Home

why so many slider sets.......your all wrong

This is a discussion on why so many slider sets.......your all wrong within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: why so many slider sets.......your all wrong

Then why not put ALL sliders at 100.

I mean if you say sliders are a % of the player's ratings, then why not put human and CPU sliders at all 100? Wouldn't *that* be a ratings-only approach?

Otherwise, why should I be at "50%" while the AI is at "100%"? How is that the real NFL where one team plays at half its ability and the other plays at 100% of its ability for the whole game?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
no, they are wrong ......... the players act dumb and thats not what i want from a game....i want the players to act real.

i know people work hard on the sliders, but if you you look at the sliders most of the ones on this sight are all the same. that is waht is soooooo funny.
"Right" and "wrong" are subjective. You alone cannot say that all the slider sets here at OS are "wrong" and that versuz's sliders are "right." I play with dfos81's Zero sliders and get better games then I did with the Pro-100 sliders.

I can understand if you like the Pro-100 sliders, but there's no need to go around saying that all the other slider sets are wrong, much less make a new topic about it. There are already 3-4 topics about the Pro-100 slider set.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

yeah but i want too
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3

Well I personally dont like outscoring my opponenent 28-7 in the first quarter while using the Broncos.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 18

see thats where your wrong , with these sliders, your not going to do that.

the understanding of sliders on this sight is wrong. putting run blocking on 5 doesnt make it harder , it makes the line totally unaware of who they have to block.

remember the cpu is at 100 so dont get fooled by your pro default setting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
see thats where your wrong , with these sliders, your not going to do that.

the understanding of sliders on this sight is wrong. putting run blocking on 5 doesnt make it harder , it makes the line totally unaware of who they have to block.

remember the cpu is at 100 so dont get fooled by your pro default setting

How so? When I just used this pro/100 method as a test, to give it a shot, I outscored the bears 28-7 in the first quarter, Knowshon Moreno is averaging 7-8 yards per carry, Jay Cutler is 7 for 9 in passing at the half, and now losing 34-14.

Oh and the broncos have 238 total offense yards going into halftime, and im not even trying to score, just running the ball. Both Cutler and Orton have a QB rating over 100...Not very realistic, IMO.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm going to be like you...your sliders suck try mine their better because i played 1 game and it was awesome and all your sliders suck these sliders are the best.

Saying everyone is wrong is stupid. People have different skills so no slider set will be perfect for everyone. With these sliders passing is way too easy so are they perfect to me? No so does that mean your wrong? no if they are good for you thats all that counts. But saying these are the be all end all sliders is completely wrong because those who are superior in the passing game will tear these sliders up.

And you never answered the question from a above poster where he said why put human sliders at 50% and cpu at 100% if you say that on 100 players play at their ratings. So why should my players play at half their rating while the cpu players play at full rating?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #24
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

People have different skill levals in this game so sliders that suit one persons skill may not suit anothers. Personally I fould the Pro/100 to be a little to easy to pass. In both games I played with them I was the Raiders vs the Chargers and vs the Colts. I played the way the Raiders would passed 20-25 times with Russell and mixed my running between all 3 backs. I didnt complete less than 75% in either game. Against the Colts I was 21-23 passing and won 35-21. I beat the Chargers 42-17 so yes these sliders were way to easy for ME not saying that they would be easy for the OP or anyone else which is exactly my point we all have different skill levals therefore we are all going to think different sliders work better than others. For example I am really good at passing the ball but for some reason I usually suck at running and there are people that are the opposite of that and people that are awesome at everything in the game. No slider set is going to be the best slider set ever no slider set is going to be the slider set to end all slider sets.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »