Home

Slider effectiveness (not related to any posted sliders) is way too low

This is a discussion on Slider effectiveness (not related to any posted sliders) is way too low within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Slider effectiveness (not related to any posted sliders) is way too low

All of this is with dummy sliders and how I see it.

-Int sliders work

-Human running sliders seem to work although a lot of it is based on how well you actually run yourself.

-CPU running sliders work, in a way. Meaning they can run but not too well. And this isn't cause I'm a run stop god but simply my CPU players (Bengals) seem to live in the backfield sometimes. And I basically just defend the pass every play anyway. If I really defend the run they won't get anything.

-CPU and USER pass sliders don't work. It's better with the dummy system but barely so. Both are too accurate.

-Pass defense reaction time doesn't work for either the CPU or the USER. Very little difference between 0 and 100.

-FG accuracy slider makes no difference what so ever for the USER. CPU seems to miss sometimes at 0. Basically impossible to miss wide since you can just set the arrow where you want and then it's all about power (which is really easy).

Other sliders are less meaningful but don't seem to be very effective.

Btw, fumbles probably should be at 100 to get more of them. But I've tried 0 and 100and didn't seem to matter anyway.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
All of this is with dummy sliders and how I see it.

-Int sliders work

-Human running sliders seem to work although a lot of it is based on how well you actually run yourself.

-CPU running sliders work, in a way. Meaning they can run but not too well. And this isn't cause I'm a run stop god but simply my CPU players (Bengals) seem to live in the backfield sometimes. And I basically just defend the pass every play anyway. If I really defend the run they won't get anything.

-CPU and USER pass sliders don't work. It's better with the dummy system but barely so. Both are too accurate.

-Pass defense reaction time doesn't work for either the CPU or the USER. Very little difference between 0 and 100.

-FG accuracy slider makes no difference what so ever for the USER. CPU seems to miss sometimes at 0. Basically impossible to miss wide since you can just set the arrow where you want and then it's all about power (which is really easy).

Other sliders are less meaningful but don't seem to be very effective.

Btw, fumbles probably should be at 100 to get more of them. But I've tried 0 and 100and didn't seem to matter anyway.
After using various slider sets and my own testing,I have to agree with this.
I have the best games on default All-Pro/Hardcore. The CPU certainly calls a better game in that mode;I think slider tweaks greatly change how the CPU "thinks".
We'll have to see how it goes after Patch #2.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #11
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-game.html

I've found the best way to get the CPU to play hard against me is to just alter coaching schemes and the human sliders.

Not using a dummy profile has proved more effective for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-game.html

I've found the best way to get the CPU to play hard against me is to just alter coaching schemes and the human sliders.

Not using a dummy profile has proved more effective for me.
I think I will take you up on this advice, because I am definitely finding that the dummy slider option IS NOT working! I have yet to lose a game, and I have the dummy sliders tweaked to benefit the CPU much more than HUM. Maybe these drastic tweaks somehow mess the cpu strategy up or something? I think I'll give ALL-PRO a shot and go from there.

Other than losing the rewind option, does switching to "hardcore" really effect anything else?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ill tell you the sliders do work.At first i was kind of iffy about using them but last night i tried NJPAPI sliders and man i had the best game and the most challenging game i have had since i bought madden 09.Im more of a all madden player and from what i hear you have to set your sliders based on your skills.Yes certain things need to be in patch #2 to fix certain problems,but overall I love the dummy sliders.Any of you guys who are 700 IQ or higher try NJPAPI sliders.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Actually, you have it backwards. All the other sliders work well except the interception slider.

At all 0s and the fumble slider set at 75 (the higher the fumble slider, the better the running back plays for some odd reason), I have just seen Adrian Peterson break his 296-yard record by the end of the first half of an 8-minute-quarter game.

I've also seen QBs throw three picks by the end of the first half with the interception slider set at 0, so yeah. The interception slider needs tweaked again, in my opinion.

Last edited by Tecahl; 09-17-2008 at 11:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »