Home

Zero Custom HUM/CPU FRANCHISE SLIDERS! by: dfos81

This is a discussion on Zero Custom HUM/CPU FRANCHISE SLIDERS! by: dfos81 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #33
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Zero Custom HUM/CPU FRANCHISE SLIDERS! by: dfos81

Yeap, i didnt ser the problem here. Im still going yo stock with 0 both sides.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #34
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Curious why did you update HUM Pass rush to 25 from 0? People weren't getting enough sacks? I had quite a few on zero from the CPU. By the way, great sliders.
I raised the hum pass blk b/c the cpu was getting pressure consistently w/o blitzing and lower rated cpu players making higher rated O-line look stupid. I know if you just want the cpu to really be tuff against the pass, lower that pass blk slider. It works!

As far as sacks, guys were having trouble producing sacks(human side), and that was fixed w/ pass rush raised. The Cpu's pressure was a bit too crazy w/ hum pass blk at 0, so no change to cpu's pass rush.

You could either leave pass blk at 0 and lower the cpu pass rush by 15 or more clicks, or you could raise the hum pass blk. I raised the hum pass blk.

With hum pass blk at 25, that may be too high. I may lower that but the Cpu still sacks me.

This is my most recent game Skin(Me) v. Pats, it was preseason, so 1st half is really the most important. I played smart and didn't blitz like crazy. I was using the bend but don't break calling plays to keep everything underneath, cover 4 and cvr 3.

Laron Landry forced a fumble on Wes Welker(after Welker's 3rd catch of the drive, I highlighted Welker). It was a momentum breaker for the Pats. Brady still got his yds but not w/ big plays, just underneath stuff.

He threw his 2nd td right before the half(Very Brady like drive to finish the half w/ a td pass). Randy Moss had 4 or 5 ctches, but nothing deep. Which was b/c I was playing the deep plays. So they did what was given and would've had some momentum scoring right before the half. Thankfully it was preseason, so they didn't get that chance to heat up.

I was up 17-14 at the half Brady had 2td 1int. 239pass yds, 0 sacks on Brady(when the backups came in the passing games struggled and I ended up 6 sacks all in the 2nd half).

Final 20(me)-14

Cpu 4 sacks(Adalius Thomas had 3, 2 coming in 2nd half against my scrubs).

hum 6( guys like Jeremy Jarmon showed up w/ a sack and I controlled the Dt and had a sack w/ each one the 2nd half. It seemed alot easier brking blks against the backups, which is cool). I blitzed alot more against the backup qb, he couldn't get a get going at all.

Portis had 32yds at half w/ 4.0 avg. I finished w/ 79rushing yds for the game, understandable being that the backup O-lineman can't do crap and get holding called on them alot more than the starters do.

End of Game

Final scores really don't matter b/c it was preseason but it was still low scoring the 2nd half(w/ 1fg from Skins the 2nd half).

Pats
273 yds passing, (Brady 239yds 2tds, 1int, 62%, 8.8avg.)
73 rushing ( F. Taylor 9 car 28yds 3.0avg, S. Morris 6 car 22, 3.6avg.)
8 penalties for 87yds(mainly backups got penalized)
62 plays

Skins
235 passing (Campbell 159yds, 1td 0ints, 65%, 7.9avg
79 rushing (Portis 1st half 8 car 32yds, 4.0 avg)
9 penalties 95yds(again backups had about 6 of them)
56 plays

T.O.P. Pats 26:18
Skins 29:42

These may not be difficult enough for some. If you want your offense to struggle more, just drop the Hum pass blking and that will make offense much harder!

Just seeing the vast difference between Tom Brady and his backup qb. The backup qb(O'connel) was running out of the pocket b/c the pressure was getting to him and ended up w/ 4 car. w/ 23yds and 5.3avg rushing.
The backup had only 4.5 pass avg. w/ 68yds and finished w/ a qb rating of 59.9, compared to Brady 8.8avg w/ 100.5 rating the 1st half.
It was like night a day, so the player ratings really play a factor, like they should.

Last edited by dfos81; 08-25-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #35
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Btw, Im testing your 1st set but I set break tackle at 0 any higher and I find running too easy.
For some reason at 0 cathibg is harder fir the Hunan than the CPU
also for some weird reason I'm not seeing any overthrow by the CPU
this is really weird since acc and cathching is really low.
You must be a very good runner w/ 0 brk tackles. I may break 3 game w/ 50.

I raised the Wr ctch for the hum 45 and cpu 42 and now you'll see about 2 or 3 drops per game w/ perfect weather, not sure about bad weather yet.

Yes qb acc is really on point at 18. Thanks to PM's work!

Really WR ctch plays a big part in how well the pass comp % is.

The higher the WR ctch, the easier and more seperation WR's get so thats why I don't want this above 50, its too much offense. 40-45 range is about right, just watching the dbs and Wrs fight a lil longer seems better to me.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by dfos81; 08-25-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

You had 10 sacks in a pre-season game. The average in the NFL is 4.5 sacks a game... Can you fix this or was it an exception? I like your sliders!
NBA: CHICAGO BULLS
NCAA: TEXAS LONGHORNS
FIFA: THE NETHERLANDS
UEFA:
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM, REAL MADRID
Old 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #37
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul76
You had 10 sacks in a pre-season game. The average in the NFL is 4.5 sacks a game... Can you fix this or was it an exception? I like your sliders!

I would lower pass rush for hum to about 80 from 95. The best number for pass rush may be somewhere in between 80-95(really depends on which defenders you like to use, secondary or Lineman?)

Only reason it was raised is b/c guys were having trouble getting pressure(mainly the ones that use a secondary player like the Safety). Pass rush fixes that. Cpu's seems good but if you want more pressure from cpu, then lower pass blk 10-15.

These are really a base and w/ only a few tweaks you will have it the way you want it. Its never going to be perfect for all players, but after plugging these numbers in, you'll notice just a few things that may need tweaked, to get it to your liking. Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by dfos81; 08-25-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Playing on the adjusted set, first preseason game.

NORTH CARONLINA PANTHERS(me) v. NEW YORK GIANTS

These are FIRST half stats.

CAR 17 - NY 7

Passing:
Delhomme 10/14, 140 yds. %71
Manning 8/14, 165 yds. %57

Rushing:
D. Williams 61 yds, 14 ATT, 4.3 AVG
J. Steward 5 yds, 5 ATT, 1.6 AVG
B. Hoover 3 yds, 2 ATT, 1.5 AVG

B. Jacobs 27 yds, 6 ATT, 4.5 AVG

Receiving:
(Leaders)
J. King 54 yds, 4 REC, 13.5 AVG, 7 YAC
H. Nicks 69 yds, 4 REC, 17.2 AVG, 15 YAC

Defense: (There has been 2 sacks, no interceptions and Antonio Pierce leads with 5 tackles.)

Time of Possession:
CAR: 21:01
NY: 6:59

Analysis (First Half): Game has played good, compared to the base slider set, running has slowed down for me and the CPU is doing alright. Based only on the first half, sacks are down and the only wide open catch I've seen is Hixon's 74yd TD reception.

Hopefully in the second half, the QB comparison will show with alot worst accuracy. The QBs seemed too sharp in the adjust set, rather than the original base.

I'll post the second half upon completition.

Last edited by CBMerling; 08-25-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

amazing base of sliders. i tried fooling around with zero sliders last week but couldnt get it down right....so a big thanks for this.

I just been having a real tough time passing. Im using the Texans and Im going like 14/34 1 TD, 3 INT every game with Schaub. Dre cant get any separation. My downfield passing game is non existent.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

I posted the first half stats earlier, here are the full game stats.

NORTH CARONLINA PANTHERS(me) v. NEW YORK GIANTS

These are FIRST half stats.

CAR 34 - NY 14

Passing:
Delhomme 10/14, 140 yds. %71
Manning 8/14, 165 yds. %57
Carr 9/19, 99 yds, %47
McCown 5/7 45 yds, %71

Rushing:
D. Williams 85 yds, 17 ATT, 5.0 AVG
J. Stewart 83 yds, 21 ATT, 3.9 AVG
B. Hoover 3 yds, 2 ATT, 1.5 AVG

B. Jacobs 27 yds, 6 ATT, 4.5 AVG
A. Bradshaw 98 yds, 6 ATT, 16.3 AVG (He made a long run.)

Receiving:
(Leaders)
D. Williams 53 yds, 3 REC, 17.6 AVG, 22 YAC, 1 TD
D. Hixon 74 yds, 1 REC, 74.0 AVG, 52 YAC, 1 TD

Defense: (There has been 5 sacks, 2 interceptions and Antonio Pierce leads with 5 tackles.)

Final Game Analysis: Game was great, I enjoy these sliders. Score was high, not because of my offense. Giants ran alot of 4th down conversions in the last quarter and left me when great field position.

I think the running needs to be towned down some more on both sides and passing shouldn't be AS proficient. Then I think the game would run perfect, in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »