Home

Using a dummy player 2 for CPU sliders per Slayters idea. Sliders are posted here.

This is a discussion on Using a dummy player 2 for CPU sliders per Slayters idea. Sliders are posted here. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Using a dummy player 2 for CPU sliders per Slayters idea. Sliders are posted here.

****This DOES work in franchise****

I know some hate the idea of CPU sliders some want it back so take this thread for whatever you feel its worth. I wasn't completely sold on the idea of really needing CPU sliders but I've come to realize that its important to have as many fine tuning options available.

I've played with the existing sliders a lot and I've managed to get them working pretty well with the exceptions of CPU and USER completion %'s. This has been a sore spot for myself for the last couple of days.

Grab a second controller and load a profile after you get past the coin toss. Before the game starts pause the game with the second controller and go into the controller select screen. Move it to your opponents side as if you're getting ready to play as user #2. Go into the settings and customize your sliders to your liking. Then move the controller back to neutral (CPU) and then return to the game. The second controller will still allow you to navigate the pause screen when you're at the default (CPU) controller select.

The CPU will take over using those custom sliders. I checked frequently by pausing the game using the other controller and the sliders stayed to the custom settings for the entire game and actually stuck for each game after without me having to go in and redo it each time. I only had to set this up each time I turned on/off the 360 so thats a nice plus in my opinion.

I'm no expert but here are some sliders that have yield great results for me. I'd really like some of you guys to test this and give me your thoughts. I jotted down some averages but not stats so if someone wants to post up some stats that would be a good idea so we can tweek this from there.

Some averages over 6 games

I played as the Cowboys each game.

-CPU yards per rush fell between 3.8 and 5.9.

-CPU pass percentage ranged from 49% to 66%.

-Averaged 3 picks between both teams over the 6 games.

-USER pass percentage ranged from 56% to 68% on an average of 24 passes a game.

-USER rushing yards per game ranged from a low of 49 on 12 carries to 101 on 17 carries.

I set the INTs to 1 and 1 on each side. You can't toss up crap and expect to not get picked off. Learn to throw it away if you got nothing. Had I been better at not forcing it I would have yielded better USER results in regards to being picked off.

USER CUSTOM

Passing - 15
QB Accuracy - 20
Pass Blocking - 36
WR Catching - 4

Rushing 7
Broken Tackles: 70
Run Blocking: 73
Fumbles: 50

Pass Defense 7
Reaction Time: 100
Interceptions: 0
Pass Rushing: 85

Rush Defense 15
Reaction Time: 15
Block Shedding: 28
Tackling: 28

CPU CUSTOM (dummy user)

Passing 15
QB Accuracy: 20
Pass Blocking: 38
WR Catching: 28

Rushing 7
Broken Tackles: 68
Run Blocking: 82
Fumbles: 50

Pass Defense 10
Reaction Time: 95
Interceptions: 0
Pass Rushing: 60

Rush Defense 13
Reaction Time: 28
Block Shedding: 30
Tackling: 48

DISCLAIMER ---

Almost every single game I played with these sliders I noticed that my passing % were high in the first half...particularly the 1st quarter. I always seemed to start out 7-9 or 8-10 but in each game as I got into the 3rd and 4th quarters those numbers evened out. I never once ended up with over 68% pass percentage. So its possible that you'll notice this as well. Give it at least two games before deciding to tweek it.

Last edited by RumbleCard; 08-15-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Using a dummy player 2 for CPU sliders per Slayters idea. Sliders are posted here

Nice work, Rumblecard! Those look to be some pretty inspiring stats.

BTW - I love the title of the thread . I know I'm not the only person to think of this (i.e., I found this thread today which was started before I posted here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/262074-cpu-vs-cpu-players.html )

Nonetheless, thanks for the mention!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using a dummy player 2 for CPU sliders per Slayters idea. Sliders are posted here

So I would love to know if, during gameplay, does this method seem to realistically reduce the CPU quarterback's accuracy? I have yet to try out a good set of normal sliders, but from what I have read I have some concerns that the normal sliders might just make the human's pass defence better, instead of making the cpu quarterback just a little less accurate. I know this is hard to measure with stats, just anyone's experience would help. I would think that this method might be a little better :-) but I do not have the time to thoroughly test both different methods
Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsmaniac02
So I would love to know if, during gameplay, does this method seem to realistically reduce the CPU quarterback's accuracy? I have yet to try out a good set of normal sliders, but from what I have read I have some concerns that the normal sliders might just make the human's pass defence better, instead of making the cpu quarterback just a little less accurate. I know this is hard to measure with stats, just anyone's experience would help. I would think that this method might be a little better :-) but I do not have the time to thoroughly test both different methods

I'm really glad you brought this up. I noticed on many occasion instead of seeing the proverbial bobbled ball due to WR catching being so low or a more receptive SS, CB or FS jumping in for a swat I was pleasantly suprised to finally see many passes being thrown off target.

I finally saw a couple of passes go over the head of a jumping WR in tight coverage.

I finally saw the QB overthrow the ball about 4 yards too far to the right and left of out patterns.

I finally saw a few passes come in short near the feet of WRs as the QB moved away from pressure.

I also noticed the frequency of these things increase as the line pressure closed in.

I'm really hoping some guys can jump in and test these sliders for me to see if I need to tweek it a little more.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Grab a second controller and load a profile after you get past the coin toss. Before the game starts pause the game with the second controller and go into the controller select screen. Move it to your opponents side as if you're getting ready to play as user #2. Go into the settings and customize your sliders to your liking. Then move the controller back to neutral (CPU) and then return to the game. The second controller will still allow you to navigate the pause screen when you're at the default (CPU) controller select.
[/b]
I'm a little confused by the first step. Are you saying to plug in the 2nd controller, start a game with the user controller as #1 and the 2nd controller at cpu, then after the coin toss load a profile for the cpu and move it over to user #2 for the settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I'm a little confused by the first step. Are you saying to plug in the 2nd controller, start a game with the user controller as #1 and the 2nd controller at cpu, then after the coin toss load a profile for the cpu and move it over to user #2 for the settings?
Yeah you pretty much nailed it. Then return controller #2 back to cpu after you change the sliders. Unpause and resume game with your controller.

1. Go start a game.
2. Coin toss
3. Pause with your controller
4. turn on second controller load different profile
5. unpause with your controller
6. then pause again using second controller
7. scroll down and use the menu to access the controller select screen and move this second controller over underneath the opposing team allowing you to take control like a user. Kinda like if your buddy jumped in at the last second.
8. Then go and edit the custom slider setting to your liking.
9. Go back and move the controller back to the default position (cpu controlled).
10. At this point I usually go back into the slider menu to make sure nothings changed. All should be the same and unchanged from you Custom slider settings. Effectively allowing you to have edited the sliders the CPU will be using against you.
11. Unpause and return to game.
12. Set controller down and return to your original controller and play the game.

This allows you to use not only your sliders but the sliders you adjusted on the CPU end of things.

Look at it this way its like you're playing a friend and you have your sliders and he has his. The only difference is that you moved his controller right down the middle where the cpu runs the game not your buddy using Human #2.

So far I haven't had to go back and readjust these for game 2 and 3 and so on. The cpu just keeps those custom sliders until the game console is turned off.

This is kind of confusing so I hope I'm making sense.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Somewhere around halftime my second controller which is wireless turns itself off. This is where a lot of people thought the game would stop and ask you to reconnect your controller but it doesn't since that controller is under the default CPU.

This works and good I might add. Its some work but its not that tough once you've done a few times. I like not having to go back and do this each game.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will definitely be trying these tonight or tomorrow night. Matters how tired I am after seeing Tropic Thunder (looks freaking awesome!). I am really excited to hear about the overthrows and underthrows and whatnot; as opposed to just bad receivers and/or super coverage. I would think that this trick might be the only way to achieve that.

I will also try a set of good sliders without doing the trick and see how I like those; but I am very interested the differences between using this trick and not using this trick... as I think what we have been talking about above should be a KEY difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »