Home

Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Game Speed

iam loving it on slow. i will give very slow tonite.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

i am enjoying the game on very slow.
things i notice on very slow:
-a better flow to the game
-better more fluid animations
Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I used Very Slow last night and really enjoyed it. It didn't feel any different then Slow. I have my speed differential at 25 which may be a little too low for this speed, but am still trying to figure that out.
Based on my experience with any EA sports game I don't think having both game speed and player speed set to slow is the direction you want to go.

There is no 100 speed player in the game. The highest I saw was at 99 and the slowest guy was at 34.

That is a +65 advantage from the fastest player to slowest player. On the two fastest speeds you'd want this going in the opposite direction below 50 threshold because the players are already moving close to maximum speed.

But on the slowest speed you have to move the player speed threshold slider up about 15 clicks not down 25 clicks putting you at a threshold of about 65.

You still want players flying to the ball and looking like they are accelerating at their maximum speed.

This is the NFL and the players speed disparity isn't that huge between NFL as opposed to College. Everything happens faster and that's because players react quicker.

The benefit of playing on the slowest game speed means you'll see the animations look more natural and fluid. On the highest speed it'll render or try to simulate the actual speed of an NFL game better but the animations won't look as natural.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-14-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Based on my experience with any EA sports game I don't think having both game speed and player speed set to slow is the direction you want to go.

There is no 100 speed player in the game. The highest I saw was at 99 and the slowest guy was at 34.

That is a +65 advantage from the fastest player to slowest player. On the two fastest speeds you'd want this going in the opposite direction below 50 threshold because the players are already moving close to maximum speed.

But on the slowest speed you have to move the player speed threshold slider up about 15 clicks not down 25 clicks putting you at a threshold of about 65.

You still want players flying to the ball and looking like they are accelerating at their maximum speed.

This is the NFL and the players speed disparity isn't that huge between NFL as opposed to College. Everything happens faster and that's because players react quicker.

The benefit of playing on the slowest game speed means you'll see the animations look more natural and fluid. On the highest speed it'll render or try to simulate the actual speed of an NFL game better but the animations won't look as natural.
Interesting take, I will try this out later today. The animations are the best looking at the slower game speed. Had a nice run with Forte yesterday and in watching the replay it looked as close to real as I have seen in this game.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

i hear what you are saying, but this is under the assumption that the default of 50 is playing off of the actual player speed ratings and is not giving them a boost.

with the threshold slider at zero it feels more like it's playing off of the player ratings. the speed of the players feel really good at this setting, the separation and closing speeds seem to be just right.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
i hear what you are saying, but this is under the assumption that the default of 50 is playing off of the actual player speed ratings and is not giving them a boost.

with the threshold slider at zero it feels more like it's playing off of the player ratings. the speed of the players feel really good at this setting, the separation and closing speeds seem to be just right.
This is correct... If its any higher than 25 on any difficulty level, the players above 85-90 speed can barely seperate from a lineman... I keep my threshold always less than 20, i dont see much difference between 0-20.
WIZ
Old 08-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Threshold - 15, Game Speed - very slow. I love it.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
Threshold - 15, Game Speed - very slow. I love it.
I've got the game, but haven't had a chance to play yet (damn working for a living thing) ... what is the default threshold and game speed out of the box? Any specific complaints of default threshold and/or speed settings?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »