Home

IQ "Test" Franchise?

This is a discussion on IQ "Test" Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: IQ "Test" Franchise?

It sounds like good times and I will follow your thread and I will post my stats from IQ games as well BTW the patch will be here soon look:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....37447&tstart=0
Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

...great thread...thx 4 the updates...makes me wanna test this IQ thing again......
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliman125
...great thread...thx 4 the updates...makes me wanna test this IQ thing again......
No problem ... I'll try to get games 5 and 6 in tonight with updates. I have to say I'm really enjoying the "IQ" games up to this point.

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-22-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
No problem ... I'll try to get games 5 and 6 in tonight with updates. I have to say I'm really enjoying the "IQ" games up to this point.
What did I tell you Steeler? IQ is the way to go, you knew I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. Glad your enjoying it.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
What did I tell you Steeler? IQ is the way to go, you knew I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. Glad your enjoying it.
So far I have to admit it's been enjoyable, but I'm hoping the cpu will eventually whip me? Like I mentioned earlier, I will continue this franchise for at least 10 games and if I don't lose at all I may then take the IQ settings and transfer them to custom sliders so I could tweak them to make games a bit harder?

You know what might be a neat idea for EA ... just like most of us agree we need HUM and CPU sliders to effectively tweak the game to our personal level, how about enhancing IQ so that not only does "my" IQ adjust as I play, but also allow the "cpu" to have an IQ that adjusts to the human challenge it receives???

Now that might make for the ultimate in sports gaming challenges .....?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Pro

Steeler here is one thing I have noticed with taking your sliders from IQ and putting them into Custom. The game will play differently and you will be back to the same old crap you were dealing with before using IQ. After about 15 games I tried a few using custom and moving my IQ sliders over. Well the game played nothing like it did when using the IQ with those same sliders. Its almost like EA programmed this game to play only using the IQ and MySkill setting. So my suggestion is this, forget tweaking sliders and moving over your MySkill slider settings to custom. Just leave it on MySkill and play this game till Madden 2010 comes out because this will give you the most fun and enjoyment.

Here is some of the beatings I have taken from the CPU.

Patriots 34
Chiefs 14

Saints 38
Bucs 24

Eagles 34
Rams 10

Cowboys 45
Browns 21
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #15
Banned

I have to admit, the game does feel different using IQ. Hard to say exactly what it is, but I get the feeling the cpu better adjusts to my play during these games. Other things I've noticed are more realistic turnovers, more penalties called, very realistic sacks, and more than anything just a more realistic feel to the overall game.

Biggest thing I need to change for me to truly enjoy this game is CPU has somehow got to start running more effectively. If that could happen I think the game would be great because it would be much tougher to play D. Hopefully now that my "run D" has made it to all-madden level the cpu will begin to run a bit better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I have to admit, the game does feel different using IQ. Hard to say exactly what it is, but I get the feeling the cpu better adjusts to my play during these games. Other things I've noticed are more realistic turnovers, more penalties called, very realistic sacks, and more than anything just a more realistic feel to the overall game.

Biggest thing I need to change for me to truly enjoy this game is CPU has somehow got to start running more effectively. If that could happen I think the game would be great because it would be much tougher to play D. Hopefully now that my "run D" has made it to all-madden level the cpu will begin to run a bit better?
I even leave all my penalties at 50 and I see them all and at a good pace. As for the CPU running game after about 7 games or so the CPU started running very well on me so it should be getting there for you also. Once Rush D get up to 18-20 they will start tearing you up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »