Home

All-Madden PS2 sliders

This is a discussion on All-Madden PS2 sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: All-Madden PS2 sliders

I think HUM awareness is too high, and thats really hurting the CPU running game imo.

Well, there's a lot of factors that go into that. Are you putting 8 men at the box? Are you committing to the run (right analog down)? Are you jumping ahead to big leads early? I do understand that the high HUM awareness does lead to more stops behind the line of scrimmage, but really, even at the default (10), I pretty much guarantee that a decent Madden player will lead in stops behind the line.

I mainly have the HUM awareness that high because the Human DBs are absolutely clueless in covering the receivers. It would be nice if there were sliders to fix HUM run and pass awareness, but as it is, the slider pertains to both. They'll end up giving a lot of cushion at default and they'll be really clueless especially coming out of the breaks for the routes. The Awareness slider adversely effects the CPU run game, but I suppose you can lower it down to the default number (10) and see if the running game improves.

I think the CPU pass blocking is way too low

I think the main problem is that for the most part, the line play in Madden is just ridiculously stupid. I really don't see the sliders changing that aspect. Linemen freely bypass the 1st level defenders and go entirely to the 2nd level, they don't form a safe pocket, they backpedal too much (sometimes even going behind the QB o_O), they don't double team, they don't engage long enough, etc. RBs/FBs who are left to pass block more often than not end up on the ground upon contact with the defender, which is just unrealistic. Don't even get me started on those agile swim move animations that just leave the defender clueless.

One of the problems is that the pass blocking slider will also affect pancakes, so you have to understand that when you make changes. I suppose you can try putting the CPU pass block at 3 to see if that is better. At the very least, it would be even with the Human break block. Try that, then move the CPU pass block slider from there until it's on a level that suits you.

I do manually blitz a lot sometimes, but it's really easy to get sacks, especially outside the offensive tackles. They simply don't have the lateral movement to stop outside rushes, which is just not true in the NFL game (well, maybe for some teams it's true, but that's another discussion entirely).

I've always felt that if EA overhauls the battle in the trenches, the game would be significantly better.

I wish they would have separate sliders for special teams.

The sliders, in general, need an overhaul. There should be lots of them for the player to configure. Right now, the sliders affect so many different aspects that are just not realistic. QB Accuracy affects accuracy, throwing distance and velocity. RB ability affects running speed and break tackling for a RB (but it also includes WRs, so magically everyone turns into an Anquan Boldin or a Brandon Marshall)

I think having more sliders, and specific sliders will make the game better.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigan
I posted this over on GameFAQs a few days ago. I'll go ahead and post it here also for anyone who wants to try them. One person (an NCAA fan who is getting his football fix by playing Madden on the PS2) said that he tried these sliders and ended up going 0-6 in his first six games. I got the impression that he's fairly new to Madden, so there's definitely an adjustment period there to get used to Madden gameplay. I've gone 10-3 or so with these sliders so far on 'Play Now' games, but I think that's primarily due to my understanding of the game engine and mechanics (been playing it on PS2 since 03), and just knowing how Madden plays on the PS2.
These are similar to settings I've been using the past few Maddens. Just played a practice game(9 min. quarters) against Detroit(Eli got knocked out in the second quarter, had to finish with David Carr).

1st Quarter:
NYG 8 yard pass from Manning to Toomer(2:23)

GIANTS 7, Lions 0

2nd Quarter:
DET 13 yard pass from Kitna to Williams(5:50)
NYG 30 yard FG by Tynes(1:15)
NYG 49 yard pass from Carr to Burress(0:00)

GIANTS 17, Lions 7

3rd Quarter:
DET 2 yard run by Smith(6:04)

GIANTS 17, Lions 14

4th Quarter:
NYG 22 yard FG by Tynes(2:44)

Final Score - GIANTS 20, Lions 14

Giants:
Carr - 7 of 11/122 yards/1TD

Jacobs - 25 car/72 yards
Bradshaw - 8 car/38 yards
Ward - 9 car/33 yards

Burress - 3 recs/69 yards/1TD
Toomer - 4 recs/48 yards/1TD
Boss - 5 recs/47 yards

Diehl - 6 pancakes
McKenzie - 5 pancakes

Ross - 4 tackles
Robbins - 4 tackles, 1-loss/1 sack

Lions:
Kitna - 15 of 23/151 yards/1TD/sacked 2x

Smith - 14 car/42 yards/1TD

Williams - 5 recs/42 yards/1TD
Gaines - 2 recs/39 yards
Johnson - 3 recs/30 yards

Backus - 5 pancakes

Smith - 10 tackles
Dizon - 9 tackles
Redding - 6 tackles, 2-loss
Devries - 5 tackles, 1-loss

This was a tough, grind-it-out win. Fits my style of play perfectly - pound the ball relentlessly(even if I'm getting 2/3 yards), then hit the WRs/TEs with safe passes and hope they can get big plays.

Unfortunately, no slider settings will fix the stupid DB A.I., or the suction blocking.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:24 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Cowboys at GIANTS

1st Quarter:
NYG 59 yard pass from Manning to Burress(7:30)
NYG 44 yard FG by Tynes(0:49)

GIANTS 10, Cowboys 0

2nd Quarter:
DAL 45 yard FG by Folk(6:57)
NYG 6 yard pass from Manning to Boss(1:07)
NYG 22 yard FG by Tynes(0:01)

GIANTS 20, Cowboys 3

3rd Quarter:
DAL 35 yard FG by Folk(6:44)

GIANTS 20, Cowboys 6

4th Quarter:
DAL 11 yard pass from Romo to Crayton(8:57)

Final Score - GIANTS 20, Cowboys 13

Giants:
Manning - 9 of 20/169 yards/2TDs/1INT/sacked 3x

Jacobs - 25 car/88 yards
Bradshaw - 9 car/30 yards

Burress - 2 recs/66 yards/1TD
Toomer - 3 recs/45 yards
Boss - 2 recs/35 yards/1TD

Mackenzie - 4 pancakes

Pierce - 9 tackles, 1-loss
Webster - 6 tackles
Ross - 6 tackles
Cofield - 4 tackles/2 sacks

Cowboys:
Romo - 19 of 31/181 yards/1TD/1INT/sacked 3x

Barber - 16 car/55 yards
Jones - 3 car/13 yards

Glenn - 7 recs/96 yards
Owens - 3 recs/31 yards
Crayton - 3 recs/25 yards/1TD

Colombo - 6 pancakes
Kosier - 5 pancakes/gave up 2 sacks

Ratliff - 9 tackles
Ware - 8 tackles/2 sacks
James - 5 tackles
Canty - 5 tackles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is the +6 pass for both the offensive and defensive strategy or just offensive?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

So I played with these sliders today (granted I'm sick so my decision skills may be off) and played with Broncos versus Raiders (first time playing with Broncos) and I must say it was challenging and I lost barely due to a big play by Javon Walker in the final 33 seconds. I may try to play again when I'm not sick and having all sorts of meds going through my body but good stuff.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #14
Rookie

I don't consider myself a very good Madden player, but in less than half a quarter with these sliders (Titans vs. Bills) I was ahead with the Titans 14-0 and had sacked Edwards three times.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsturgeon
I don't consider myself a very good Madden player, but in less than half a quarter with these sliders (Titans vs. Bills) I was ahead with the Titans 14-0 and had sacked Edwards three times.
btw, none of the sacks were human, all were CPU vs CPU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #16
Rookie

xirtamehtsitahw's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: All-Madden PS2 sliders

I tried your sliders on Madden 12 for the PSP, but played with Coach Mode on, to take most of the human factor out (I still call the plays--Madden's Pick, of course), and play with 8 minute quarters. So far, the sliders seem to be working! w00t!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »