Home

Sliders that take into account Player ratings

This is a discussion on Sliders that take into account Player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Sliders that take into account Player ratings

Would you say these sliders are more realistic than your original sliders in your slider thread? Have you played games with these ratings sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I finished up the offense and defense ratings

The last ratings ended up this way.

For Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction the CPU overall avg was (97.4)but I rounded down 95. That was compromised again of the highest rated players at every defensive posistion in Awareness and Play Recognition.

INT avg out to 23 for the lowest rated players on defense for catch ratings. I rounded down to 20

I will do special teams and fatigue this evening after work. The main reason why the CPU got the highest avg in Reaction time is because that is the glue behind their defense. I don't try to take the fun out the game but I consider myself an above player and for me the CPU has to be able react and adjust in order for me to enjoy the game.

Out of the box the Human controlled CPU players always seem to have huge advantage over the AI players and I think it's because EA doesn't spend enough time on game play. So they give us sliders to manipulate.

Anyway I strayed just a little on the overall avg and and either increased the actual rating or decreased it depending on how I felt it would respond during game play. I've only played on Normal so far and will alter the ratings just a little on the other speeds because i noticed last night some settings don't react the same mainly on the slower speed levels.

As it stands right now the avg's came out this way in a slider format

pass offense
15/15......Rounded down from 17.8
75/75......Rounded up from 67.8 and gave an additional 5 pt's to adjust to the Pass Rush speed on Normal
35/35......rounded up from 34

run offense
30/30.........rounded down from 31.0 avg
100/100......lowest avg was actually 63.8 for all posistions. But both sides needed the shot in the arm for run blk so i utilized the OL only which was at around 96 avg and i just rounded up
45/45.........avg out to 49.1 but i had to round down because of the slider value overall 175 between the 3 running sliders

pass defense
5/95...........avg for lowest players was 30 but i strayed becuse of the qba slider being low. if it was up high then human would get the 30 avg and cpu keeps the 95 avg from the highest rated defenders at each position
20/20...........again this was avg out to be 23 and with the extra protection in the passing the game it felt pretty good not a lot picks so far
100/35.........human got highest overall from each posistion for obvious reasons. CPU got the lowest which actually was at 31.3 but i rounded up for them to make it fair in the overall slider value

run defense
0/95.....same as Pass reaction slider was rated
30/30....avg was at 34 but i rounded down to help both sides get enough running room
45/45....this was very surprising and both sides got the avg of the lowest rated players on defense.

If you have questions about ratings I'll answer but all slider stats should go in my slider thread.

Again I will do ratings avg for special teams and fatigue this evening
How would you adjust this for SLOW speed, or VERY SLOW?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjordan
How would you adjust this for SLOW speed, or VERY SLOW?
Agreed. I would like to see the SLOW adjustments myself. You have this figured out as these are close to the adjustments I have been using in practice mode and results have been very realistic.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #28
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Ok the avg Block Shed rating was 34 (I will round down to 30)

The avg Fumble rating which was the carry ratings of RB's, FB's, WR's, Te's and QB's was 49 ( Rounded up to 50)

That is damn scary because it's the Default setting and i Have it at 50 right now.

Game Speed was based on the next level up for each speed rating starting with the slowest guy at 34

If I'm right then 34 is for Very Slow, 40 is for Slow, 50 is for Normal, 60 is for Fast and 70 is for Very fast.

You'll notice the gap from Very Slow to Slow isn't that great +6 increase. It also doesn't surprise me that Normal hit the exact setting it is for default speed 50. Normal is also like a middle ground for game speed and 50 is right smack in the middle on a 100 point scale.

I haven't checked the other sliders yet but it will be intersting to see where people have their speed settings and how they compare to the ratings avg
I like your work PM,
I was thinking exactly what you put into words, thanks

I also belive if you wanted the most realistic gameplay, every team you face should have a different overall slider setup.
What makes this so awesome this year compared to 09, is the CPU sliders can be adjusted while playing your franchise.

So you could actually set your sliders for the CPU for each team before you play them and base it off the same standards you've posted here.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
That is incredible stuff. Where did you get your PhD in Sliderology? Can't wait for what you come up with.

LOL, he has cracked the case of EA MADDEN SLIDERS!

I was thinking everything is based on a scale from 0-100, so sliders should be the same way. Only way to get the right sliders, is by getting the right player rating avgs for those sliders.

I'm intrigued to see what happens when I use this same formula for setting each CPU teams sliders before I play them. Mine will be based more off my teams ratings. It will be like scouting my opps. strengths and weaknesses and making sure sliders are just right for that team.
I can't wait to actually have a challenge making the playoffs w/ the SKins!

Great work PM,

W/ that Im off to enjoy M10 at its best!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
I finished up the offense and defense ratings

The last ratings ended up this way.

For Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction the CPU overall avg was (97.4)but I rounded down 95. That was compromised again of the highest rated players at every defensive posistion in Awareness and Play Recognition.

INT avg out to 23 for the lowest rated players on defense for catch ratings. I rounded down to 20

I will do special teams and fatigue this evening after work. The main reason why the CPU got the highest avg in Reaction time is because that is the glue behind their defense. I don't try to take the fun out the game but I consider myself an above player and for me the CPU has to be able react and adjust in order for me to enjoy the game.

Out of the box the Human controlled CPU players always seem to have huge advantage over the AI players and I think it's because EA doesn't spend enough time on game play. So they give us sliders to manipulate.

Anyway I strayed just a little on the overall avg and and either increased the actual rating or decreased it depending on how I felt it would respond during game play. I've only played on Normal so far and will alter the ratings just a little on the other speeds because i noticed last night some settings don't react the same mainly on the slower speed levels.

As it stands right now the avg's came out this way in a slider format

pass offense
15/15......Rounded down from 17.8
75/75......Rounded up from 67.8 and gave an additional 5 pt's to adjust to the Pass Rush speed on Normal
35/35......rounded up from 34

run offense
30/30.........rounded down from 31.0 avg
100/100......lowest avg was actually 63.8 for all posistions. But both sides needed the shot in the arm for run blk so i utilized the OL only which was at around 96 avg and i just rounded up
45/45.........avg out to 49.1 but i had to round down because of the slider value overall 175 between the 3 running sliders

pass defense
5/95...........avg for lowest players was 30 but i strayed becuse of the qba slider being low. if it was up high then human would get the 30 avg and cpu keeps the 95 avg from the highest rated defenders at each position
20/20...........again this was avg out to be 23 and with the extra protection in the passing the game it felt pretty good not a lot picks so far
100/35.........human got highest overall from each posistion for obvious reasons. CPU got the lowest which actually was at 31.3 but i rounded up for them to make it fair in the overall slider value

run defense
0/95.....same as Pass reaction slider was rated
30/30....avg was at 34 but i rounded down to help both sides get enough running room
45/45....this was very surprising and both sides got the avg of the lowest rated players on defense.

If you have questions about ratings I'll answer but all slider stats should go in my slider thread.

Again I will do ratings avg for special teams and fatigue this evening
Only thing that seems off to me is w/ the qba 15 and the cpu's pass d rea. time at 95? I would be lucky to complete a pass w/ Jason Campbell.
I understand this is just a base, so I can tweak it to my skills and teams ratings.
Just be prepared to feel like a rookie qb w/ 50 overall rating w/ this base set.

I would suggest raising qba for both hum/cpu and lowering pass d rea time for cpu, and raising hum pass d reat time.

I'll check out the sliders thread to see what kind of games guys are having before I jump to conclusions though.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #31
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Only thing that seems off to me is w/ the qba 15 and the cpu's pass d rea. time at 95? I would be lucky to complete a pass w/ Jason Campbell.
I understand this is just a base, so I can tweak it to my skills and teams ratings.
Just be prepared to feel like a rookie qb w/ 50 overall rating w/ this base set.

I would suggest raising qba for both hum/cpu and lowering pass d rea time for cpu, and raising hum pass d reat time.

I'll check out the sliders thread to see what kind of games guys are having before I jump to conclusions though.
It's actually not that bad. I'm able to complete passes with Kyle Orton and that was with the reaction time at 100. Now with a QBA of 10 I couldn't get the ball anywhere near the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #32
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

So for the Threshold (or speed) slider you're saying the slower the game speed, the lower the number needs to be, correct?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »