Home

**SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders**

This is a discussion on **SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: **SteelerSpartan's Custom Madden 10 Sliders**

You seem to be able to get a decent amount of sacks per game. Are you user controlling the guys who get the sacks or, is the CPU getting them? Also, are you all out blitzing, coverage sacks, or just a good pass rush?

Those are my first priority on deciding sliders now.

Also, are you diving at the QB, or are the sacks just happening?

Last edited by LHSLax_D24; 11-03-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
You seem to be able to get a decent amount of sacks per game. Are you user controlling the guys who get the sacks or, is the CPU getting them? Also, are you all out blitzing, coverage sacks, or just a good pass rush?

Those are my first priority on deciding sliders now.

Also, are you diving at the QB, or are the sacks just happening?
I can only tell ya what works for me in regards to the passing game

*I run a lot of cover 2-3 zones with with one of my OLBs(being the beasts that they are) hot routed to Blitz at the line of scrimmage

*Wait for the O formation to pop up before selecting a play.....Bad news for you if ya got Wr's on Linebackers.......Its big reason why I don't like playing teams like the Saints,Cards, Pats with 4-5 WR sets.......they force me to run nickle/dime/Qrts all the time....taking away from my Ds strength....though I guess thats realistic

*Make sure you got some good audibles.....To counter the Psychic cpu play calling....Come out in a pass D and audible to a good run blitz and the opposite on passing plays every now and then

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I can only tell ya what works for me in regards to the passing game

*I run a lot of cover 2-3 zones with with one of my OLBs(being the beasts that they are) hot routed to Blitz at the line of scrimmage

*Wait for the O formation to pop up before selecting a play.....Bad news for you if ya got Wr's on Linebackers.......Its big reason why I don't like playing teams like the Saints,Cards, Pats with 4-5 WR sets.......they force me to run nickle/dime/Qrts all the time....taking away from my Ds strength....though I guess thats realistic

*Make sure you got some good audibles.....To counter the Psychic cpu play calling....Come out in a pass D and audible to a good run blitz and the opposite on passing plays every now and then
I usually play Cover 2 or Cover 3, but then you say you would always blitz a LB. I'm not following your next step though, do you car to explain? Sorry for the confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

I made some tweaks for Normal Speed setting,(Again thanks to all theories in the Breaking down Sliders Thread)

UPDATE: 11/3/09

Heres what I got:

Qrt Length: 12 Mins, 15 Sec Acc Clock
Injuries/Fatigue: 40/60 (Use what works for you)
Game Speed: normal
Threshold: 40
Fight For Fumble: Off(But it doesn't matter)

Penalties:

Offsides: 90
False Start:90
Holding: 52
Facemask:52
Clipping: 65

Everything else 95-100(Some think you get more called on 95)

User/Cpu

Passing
25/5
1/0
40/60

Rushing
1/50
0/100
15/50

( I wanted less fumbles so people could really go to town on those break out moves with Right Stick,Spin,Stiff Arm....so it would feel like you were "Fighting for every Yard"...you'll still see the fumbles, Mendenhall especially for me puts it on the ground)

Pass Defense
0/0
5/5
70/70

Rush Defense
25/100
23/100
35/11

ST

******Notes*********

With these I wanted a little more over/under throws. Now if you can create a messy pocket the Qbs should miss fire every now and again

Still kinda testing that 40 thresh, might make the running game too easy,but nothing too crazy yet

My CFB Teams:

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
I usually play Cover 2 or Cover 3, but then you say you would always blitz a LB. I'm not following your next step though, do you car to explain? Sorry for the confusion.
Sure, I'll select a base 3-4 form cover 2-3, then before the CPU QB snaps the ball I'll either take Harrison or Woodley, press A and flick down on the right stick to hot route him to blitz....so I usually have 4 guys attacking the Qb

My CFB Teams:

Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Sure, I'll select a base 3-4 form cover 2-3, then before the CPU QB snaps the ball I'll either take Harrison or Woodley, press A and flick down on the right stick to hot route him to blitz....so I usually have 4 guys attacking the Qb
Yeah, I understand. I just did not get what you meant by waiting for the lineman to pop up. Do you user a pass rusher, or would you play as Farrior or Polumalu?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #15
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I understand. I just did not get what you meant by waiting for the lineman to pop up. Do you user a pass rusher, or would you play as Farrior or Polumalu?
On the play call screen it'll tell you what formation the other team is in, if its more then 3 wrs then I'll have to get a dime or nickle, thus my frustration with the saints, cards, pats....because I can do the most damage with my base 3-4

I usually play the DE's, but will roam with Clark/Troy P on zone blitzes

My CFB Teams:

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »