Home

NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

^^^^ Whoa Whoa Whoa. I wasn't being sarcastic. It may of come off that way but truthfully I wasn't. I just see that you are OBVIOUSLY better at stopping the run than me and just asking for some advice. I'm just trying to figure out what differs in the play style that is seemingly skewing results off the realm of reality here.

Sorry for the misunderstanding there bro.

Last edited by Helios12787; 11-30-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Typical NJPAPPI taking everything the wrong way.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 PM   #19
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

As promised.....here is a halftime recap...
What can I say....Papi, you and these sliders ARE THE $###!!!!

I just had the best half of Madden .....that I can remember.
Halftime score Phi-10 Pitt-10.
Philly opened up the scoring with a David Ackers fg Phi-3 Pitt-0.
On the ensuing kick-off...Rossum gets nailed...out for the season with a concussion (thank goodness for play now games LOL)

On the 3rd play of the drive Parker get injured....but Pitt would end the drive with a td... Phi-3 Pit -7

Philly's next drive would end with a td,but it was cool as hell how it happened..they marched all the way down to my 3yrd line....figuring a Westbrook run,I clog the middle....Mcnabb play fakes to Westbrook,who proceeds to jump over the pile,while that Biotch Mcnabb runs the bootleg Phi-10 Pitt-7.
Pitts next possession would offer a 3 and out. Phi gets the ball back,and on 3rd and 6.....decide to get tricky... Mcnabb swings the pass to Reggie Brown...who THEN LOOKS TO PASS! I couldn't believe it....Luckily he's no qb,as watching him the whole time was Clark Haggans..just as Harrison is about to deck him...he throws the ball...right to Haggans.....It was all 100% legit too,I couldn't believe it.

This would then lead to Pitt tying up the game before Halftime.
I must say....everything about this half felt great,I did not see ANYTHING that would indicate cheating lb's or corners.

As far as some stats go....the main one I was worried about was the rushing
Westbrook 9 att for 46 yrds...not to shabby
Parker 5 att for 9 yrds....remember,he was injured
Davenport 4 att for 11 yrds
So far,not happy about my running game,but I know I can fix that...gotta get these cats some carries.

James Harrison is a BEAST for me on Defense.....
so far he has 5 tackles,4 for a loss as well as 1 sack...he's been everywhere.

Again....great job on these,I will report back after the game....unless I loseLOL
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 11-30-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
^^^^ Whoa Whoa Whoa. I wasn't being sarcastic. It may of come off that way but truthfully I wasn't. I just see that you are OBVIOUSLY better at stopping the run than me and just asking for some advice. I'm just trying to figure out what differs in the play style that is seemingly skewing results off the realm of reality here.

Sorry for the misunderstanding there bro.

Is cool.... But if you want to stop the run the try and see the pattern that you are getting gashed the most... if is up the middle then pinch the line in but never hit stick... or blitz on runs... use the straff button with the middle backer and you should stop the inside run...

if you get hit with tosses then bump and run and spread the linebackers out and anticipate... dont run towards the runner.. go sideline to sideline... and straff and dont go for hit sticks... make sure you run into the runners and assume gang tackles
Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #21
MVP

^^^ My biggest problem on the run inside. Tosses I can anticipate the lane by switching to a CB and covering the outside fine.

My problem comes in where there is this wall of players blocking all the holes and the running back highlight sticks into it and magically comes out near the end of the line (after glitching a bit when he slams into the wall mid highlight stick).

I've also found that jumping the snap 75% of the time throws me in the exact opposite direction that I need to go giving a lane for him to go through. However, if I don't jump the snap the play goes off anyway since I have my whole line stuck in the block.

I started a franchise controlling all teams and right now I'm just jumping around to the different games and it seems its only the speedy backs that screw me over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
^^^ That is sort of exactly what I found in my first game but I'm gonna keep testing cause these seem real promising (Granted I haven't played madden hardly any until now so I'm a tad rusty).

I found myself getting off the blocks ok (if I jumped the snap) but it was just by the time the animation of breaking the block was over Westbrook was already past the line on the outside. I tried throwing my OLB's into the Flats to have a body there to cover the hole but Westbrook actually RAN OVER my LB's on multiple occasions. I mean cmon the guy is like 5'8" and he pounded through my LB's like it was a sumo wrestler jumping on top of Tiny Tim.
What did EA do with Westbrook? I played Seahawks at Eagles tonight, post-patch, and the guy was like Barry Sanders. I couldn't stop him. I didn't record the final stats but he had well over 200 yards of total offense. There was one where I was coming at him with Deon Grant, open field, after he caught a pass out of the backfield (and McNabb put more air under the ball than I've ever seen the CPU before!), and I decided to go low on the tackle. Westbrook leaped over him like Superman! And this is with an EA roster from a few weeks ago, not the most common one. Weird.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
MVP

^^^^ You don't know how much better that post makes me feel hehe. I was to a point where I was like damn have my Madden skills really degraded this much that I'm the only person in the world getting decimated by Westbrook?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Westbrook has been a demon on Madden since '06

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »