Home

My new approach to sliders

This is a discussion on My new approach to sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
My new approach to sliders

So, I've been fooling with the sliders since this game came out, never really getting it right. I have developed my own sliders based on some work by Holycrap and CJallure, but then when Playmakers came out with his, I HAD to try those. Both sets are very different, but both are fun, but to be honest, I'm SICK of having a new slider set every game. So I came up with an idea.

I'm going to run 2 parallel franchises. One with my slider set and one with Playmakers. I'm going to play an entire season with both sets, not changing them at all. Then I'll look at the stats after the season, see if one gives more realistic stats than the other, and also take into account how the game feels.

My question is this: how do you decide what slider set works for you, and what criteria do you use to determine that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: My new approach to sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by doseyclwn
So, I've been fooling with the sliders since this game came out, never really getting it right. I have developed my own sliders based on some work by Holycrap and CJallure, but then when Playmakers came out with his, I HAD to try those. Both sets are very different, but both are fun, but to be honest, I'm SICK of having a new slider set every game. So I came up with an idea.

I'm going to run 2 parallel franchises. One with my slider set and one with Playmakers. I'm going to play an entire season with both sets, not changing them at all. Then I'll look at the stats after the season, see if one gives more realistic stats than the other, and also take into account how the game feels.

My question is this: how do you decide what slider set works for you, and what criteria do you use to determine that?
take one and try it
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: My new approach to sliders

I always just look at what I'm horrible at, what the cpu is too good at, or what stats are unrealistic. I think that you should have to run the ball a minimum of 15-25 times a game to hit 100+ yards depending on who your back is. I got a buddy that has his set to where Chris Johnson gets almost 300 yds a game while wanting to pass for 400. That's crazy. I want my stats as close to real life as possible, without the game being a cake walk and winning every game. I want those tough fought wins, and those close heartbreaking losses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »