Home

All Madden Scheme ( Ureka )

This is a discussion on All Madden Scheme ( Ureka ) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
All Madden Scheme ( Ureka )

Guy's I have been tinkering with the slider's since it came out and could never find a equal balance on all madden... But then i started messing with the sheme in franchise mode and have had some fantastic results ont only is it realistic but very challenging but without all of the all madden tricks we all know about or cheats i should say!!! So what i did was as follows

All Madden

10 minute quarters (I might raise it to 11 though cause i am consistantly averaging 110 plays)

Slider's everything at default except special teams/Rules I used Njapi's

Weapons - On
Smart Weapon - Off
Mismatch - Off

Substitutions

QB - Default
RB - 86/94
WR - 80/88
FB/TE - 76/84
OL - 72/80

DT - 76/84
DE - 76/84
LB - 76/84
CB - 80/88
S - 80/88

SCHEME

( Keep in mind that you have to select all of the teams when you start your franchise )

these setting are the same for user and cpu , also when i say QB for example is 80/100 that means he is 80 Priority and 100 means Scrambling QB as 0 would mean Pocket and 50 obvisiouly means in the middle this goes for all of the positions...
And don't be alarmed that i am going to have say brett farve as a scrambling QB cause i have done some testing having the QB as a scrambler cuts down on the CPU always throwning Dumb passe and interceptions cause now they hit the dump off man more or they just take the sack and sometimes run
but to me thats better then having 5 interceptions a game

OFFENSE

QB - 70/100
HB - 100/50
FB - 100/50
WR - 90/50
TE - 100/50
T - 80/100
G - 80/50
C - 80/50

DEFENSE

DE - 80/50
DT - 80/50
OLB - 80/50
ILB - 80/50
CB - 90/50
FS - 90/50
SS - 90/50

THATS IT !!!!!!! PS - I AM STILL TWEAKING A LITTLE BIT HERE AND THEIR BUT THIS IS WHAT I GOT SO FAR

Last edited by chrsreinsch; 02-15-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: All Madden Scheme ( Ureka )

I do believe that these scheme settings are used to determine how the cpu will conduct their draft choices.
At least that's how it was last gen (ps2,xbox)
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Rookie

THIS IS FOR NEXT GEN 360
Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

I understand that,but I still believe they work in the same fashion.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 02-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

I might try these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

This is the oldest debate there is. Do these sliders affect gameplay or only roster management?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Rookie

yes they do i have done alot of testing with them
Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Here is an excellent write up of what these sliders are actually for. It was from the cats that created the Madden Manifesto for 2005.
I know you said this is for the 360,but I seriously doubt EA changed the meaning of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzy
As far as the Player Management Sliders go there are a couple things that you can do and some things that you will probably not be able to solve.

You CAN:

...make the CPU draft a particular position in the first round.

Drop all priorities to 2 or below and put one position at 4 or above. This will cause the CPU to look at that one position first. Take QB for example. If there is a QB that fits their "STYLE", they will draft that QB in the first round. I tried this with every team. The 1st 12 picks in the draft were QBs and all 16 were taken in the first round.

...adjust the "STYLE" for each position and affect the player's the CPU drafts. I've mentioned this earlier, but this has to be the most important piece of the puzzle in terms of draft priority. The CPU will "make" a need at a position if what they have doesn't meet what they "want."

Fix the "STYLE" for every team at every position to reflect the actual roster and a lot of the problems disappear even at default "priorities."

You CAN'T:

...prevent the CPU from drafting several players at one position. For whatever reason the CPU continues to do this. I've tried a great many different combinations of priority sliders and there have always been are most probably will always be teams that decide they need 4 MLBs or 6 RTs. It just happens and there isn't much you can do about it except change the player's position.

...prevent several teams from drafting some strange positions in the first round. Prime culprits of this behavior are NO, NE, WAS, BUF, CHI, and DEN. NO and Buf like to draft a RB in the first round, NE likes to draft a DT, WAS loves CBs and MLBs, CHI loves RBs, and DEN can't get enough of those OTs. Buf also quite frequently drafts a QB of the future. I guess the CPU knows Losman will suck in the future so they go ahead and draft another QB (hopefully no one who likes Losman takes offense to this, it is simply a sarcastic remark in that the CPU quite often makes boneheaded picks). The only way I solved this problem was dropping those positions priority to 0. Only problem there is it will prevent those teams from drafting that position in the first 3 rounds, which isn't really proper either.

...prevent the CPU from overdrafting FS/SS in the first round unless you drop the priority to the point where that position won't be drafted in the first round.

The 0 and 2 thing is quite an effective system but the CPU will still have issues with its picks. With that scheme any position with a Priority of 2 will have a chance to be taken in the first round on, any position with a priority of 1 will have a chance to be taken from the 2nd round on, and any position left at 0 will not be taken until the 4th round.

As for FA, good luck. I really wasnt' able to affect how the CPU operated in FA with the Player Management sliders. If the CPU had a need at a position and had the cap room it pretty much went after the top guy.

That's pretty much all I got out of my hours of testing the Player Management Sliders, hopefully someone can figure something out that works the best, but the above info can work well enough not to ruin the fun of the franchise.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »