Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 625-640 IQ sliders

Thanks ill try those out
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a question about the Human Setting Sliders, because i'm playing on the ps3 and i can't find the human settings sliders. there is a option to set on the game difficulty but not the skill, i can set the skill only for the cpu.

I am incompetent? or i'm on the wrong platform?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mussina #35
I have a question about the Human Setting Sliders, because i'm playing on the ps3 and i can't find the human settings sliders. there is a option to set on the game difficulty but not the skill, i can set the skill only for the cpu.

I am incompetent? or i'm on the wrong platform?
As you go through the different difficulties (pro, all-pro, all-madden) you'll see a "custom" option. The custom option allows you to adjust all of the sliders.

Once at the main sliders (PASS OFF, RUN OFF, PASS DEF, PASS OFF), you can then click on the main sliders which opens up sub-sliders. Hope that helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay, of course. I tried it and it works, thanks for help - Steeler99 - !!!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I played one game post-patch as the Browns (me) vs Broncos. I lost 29-30 which was a much higher scoring game than I was seeing pre-patch. Three of the Broncos scores came on big plays of 40+ yards ... two runs, one pass. On the two big runs Moreno broke a few too many tackles imo, but I didn't want to make any changes based on one game? The only other real difference I noticed was a lot of dropped passes (especially HUM), but again, that could have just been a one game thing?

Perfect sliders for me would provide for:

1. a difficult run game, although not impossible providing you have a decent O-line and RB. Should be noticeable difference when running with AP versus some average RB, or with Detroit's O-line versus Minnesota's.

2. a challenging, yet realistic pass game that makes you earn completions and hopefully shows a difference between different levels of WRs and especially QBs.

3. challenging enough defense that you feel you have to make the "correct" defensive call most of the time to shut down cpu drives and keep scores low.

I tend to play like a typical ball-control team offensively ... control the clock with a solid run game, while mixing in enough passes to keep a defense honest. On defense I like to play more aggressively like a typical Steeler team which really makes the lack of HUM sacks in this year's game suck! A perfect game for me is more of a low to medium scoring contest with good back and forth battles. On defense I only control one player for the entire play and it's almost always a SS or MLB.
sorry i took a while to get back to you on this, but i was out all day yesterday and only had time to play a game and a half late last night.

anyways, i played against the jets for my first game. i scored a td on my first drive and i got a little worried that it would be easy all game, but as it progressed it was a back and forth struggle. to make a long story short, the jets tied the game in the fourth (7-7) and on another drive took the lead (14-7) with only a minute left. i managed to get down to their 30 and i was on my way to tie the game on a screen pass, but got tripped up right at the last minute. i was out of timeouts, so i lost. even though i lost the game, i felt that the ending was pretty incredible...like a true rivalry game would feel.

i tried playing a quick game against the colts and it felt like i was playing a different team (thankfully). manning was passing all over the field, but i managed to keep it close. i only wound up playing a half cause it was getting late, but i liked what i saw. the game was 17-10 (colts) before i quit.

my only issues were that there were too many penalties called against the cpu, but i'm using playmakers' penalty settings and maybe the patch skewed those settings. also, the cpu had clear breaks down the field, but always managed to step out of bounds...again, it has nothing to do with your sliders, it's just the faulty programming. at times, it felt like it was easy defending against the cpu, but i have been scored upon...i would've been a little more concerned if i dominated both games by keeping the jets and colts scoreless.

anyway, you really should consider opening up your own thread with these slider settings and ask for some feedback. i'd love to read other people's experiences using these.

Last edited by deagledan; 09-27-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
sorry i took a while to get back to you on this, but i was out all day yesterday and only had time to play a game and a half late last night.

anyways, i played against the jets for my first game. i scored a td on my first drive and i got a little worried that it would be easy all game, but as it progressed it was a back and forth struggle. to make a long story short, the jets tied the game in the fourth (7-7) and on another drive took the lead (14-7) with only a minute left. i managed to get down to their 30 and i was on my way to tie the game on a screen pass, but got tripped up right at the last minute. i was out of timeouts, so i lost. even though i lost the game, i felt that the ending was pretty incredible...like a true rivalry game would feel.

i tried playing a quick game against the colts and it felt like i was playing a different team (thankfully). manning was passing all over the field, but i managed to keep it close. i only wound up playing a half cause it was getting late, but i liked what i saw. the game was 17-10 (colts) before i quit.

my only issues were that there were too many penalties called against the cpu, but i'm using playmakers' penalty settings and maybe the patch skewed those settings. also, the cpu had clear breaks down the field, but always managed to step out of bounds...again, it has nothing to do with your sliders, it's just the faulty programming. at times, it felt like it was easy defending against the cpu, but i have been scored upon...i would've been a little more concerned if i dominated both games by keeping the jets and colts scoreless.

anyway, you really should consider opening up your own thread with these slider settings and ask for some feedback. i'd love to read other people's experiences using these.
I'm actually trying some different settings post-patch to experiment a bit, but thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #15
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I'm actually trying some different settings post-patch to experiment a bit, but thanks for the feedback.
cool, please make sure to post them as soon as you have them ready.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #16
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

btw, i played two more games. i played the patriots first and it was a high-scoring game. i wound up winning it 31-21. not that brady is a perfect qb, but there were a few throws he made that made me wonder wth was going wrong (i picked off two of his passes early in the game). i wanted to fear brady when he stepped back to throw, and that wasn't the case.

i played the steelers for my second game, and just as i expected, it was a back and forth struggle. i won the game 10-7, but it should have been tied in the fourth because the steelers missed a close range fg. i forgot to mention this, but in the first game i played using your sliders (vs. the jets), they also missed a close-range fg, so i decided to just put the special teams settings back at the default setting for now until you post your updates.

all in all, not bad, but i want to struggle on defense just a little more. good start though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »