Home

pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero....

This is a discussion on pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero....

I just played a game with the only change that I made was putting the threshold down to 0 from 35, Bears (me) v. Steelers, and I had one huge problem.... Hester returned 4 kickoffs for TDs out of six attempts. Previous to this I had one return with Hester for a TD in five games. I want to keep it at 0 but it appears Hester will break the career records for return TDs in one season. I am going to try it at 25 I guess and see how that goes.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i have been playing like this since friday, now i am noticing the flats are completely open at least twice every drive.

fast TE can get an auto 10 yds on out patterns.

its great for Wr/Db play also fast backs get too much room on the sidelines because the LB react even slower than the Db's who we are trying to slow down...

thats my biggest gripe with madden i cant find a balcane as yet, i have beautiful ncaa sliders,

i think madden's problem is that we dont get the " all madden" modifiers anymore making the game harder...

as soon as you edit a slider the difficulty goes to "custom" which does not seem as aggressive as all madden

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
How is threashold at 0? I had the game about a week and I actually bumped up to 55 because I felt like I was getting way to many breakaways with my faster players like Harrison for the Browns. I felt bumping up would give a little more parody because everyone in the NFL is pretty fast but since I only bumped a notch it isn't super drastic.
You are correct man....

I think some of these guys are ignoring the overall speed of NFL players. In fact the ratings only show a +65 ratings advantage from the fastest player (99) to the slowest player (34) in the game.

If you drop the threshold down to zero your actually increasing the seperation more than the actual overall speed ratings assigned to the players dictate. That's most likely the reason why people see so many big plays because they are causing a wider gap in speed between the players and they forget this is the NFL not College Football.

I love the animations on the slower game speed and that is what the game speed slider controls. It all depends on personal preferance but if your truly observing the rosters and the speed ratings assigned to the players then the threshold shouldn't be at 0 unless your playing on the fastest game speed slider.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

so what you guy saying is that putting this at 0 makes the game more realistic?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »