Home

Dummy Profile not Needed!

This is a discussion on Dummy Profile not Needed! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Dummy Profile not Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
I took it to be that there are only one set of sliders that you share with the CPU. The difference now being of course that you can adjust the CPU playing ability, albeit limited by the fact that you must use the same settings for your team as well.
Yep that's how I understand it as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Since I only have on controller, I wanted to "test" the dummy profile method using my own slider set. And it works. I also posted this in the Dummy thread, but started my own thread in order to get as many eyeballs on it as possible.

Before starting a game, I set my QB accuracy slider to 0, pass blocking to 50 and WR catching to 45. I then fired up a game between the Cowboys and Patriots.

I wanted to play as the Patriots, but picked the Cowboys. Again, I wanted to see if my sliders would "load" with that team. As soon as the game started, I switched sides (from the Cowboys to the Patriots). I made sure the skill level was still set to "custom," which it was. I was now playing as the Patriots with my sliders. But would the Cowboys use my sliders as well?

I proceeded to play away and am stunned by what I watched unfold. Computer controlled Romo was just awful: 8/23 (34%), 40 YDS, 0 TD, 3 INT. I have played about 20 games so far, and have NEVER seen numbers like this from a QB. Not even the bad ones.

I was also stunned to see the CPU run as much as it did. Barber had 18 touches in the first half.

So, there we go. I don't think a "dummy" profile is needed. Just load a game playing for the other team, and switch sides once the game loads.
I know what you are saying I'll have to try this later.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You're going to have to do a better job of explaining this. If there's only one profile, isn't there just one set of sliders? And if that's the case, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having CPU sliders? What you're describing seems nothing more than switching sides during a game.

Unless you're trying to say we need to create another profile (thereby having separate human and CPU sliders) and just switch between profiles after the game loads, eliminating the need to have a second controller?

Again, you need to clarify this.
Is this possible, this may work making 2 profiles????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I took it to be that there are only one set of sliders that you share with the CPU. The difference now being of course that you can adjust the CPU playing ability, albeit limited by the fact that you must use the same settings for your team as well.
thats how i see it as well. If it actually does work, it might be interesting. However, it will also be very limiting as both the user and CPU will share the same slider set.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I don't see how this would improve your gaming experience.

My first concern is robo QB, so I adjust the settings to make passing more difficult for the CPU. But I don't want passing to be that hard for me, so what's the point?

Same thing for CPU running game. I'll adjust so that CPU can rush the ball better, but this will also cause me to be unstoppable on the ground. So that would negate the purpose.

So, in conclusion, a dummy profile IS needed.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #14
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Computer controlled Romo was just awful
Just like the real one!!!
I like it!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4

This wont work in franchise will it. Your game will never load with the the other team unless you control all 32 teams. Right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #16
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

While I am not 100% sold that this truly works I will say that I have been tinkering with this since the original dummy slider idea came out (as I too am armed with one controller). What I can say is that trying what the OP suggested (kind of) does give a different feel to the game - a good feel.

I took the angle of creating two seperate profiles, one is my norm, the other I simply named 'dummy madden' - dummy maden has his own set of sliders which I load, pick unis and such for that team, then exit and load my own. What does happen, doubt it or not, is a great feeling game, low %'s for the QB - essentially, what I want from the game - good D, nice stats, and above all - a challenge.......

.....still like HC better though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »