you some small basics to help ya. Nothing in depth.

Cover 1 in general = Stopping running plays and short passes
Cover 2 in general = Stopping the shorter passes
Cover 3 in general = Stopping the medium to long pass
Cover 4 in general = Stopping the deep ball
Spy = Watchs the QB
Blitzs = sends a defense man after the QB, (may go for HB if handoff is early enough)
Zone = Each man has a area to defend.
Man = They defend their own man

4-3 = Good standard base defense, solid against the run. Only so so against pass. Good for offense sets with only 2 WRs
3-4 = Same basic thing as 4-3 but is weaker against inside runs. Postives they can send heat for the QB at many different gaps.
Nickle = Good for 3 WR sets. Better against the pass, weaker against the run because of the loss of a LB
Dime = Great for 3 or 4 WR sets. Good against pass. Bad against run. Not a run stopping defense.

General rules
-Pick your play AFTER the offense so you can see what kind of set they are coming out in. Then pick your play on that. Example......If the offense comes out on 1st down in a 2 WR set, then I normally come out in a 4-3 cover 1.

-Don't blitz down after down. Play to force short yards down after down. This will result in mistakes down the road. Always play to never give up the big play.

-
Alright thanks. I was in desperate need of something. I just played about a half hour ago and Brady Quinn was just tearing me up except for the two picks when I pressured him. One drive he prolly went 8/8 or something like that. I know for damn sure he did not throw one incompletion.

NJPapi great job on these sliders. Only thing I did was change the Quarter length to 7 minutes. I was getting very high scores when on 9 minutes. Otherwise terrific job. Everything has been awesome.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #47
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Alright thanks. I was in desperate need of something. I just played about a half hour ago and Brady Quinn was just tearing me up except for the two picks when I pressured him. One drive he prolly went 8/8 or something like that. I know for damn sure he did not throw one incompletion.

NJPapi great job on these sliders. Only thing I did was change the Quarter length to 7 minutes. I was getting very high scores when on 9 minutes. Otherwise terrific job. Everything has been awesome.

"-Don't blitz down after down. Play to force short yards down after down. This will result in mistakes down the road. Always play to never give up the big play"

This quote by me I wanted to talk a little more about. First I was not clear enough on some things. Don't play to not lose. Play to win, but you have to do it in a mistake free way than most tend to play online. Most defenses in the NFL play the bend not break D, that is why the cover 2 is used so often by the better Defensive teams now.

Use what you know about the QB first. Is he a smart QB???? If so, don't send the heat as much as you would normally. Play soft but try and mix up your coverages with alot of different zones. Dropping corners in the flat one play, then dropping them deep. Mixing up your coverages will result in down the road a INT or 2 that can change the game. FORCE the smart QB to be smart the entire game. If you send the heat against these QB's they will light you up.

Now say it is a not so bright QB. Rex Grosman for example. This is when you can get after him and send different blitz packages. When I say packages this is what I am refering to. Don't always blitz with STOCK plays. Instead come out in a cover 3 zone or something that has no blitz but look for the least place he can throw the ball. If he is on the left hash and he only has one back and you have a guy playing zone near the short side of the field. Then hot route that Outside linebacker on the short side to hit the B gap. Different looks and heat will force turnovers and sacks on these kinds of QBs.

ALSO read the team you are playing. Go and look at their coaching tendicies. If they are 70% run and 30% pass or what ever it may be. Then you know what packages you should be defending the most. Most people don't do this before each game BUT it can help out greatly.

Weee

Last edited by HotShot232; 10-18-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #48
All Star

franch1se's Arena

well i just moved up to 9 minute quarters from 7 and here were my results

Chiefs (CPU) 0-3-0-0 = 3
Chargers (ME) 14-7-20-14 = 55

Passing Leaders

Rivers 14 of 22 184 yards 1 TD 0 INT
Huard 13 of 23 118 yards 0 TD 6 INT (3 ran back for TD)

Rushing Leaders

Tomlinson 28 carries 160 Yards 3 TD
Johnson 16 carries for 35 yards
Turner 4 carries for 7 yards

Receiving

Chambers 4 rec for 99 yards 1 TD
Kennison 6 rec for 68 yards
Gates 5 rec for 55 yards
Gonzalez 3 rec for 14 yards

INT

Florence 2 picks 1 TD
Jammer 1 int, 1 TD
Cromartie 1 int, 1 TD
Hart 1 INT
Wilhelm 1 INT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »