Home

Old 08-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MySkill Talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Well if it's really broken is another question, but THX for the impression and the good explanation!
yeah i guess you could say its not broken per say but it really becomes apparent that the way that some of the player skill sliders fluctuate with the changing myskill really just doesnt feel right
Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I think getting all the sliders, even sub sliders as close to all-madden w/o being all-madden level.
I would use my skill for about 4-8 games, maybe pre-season or 4 play now games against a rival and the 4 pre-season games. Get around what you need(as far as how the CPU played close, ran realistically, etc) and adjust the sub-sliders from that point.

For ex.
1 guy says the closer the CPU run def gets to All-Madden the more fumbles they cause, well adjust the fumble slider back to an All-pro area.

Another ex.
from my own experience I forced Kurt Warner into like 4 ints in the demo, so it seems to me that INTS and maybe fumbles needs to decrease, so that can be fixed w/ the sub sliders.

Another guys says too many holding calls, adjust the holding slider

It really seems the perfect sliders are within the All-pro level, mayb just a few of them need to be tweaked.

I think once the IQ gets over 650(not sure, mayb less than 650) it starts to be All-Madden and All-Madden= CPU players attributes boosted to win most battles, dbs so aware they run the routes better than the WRs. Its just not realistic on All-Madden, its more arcadish imho.

So IQ helps get it tweaked to a good liking. I say go by the feel of the games. Once you get that close game w/ CPU not cheating to win and Human errors getting exposed(like the same PA Pass 4 times, or the same run, HUMAN habits being exposed really) but not w/ A.I. cheating to do it. Then keep that IQ and just fix the sub sliders from that point.
I'm really thinking of playing about 4 games PLAY NOW against the CPU and making it a rivalry game. Play the same team to get it to that just about right IQ level and then adjust sub sliders from there.
I just want the same sliders throughout the Franchise so I know its not the A.I. boosting to make it close games everytime.
So IQ works until you get to a certain point and it seems to overrate the CPU abilities to stop you.

I heard the sub-sliders work alot better on M10, is that true?

The more people that can record stats, ALL STATS! And give us the IQ going INTO that game. We could get some good sliders alot sooner. I'm game, anyone?

Last edited by dfos81; 08-12-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I like the idea behind MySkill as it replaces the need to constantly tweak sliders. In some ways, having the CPU adjust to your skill level makes sense. Say you're excellent at running the ball like the Giants or Vikings. Well, eventually there's going to be a game or two where their running game gets shut down by some team that cooks up a good scheme for that week. Same thing with a high-profile passing team.

Now, the opposite of that is if you stink at passing/running, the game shouldn't dumb down the AI to such an extent that you can complete 70% of your passes and throw for 4 TDs.

Hopefully there is a happy medium there.

FF, we've talked about MySkill and I will certainly post impressions here after I get the game tomorrow night.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
So IQ helps get it tweaked to a good liking. I say go by the feel of the games. Once you get that close game w/ CPU not cheating to win and Human errors getting exposed(like the same PA Pass 4 times, or the same run, HUMAN habits being exposed really) but not w/ A.I. cheating to do it. Then keep that IQ and just fix the sub sliders from that point.
I'm really thinking of playing about 4 games PLAY NOW against the CPU and making it a rivalry game. Play the same team to get it to that just about right IQ level and then adjust sub sliders from there.
I just want the same sliders throughout the Franchise so I know its not the A.I. boosting to make it close games everytime.
So IQ works until you get to a certain point and it seems to overrate the CPU abilities to stop you.
This is essentially what I did last year and it worked GREAT! Use myskill for roughly 10+ games and let myskill adjust your sliders based on your play. Once you have played enough games that you think it's close, switch off myskill and adjust sub-sliders only to tweak your settings to perfection (as close as possible anyway).
Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
This is essentially what I did last year and it worked GREAT! Use myskill for roughly 10+ games and let myskill adjust your sliders based on your play. Once you have played enough games that you think it's close, switch off myskill and adjust sub-sliders only to tweak your settings to perfection (as close as possible anyway).
Will MySkill give you the numbers for each slider so you can enter it into the custom setting?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Will MySkill give you the numbers for each slider so you can enter it into the custom setting?
I'm assuming it's unchanged from last year based on an earlier Ian post. If that's the case, MySkill only shows you the main slider settings, so you have to "guess" at the sub-slider settings.

You'll find that MySkill will get you very close to ideal settings but there are certain aspects that you will want to tweak in manually. Play 10+ games using MySkill, then transfer those main slider settings into a custom slider set. From there tweak only the sub-sliders until you feel they're just right. It's actually a fun process and in the end you'll have a great slider set for YOUR personal skill level.

Last year I found MySkill made far too dramatic adjustments for the HUM passing game. If I threw several INT's it dropped my passing difficulty way too low, thus making it easy for me to win all the time. Almost all of the MySkill games were close, but I almost always pulled out a win. This is why I say let MySkill get you close, but then tweak manually to finish sliders. That way you'll ensure sliders are left at a level that allows for good competitive games that are both challenging and fun (#1 priority for me).
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I would like to post my stats once i get the game. I'm playing on PS3, don't know if that makes a difference.

I did notice in the demo that ints happen too often, myskill moved up to the point that the cpu Qb was really flawless as well as the WRs. Basically the iq dummed down my pass def, made the D a step slower.

Turnovers really seem to make a big difference in the myskill. Cpu qb play vs. hum pass d being dummed down just b/c my lbers can catch anything they touch and I force 3-5 turnovers per game.

So I really wish we knew if MY SKILL adjusted the sub-sliders at all? I really think it just changes the main sliders but leaves the sub sliders for us to tweak w/.
So sub-sliders like ints need adjusted for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

Well, here is a similar discussion ongoing.

I will try to let mySkill adjust the categorys separatly.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-problems.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »