Home

Dummy Profile not Needed!

This is a discussion on Dummy Profile not Needed! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dummy Profile not Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Since I only have on controller, I wanted to "test" the dummy profile method using my own slider set. And it works. I also posted this in the Dummy thread, but started my own thread in order to get as many eyeballs on it as possible.

Before starting a game, I set my QB accuracy slider to 0, pass blocking to 50 and WR catching to 45. I then fired up a game between the Cowboys and Patriots.

I wanted to play as the Patriots, but picked the Cowboys. Again, I wanted to see if my sliders would "load" with that team. As soon as the game started, I switched sides (from the Cowboys to the Patriots). I made sure the skill level was still set to "custom," which it was. I was now playing as the Patriots with my sliders. But would the Cowboys use my sliders as well?

I proceeded to play away and am stunned by what I watched unfold. Computer controlled Romo was just awful: 8/23 (34%), 40 YDS, 0 TD, 3 INT. I have played about 20 games so far, and have NEVER seen numbers like this from a QB. Not even the bad ones.

I was also stunned to see the CPU run as much as it did. Barber had 18 touches in the first half.

So, there we go. I don't think a "dummy" profile is needed. Just load a game playing for the other team, and switch sides once the game loads.
I tried this last night and it works. I had the CPU pass defense on 100 for the entire game just to try it and it was very hard to pass. I even had the CPU running the ball alot better. BTW could you post your sliders on the first page what you are using, Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley

All this will me moot once the DLC pack comes out, however. CPU sliders will be "in". But this is one way those of us with on controller can enjoy our games until then.

They are supposed to patch the CPU sliders? AWESOME. I hope they do. I don't know what they were thinking when they took them out????????? You will always need CPU sliders.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
They are supposed to patch the CPU sliders? AWESOME. I hope they do. I don't know what they were thinking when they took them out????????? You will always need CPU sliders.
Ian said it's not definite that Microsoft will allow the free DLC, but if it does, then it will include CPU sliders, which he said are pretty much done and ready to go.

Whoever decided to remove the CPU sliders in the first place is probably the same guy who invented the new Coke back in the '80s.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Ian said it's not definite that Microsoft will allow the free DLC, but if it does, then it will include CPU sliders, which he said are pretty much done and ready to go.

Whoever decided to remove the CPU sliders in the first place is probably the same guy who invented the new Coke back in the '80s.
Why should we have to pay for something that should have been in the game. It should be FREE. Like you said WHY did they remove the CPU sliders in the first place, you need them in the game? They should hire people like us to test the game and get rid of the ones they have, they did a terrible job in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #29
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
Why should we have to pay for something that should have been in the game. It should be FREE. Like you said WHY did they remove the CPU sliders in the first place, you need them in the game? They should hire people like us to test the game and get rid of the ones they have, they did a terrible job in my opinion.
From what I understand, Microsoft, not EA, determines whether the DLC is free or not. Just my opinion, but if M$ determines the DLC should cost money, then I don't see EA even bothering, because that would be a PR disaster to charge for something that's always been included with the game.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, the bottom line is, cpu sliders are not in the game and if microsoft decides we'll have to pay money to get em, then I'd pay the money. Quit bein cheapskates, lol! One thing to add though, they should add alot more cosmetic things in the patch if we're paying for it, ie face masks, uniforms, ya know, things like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »