Home

PS2 Madden 10 sliders

This is a discussion on PS2 Madden 10 sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
PS2 Madden 10 sliders

Here is Kings 09 sliders & settings which I modified slightly for Madden 10. I got some good results with these and they can be used as a starting point. Be sure to get an extra contoller for the PS2 if you don't already have one (see below.)

All Pro
12 Minute Quarters
Accelerated Clock On

In Custom game options: enable Auto Strafe, as well as all assist options ON for both sides. This helps keep the defenders in proper pass defence technique.

All Penalties Maxed Except Holding at 9 and defensive pass interference at 8.

Hum / CPU

QB 10/10
PBK 3/3
CTH 11/11
RBA 10/10
RBK 10/10

DAWR 8/12
KND 4/4 (try 0/4 if you like to manually control your DB's)
INT 3/3
BBK 4/4
TCK 0/0

FGL 7/7
FGA 5/5
PTL 10/10
PTA 10/20
KOL 10/10

I use two profiles / controllers and set fatigue to 89 Out 94 IN for both the CPU team and my team. The fatigue thing is big, because not only does it make 'tired' players play 'tired' but when you're mounting a long drive (or defending one) you can end up facing a couple second team players by the time you reach the red zone...you have to know who's out there and exploit the miss matches. Same thing on D, you have to rotate some fresh horses in there, or you'll have the wrong guys defending your endzone in critical situations...

As far as the fumbles go, in Madden 09 it was a 'feast or famine' thing...games either had none or a handful...bad weather made for a bunch, usually...

Last edited by swaldo; 08-16-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
MVP

swaldo's Arena

Re: PS2 Madden 10 sliders

Here is the franchise fix from 09 which may work for 10 as well. It fixes too many carries for the HBs, none for the backups unless there's an injury and too few pass attempts. It has been confirmed this is still an issue in Madden 10.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sim-stats.html

REGARDING PANCAKES (copied from Kings post in another thread).......

I tried to look up some franchise stats from previous years, to no avail...

From memory, I recall the Pro Bowl OL guys hitting 55-65 for the season..

In a single game (Madden 09) I'd usually see 2-3 guys in the five range, 2-3 with two or three and a few guys with one for both teams...

So, high teens to low twenties per side?

Depends on who you use, but that's a decent estimate...

I'd also track passes defended...if you have DBs swatting down passes in the low twenties (per season), they're also going to the Pro Bowl, and if they shouldn't be there, it means the D AWR is too high...

If nothing at all is getting knocked down, it's too low...
I'd like to be able to be more precise, but I need to get my hands on the game first!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

King's sliders worked very well with 09, I'm sure with the small tweaks you've made, they'll do well for you with Madden 10.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I think I eventually bumped the KND slider for HUM up to 2-3...

Not sure about this years version, but at anything higher than that setting, I was sending nickle corners from the Lions and the 49ers to the Pro Bowl, because thay were getting around 20 passed defended...

The INT slider and the KND slider affect how the defence plays the pass...

I found at higher INT settings, the LBs (especially) never dropped any potential picks...that setting made them play close, but not urealistically close...

It's a balancing act between the AWR, KND, INT and the opposing teams PBK, to make the passing game on D work correctly...

I plsy as the RDT and when the pass goes up, I "switch and swat" with the closest DB, so I also tend to use a lower setting, because I got kinda good at that...has a lot of user knockdowns, etc...

Hope this helps clarify...

Nice to see the sliders and sim engine fixes can still help make the game play properly w/o having to spend half the season coming up with something that works...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

swaldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Nice to see the sliders and sim engine fixes can still help make the game play properly w/o having to spend half the season coming up with something that works...
Exactly, I get so confused looking at the PS3 sliders threads and it will take awhile for a set to come out that alot of poeple will like. WIth the PS2 you just jump right in.

Also, regarding KND - I was referring to DL's batting the ball at the line of scrimmage. If that slider is for DB's swatting balls your slider setting makes sense. Does it also effect defensive linemen? I've seen a couple batted balls by DL's but that's it. Not really looking for more though, I'd rather have the DB play iron tight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
MVP

swaldo's Arena

I updated the sliders in my first post above - will try the INT at 3/3 after hearing kings feedback regarding that.

Also noted KND should be set to 4/4 unless you are manually controlling DB's.

Also King - can you elaborate on the big diff between hum/cpu DAWR? Was that also set to the way you personally played?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Exactly, I get so confused looking at the PS3 sliders threads and it will take awhile for a set to come out that alot of poeple will like. WIth the PS2 you just jump right in.

Also, regarding KND - I was referring to DL's batting the ball at the line of scrimmage. If that slider is for DB's swatting balls your slider setting makes sense. Does it also effect defensive linemen? I've seen a couple batted balls by DL's but that's it. Not really looking for more though, I'd rather have the DB play iron tight.
The was an ongoing debate for years about the ture function of the KND slider...a few years back it was thought to be (and might actually have been, I don't recall exactly) the slider that affects the DL batting the ball down at the LOS...

I know for a fact, that for the past few years (at least) it has to do with the effectiveness of the DBs swatting down passes...it also affects how 'smart' and 'athletic' they are in pass coverage...

It might affect the DL, and it does affect LBs in coverage, so it's important to not jack it up too much or the LBs all become "Super Urlachers"...

You also need to make sure that in your Custom Game section (where you set sub percentages) you enable Auto Strafe, as well as all assist options ON for both sides...this helps keep the defenders in proper pass defence technique...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-14-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I updated the sliders in my first post above - will try the INT at 3/3 after hearing kings feedback regarding that.

Also noted KND should be set to 4/4 unless you are manually controlling DB's.

Also King - can you elaborate on the big diff between hum/cpu DAWR? Was that also set to the way you personally played?
The DAWR setting was arrived at because it was the setting that I found had a balance of the pertainent stats for both sides...TFL, PD, sacks...

I think the programmers make the game pretty neutral, but if you call a good game, use playmaker D (to commit to the pass on obvious passing downs) and use a lot of the available shifts with the DL as well as bump and run coverages, fake the safety blitz etc. you'll find at 10 AWR an average D will be as good as the top teams...

On O, you have line shifts, hot routes, playmaker shifts,etc...I found that at default. there were usually 2-3 recievers open and only one at 12...also only one hole to hit when running and not very long to find it!

Also their blitzes are more effective...Steelers, Ravens Eagles are scary and should be...

Lastly, you have to take into account that I've played this title a lot every year since 2001. and I've been really active in the slider talk and sim engine fixes regarding those things for years, so I've had TOO MUCH PRACTICE, gettng the game to be a s 'sim' as possible...if you're picking it up again after a few years off, you'll probbably get a lot out of taking a poor team and building it up as your skills improve over a few seasons...

Lastly, if anyone is crazy enough to want to imerse yourself in a few years of slider talk on this subject, here's a link:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

A lot of guys with different skill sets and playing stlyes all found that some version of the slider set we're still looking at now, worked for them too...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »