Home

Please, EA, officially comment on the function of sliders

This is a discussion on Please, EA, officially comment on the function of sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Please, EA, officially comment on the function of sliders

The function of sliders is to keep you busy for half the NFL season while EA figures out what to fix and how to fix it. Once that's been achieved, the sliders are then modified to change your game experience. The result is, a working title of Madden.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

ive tried a few sliders,thinking im going back to default.i just wanna play not doctor the game.Takes the fun out of it all...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
ive tried a few sliders,thinking im going back to default.i just wanna play not doctor the game.Takes the fun out of it all...
Be patient, Bill Harris came up with some killer sliders. I've tested them out and they are dead on Sunday football.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
The function of sliders is to keep you busy for half the NFL season while EA figures out what to fix and how to fix it. Once that's been achieved, the sliders are then modified to change your game experience. The result is, a working title of Madden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
True and True

I feel like all I'm doing is "labbing" sliders and constantly asking myself "should that have happened"? Then I replay and check attributes to make sure. It feels a whole lot like two a days used to feel. Sure, its football but its not fun.

I also find it funny that people claim to "know" how the sliders work. They say it with certainty and they even include it in the titles of their self aggrandizing threads.

Yet, in the threads just beneath or above theirs, there is an equally believable and passionate explanation of how the sliders "really" work.

And, all the different threads have a handful of followers that confirm the "truth" of the OP's theories. There are tons of posts by the same guys over and over. This gives the illusion that hundreds have confirmed this particular slider set as being "the one", when in fact, its more like a handful of guys posting numerous times.

This is not to call out any single individual but it's to highlight the real problem: We really don't know.

Outside the game developers not a single person knows how each slider really functions or how each slider affects another or what level is the most "sim" or what level is "truest" to the player attributes.

I have both criticized and defended EA when appropriate and have always done so fairly.

Please, EA, release something, anything, that goes into real detail on how the sliders work.

In the meantime, we're relegated to hanging on the opinions of people who really don't know but claim to know. No offense to any of the slider guys (I have been a slider guy and I both appreciate and often benefit from their work) but the opinions are way to varied to have a concensus.

EA, long before the game was released we listened to Ian's impassioned vision on how the game would be improved. A few were skeptical but many, like me, believed him. We bought your game. We promote your game. We will continue to support your game as long as it improves, but...

Please, please, please end the guessing once and for all. Surely, you read all the slider speculation and I'm guessing you must be laughing at how varied the theories are and how wrong some are.

Correct them. Confirm them. Something, anything

Please
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's the same thing year after year. What is the point of expecting EA to make a sim football game when we all know it will not happen. These same threads pop up every year a new Madden is released. I don't expect a better football game until they scrap the entire system and rebuild. We all know that will not happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 21

I think EA absolutely must get on these boards and take care of this ridiculously unnecessary confusion.

It's almost as if they really don't want people to understand how the game actually works. unbelievable.

I'll never understand the shroud of mystery EA insists on keeping over the functionality of the game. It's not like they really have to worry about proprietary trade secrets since there is NO competition. The instruction booklet is nothing short of a pathetic joke, and the lack of description in-game as to the details of how the sliders and settings work is just sad. This isn't even considering controller layout in game being incomplete and innacurate.

Argggghhhh!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »