Home

Slider Thought?

This is a discussion on Slider Thought? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Slider Thought?

Looking through most of the slider threads I can see most everyone is still searching for that "golden set". Just to get a slightly new idea out there, I wonder if it would make a difference if instead of lowering specific sliders to make corrections, we only increased the opposite sliders?

For example, right now if we find the human pass game too strong, most slider sets show that we tend to lower the human pass sliders. What if we took the opposite approach and to fix a strong human pass game we raised the cpu pass defense settings?

In other words start out with everything at default all-pro (middle of the road), then for any necessary corrections raise the opposing slider, versus lowering that specific slider. I'm just curious if the game would play better with sliders tweaked towards the high end versus the low end that we see in most slider sets now?

I remember seeing a post a while back mentioning how much better the blocking and animations were down at the pro level. Just got me to thinking that maybe an approach that put sliders closer to that level might provide better overall play?

Last edited by Steeler99; 10-09-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Slider Thought?

It seems to be working for me with QB accuracy. If I need to lower my completion %, I'll increase CPU Pass reaction. Fortunately, that's low (to minimize psychic coverage) so there's lots of room for me there.

I don't know if it will work for INTs. There's no "opposite" to INTs? Maybe WR catching?

I also wonder for the run game. Even with 50-55 run blocking, with 50 Block shedding, the AI can't run well (my players break their blocks too fast) and it can get like that for me as well, especially if I run between the tackles frequently.

I'm trying to keep my sliders around 10-12 "overall". I just hope increasing the CPU sliders (or my sliders if the CPU is too good at something) won't create too much suction/warping/etc to where it starts looking funny(ier).
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

I think you have good possibility here, which i am going to try out shortly. Will report after im done.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Steeler99 what would you do to effect cpu pass rush using your new theory?

Its worth a try, I like the idea
Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

steeler, my guess is that if you do it this way you will just be attempting to make one aspect of the game unrealistic to counteract another

the reason people put QB acc and WR catching lower than default is because you will not see errant passes or very many drops at 50... if you're too good at 50's, but leave it there and increase the CPU defense you still have those same issues, you're just making the cpu more unrealistic (aka psychic db's) to counteract it

that's my guess anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank

To affect CPU Pass rush on the negative side increase Human PB and decrease BLK Shed for HUM.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank

Human pass block would seem to be the logical choice?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
steeler, my guess is that if you do it this way you will just be attempting to make one aspect of the game unrealistic to counteract another

the reason people put QB acc and WR catching lower than default is because you will not see errant passes or very many drops at 50... if you're too good at 50's, but leave it there and increase the CPU defense you still have those same issues, you're just making the cpu more unrealistic (aka psychic db's) to counteract it

that's my guess anyway
You could very well be right Bill ... just thought it might be worth a try? I've actually got three different "test franchises" going with the hope that at least one will give me the challenge I'm looking for. Surprising thing was, in a brief series of testing last night I actually saw quite a few errant passes from the cpu trying the "increase only method" ....

I was just thinking that for example with both human AND cpu set to pro difficulty, they would essentially offset each other and play balanced? Years back (old gen) I remember quite a few of the OS found PRO to be the most realistic level to play on, albeit with cpu and human sliders greatly tweaked. Of course now sliders are set up differently so may not work at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »