Home

Stats, tips, sliders, sub in, volume control

This is a discussion on Stats, tips, sliders, sub in, volume control within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Stats, tips, sliders, sub in, volume control

TIPS

Rushing

1. Mix it up. Dont alway run to the left or the right.
2. Keep Blocking at 60-75. With it lower, running is impossible
3. FIND YOUR HOLES. If you stare at the RB all the time like I use to, you wont run. You actually have to look at your blockers all the time.
4. With lynch, run inside. With a speed RB, run outside.
5. With a power back, rapidly flick the R analog stick. They will fight for a good 4 more yards.
6. Dont be over aggresive. Find your holes and run threw them. Dont run and then find your holes. Try to see what your blockers are doing before you get the handoff.
7. Play to your ability. With Lynch, POWER. Try stiffarms and truck. With Jackson, juke and spin.

Doing this, I had 105 yards rushing with Lynch in a wild card game. Playoff games make the games 3 times tougher.

Passing

1. Trust your line. Dont start running out of the pocket all the time. If you do, 9/10 times the defender will break from the linemen and you will be running for your life.
2. Use slants and TEs. When using a TE, let him do a slant or a post to the inside. If its 3rd, do this because the TE is open 9/10 times.
3. Recognize your players strengths. If you use someone like Chad pennington, dont throw deep. But with Grossman, you might want to. Dont throw the ball to a slow RB like Edge. Best bet is to use a fast RB on screens and a power one if your 20 yards from the goaline. Also, USE YOUR WRs and TEs Strengths. Send someone like Smith on deep slants, and someone like James Hardy or Jurovicious on shorter outside plays. With the shorter plays, the defense has a easier shot at a play, so if you want to use those, make sure you have a big WR. For a deep pass, you want a smaller and quicker player. Like if im on a 3rd and 5. Dont sen your Evans or Smith on the curl route or the short slant. Use your 6-3 to 6-6 reciever. If your on a 3rd and 10, put your smaller WR on more of a deep slant.
4. Keep an eye on the down field and unless its 3rd or 4th down, dont be afraid to throw it away. Ive had a play where I had great protection but I kept looking at my line. I started getting pressure, then noticed a wide open Parrish down the field, threw it 40 yards and scored.
5. Throwing power doesnt only mean deep passes. It also means how fast will the ball get to the open reciever. Penningtons passes will get to the reciever slower than Favres will. So if you have to make a pass that the DB is right behind the WR, make sure your QB has at least 90 THP. If your Pennington, the pass will get there slower and give the DB a chance to make a play. Someone like Favre will have a easier time getting the ball to the reciever.

Sliders- alright, here are my sliders. I did a game, I loved it, but for me it was to easy, so in red are my new ones to make it more difficult if you think it is to easy. Also remember, FOLLOW THE TIPS. They realy helped. Nothing on here is over the top. Also, credit goes to anyone who made sliders. I used alot of them to help me get mine.

Pass- 10

Acc- 40 30
PB- 65
WR- 45

Run- 7 10

BT- 65
RB- 65
FUM- 50

ALL TO 50 ^

PD- 9 6

RT- 100 80
INT- 50
PR- 80

RD- 13 14

RT- 25 15
BS- 25
TAC- 50- if any more, the other teams WR will break like 3 tackles a catch.

Subs- ALL CHANGE TO 81 UNLESS YOU LIKE THE STATS.

RB- 71, 100
FB TE- 40, 100
DT- 71, 100
DE- 71, 100

Stats

Bills(me)- 24-13 Chargers (CPU)

OVERALL STATS- Bills 1st, Chargers 2nd

Note- The total pass yards include sacks. The individuals, dont

TOTAL- 288, 138
Turnovers- 2, 3
Rush- 172, 61
Pass- 114, 77

Note- Remember, buffalo has one of the best OL in the NFL, so the blocking has to do with the high running yds. Also, 1 of lynchs carries was a 40 yard TD so that made the rushing yards huge.

Individual

Rivers- 48.3 rat, 93 yards, 12/21, 57 cpt
Trent- 26.5 rat, 158 yds, 2 INT, 10/27, 37 CPT
Lynch- 119 yds, 3 TDs(2 were goaline so dont panic) 28 Att, 4.2 avr
LT- 57 yds, 15 att, 3.8 avr, 1 fum
Jackson- 28 yds, 2 rus, 14 avr
Sproles- 4 yds, 1 att (Sproles also had a beautiful 80 yd return against me)
Hester- 1 att, 0 yds
Hardy- 4 cat, 79 yds
WR Jackson- 4 cat, 58 yds
Parrish- 2 cat, 25 yds
Gates- 2 cat, 8 yds
Evans- 1 cat, 31 yds
Cromartie- 7 tak, 1 INT, 100 yds, 1 TD
Merriman- 7 tak
Olashansky- 7 tak, 2 sak
Kelsay- 6 tak, 2 sak
Schobel- 3 tak, 1 sak
Gordan- 3 tak, 1 sak
Williams- 4 tak, 1 sak

Volume control

Anouncers- 80
Field- 80
Crowd- 100
PA- 100

Hope you like these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Stats, tips, sliders, sub in, volume control

What quarter length did you use?

MLB- New York Yankees
NFL- New York Giants
NBA- Toronto Raptors
Old 08-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

After much experimentation, I would say 50 is too high for INTs-I'd go with 40. It was your INT of 50 that made your Pass D easier, not so much your Reaction Time. By the way 40 & 50 are like night and day in this game. You need Rush D up to at least 16 overall, I have mine set at 18. Of course what do I know? These are what works for me and despite the game's flaws it's the most fun I've had with a video football game, including 2K. Of course I welcome updates and insights that will make the game even better.
PS-don't really see the WR breaking tackle problem when increasing the Tackle subset slider for Run D.

Last edited by JayBee74; 08-21-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
After much experimentation, I would say 50 is too high for INTs-I'd go with 40. It was your INT of 50 that made your Pass D easier, not so much your Reaction Time. By the way 40 & 50 are like night and day in this game. You need Rush D up to at least 16 overall, I have mine set at 18. Of course what do I know? These are what works for me and despite the game's flaws it's the most fun I've had with a video football game, including 2K. Of course I welcome updates and insights that will make the game even better.
PS-don't really see the WR breaking tackle problem when increasing the Tackle subset slider for Run D.

I had a game where tackling was low and the WR would catch a pass and run for a TD each time. Also, use the sub sliders in red (sun in sub out). They work extremely well. Had 2nd stringer get about 9 carries and 11 snaps. This is on 7 minute quarters.

Edit- INT helps pass D? Never new that. I made the Rush D alot harder, played the pats and gave up about 80 yds. It realy sucks because I was playing the pats to go to the superbowl. I was losing by 14 at the 1st quarter. 4 minutes left in the 1st half, I scored 2 times. Then it went back and forth and then we were tied with 3 minutes left to go and the game froze.

Last edited by 22clements; 08-21-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

you gave hints for everything except what I needed lol: special teams. I am great at punting and kicking field goals but my returns are not so hot. I've had the game for 2 weeks and have never run back a punt or kick. What tips would you give for returns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
you gave hints for everything except what I needed lol: special teams. I am great at punting and kicking field goals but my returns are not so hot. I've had the game for 2 weeks and have never run back a punt or kick. What tips would you give for returns.

PR. Always use middle. Juke the 1st and 2nd player, and you should get a easy 25 yards. Who is you KR because it varies.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

To DieHardYankee26

Punt returning is difficult but 22clements gave you some good tips. As for kickoffs, use return middle also because this makes sure the kick is returned by your #1 returner. Even though you choose return middle, don't return it up the middle. I choose to go to the left because the right side has a starting corner while the left has a WR covering the kick. Be patient and move the returner slightly left or right to set up your blockers. With good blocks, there should be one defender left. Either spin or juke him to the outside and its daylight to the endzone. Keep in mind, good NFL returners only return 1 or 2 kicks in a season. There is only one Devin Hester lol. Set up practice mode for kickoffs, try out my tips and get used to where the holes are. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDeezNutz
To DieHardYankee26

Punt returning is difficult but 22clements gave you some good tips. As for kickoffs, use return middle also because this makes sure the kick is returned by your #1 returner. Even though you choose return middle, don't return it up the middle. I choose to go to the left because the right side has a starting corner while the left has a WR covering the kick. Be patient and move the returner slightly left or right to set up your blockers. With good blocks, there should be one defender left. Either spin or juke him to the outside and its daylight to the endzone. Keep in mind, good NFL returners only return 1 or 2 kicks in a season. There is only one Devin Hester lol. Set up practice mode for kickoffs, try out my tips and get used to where the holes are. Hope this helps.

Not just saying this because its my team. But if you want to play a game with great returners. Use buffalo. They have 4 of the best returners. 2 of them are top 5 returners and one has been the best returner ever and is arguably the best returner ever in NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »