Home

Offline Franchise FAQ and Strategies

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise FAQ and Strategies within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Offline Franchise FAQ and Strategies

Btw, I dropped all 3-4 teams DE "priority" sliders down to 50, and their DT PRI slider down to 60.

My biggest problem right now is that even with the DE PRI slider down/set to RS, and the OLB PRI @ 100/set to COV, I am not seeing as many team sacks as I would like. The majority of sacks are still going to the OLB's, but they are lower totals, usually >10 for the leader(s). 4-3 teams don't really have this problem.

Another weird thing that I have noticed is a high number of CB sacks. On some teams their will be CB's and Safety's leading the team in sacks for the season. I have tried to combat this by setting all CB PRI to 80 and then setting them to "COV" style, and then 70 PRI/COV for FS and 70 PRI/MID for SS. It has helped a little bit, but not as much as I would like. These aren't final, I was just seeing if it would make a difference.

Last edited by tarantism; 09-03-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Are you talking about the defensive or offensive? because, yeah, if I set all teams to 100 pass on offense then yeah, their passing numbers are huge. But I was talking about defense. Not trying to get on your case, just trying to clear up what you meant.
Yeah I am the one confused LoL

Yeah I was thinking OFF Run vs. Pass My Bad

Good numbers so far very interesting stuff u got posted
Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Btw, I dropped all 3-4 teams DE "priority" sliders down to 50, and their DT PRI slider down to 60.

My biggest problem right now is that even with the DE PRI slider down/set to RS, and the OLB PRI @ 100/set to COV, I am not seeing as many team sacks as I would like. The majority of sacks are still going to the OLB's, but they are lower totals, usually >10 for the leader(s). 4-3 teams don't really have this problem.

Another weird thing that I have noticed is a high number of CB sacks. On some teams their will be CB's and Safety's leading the team in sacks for the season. I have tried to combat this by setting all CB PRI to 80 and then setting them to "COV" style, and then 70 PRI/COV for FS and 70 PRI/MID for SS. It has helped a little bit, but not as much as I would like. These aren't final, I was just seeing if it would make a difference.
The "priority" sliders your talking about are for that team's draft philosophy. The way I understand it, they have nothing to do with gameplay ...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:19 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
The "priority" sliders your talking about are for that team's draft philosophy. The way I understand it, they have nothing to do with gameplay ...
No disrespect but do u have article or official website describing this.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah we need offical website to descripbe that!
Come on ,share the information!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 11

I took this info from other places...and it by no way definitively shows that I am right...but it is why I am testing what I am testing:

Quote:
Here's my take.. the run/pass conservative/aggresive slider only deals with if you sim the game or have the cpu play the game for you its how your team will call plays...

The others though you are telling the computer how much power of the processor to devote to those positions.. so if you always play the QB might as well lower it down.. same for RB... Now raise up those receivers and the cb's.. take down the k/p you use them yourself anyway....
and Taken from OS:

Quote:
1. I changed them at the beginning(preseason), just in case it affects the simmed stats and I don't wanna change them every game.
You could go through and adjust philosophies throughout since your controlling all teams.
That would be cool to do for playoffs or after a team loses a big time player, coaches will adjust philosophies in certain situations, so you could do either/or.

2. The philosophies won't change, unless you do it.

These are based on my 1st few slider sets. I read all the feedback and guys were having much better (defensive games) w/ these updates on pg. 1.

Hope this helps, thanks for any feedback.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 12

I did a TON of test on how to make OLBs get higher sacks and after trying practically every combination that could pop in my head I found this to be the best setting:

60 on aggressiveness
100 Run commit for both the DE, NT and OLB
100 Pass commit for the ILBs

Still this is mostly hit or miss but usually the OLBs lead in sacks and some reach 10+ sacks.

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #32
Banned

No where in that above statement addresses the main concern

Is an official description of what sliders u are talking about.

A picture maybe. We are talking about Options>Coaching Schemes

Run vs. Pass % for OFF and AGR for DEF. the above states nothing

of these sorts you must be confusing Off-Season with Off-Line

maybe?

This pertains to the previous post not Oblesik's post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »