Home

RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!!

This is a discussion on RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #41
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: RnR’s “IN THE GAME” Post Patch MADDEN 10 SLIDERS!!

[quote=WastedTalentGaming;2040366624]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC fan for life
Dude it's cool you put a lot into these but, the reality is sliders are so screwed up it really does not make a difference any more, case and point, i played three games using playmakers sliders, same teams everything the same, and guess what three different results, this should not be, i wish it was just as easy to put in your slider set and say wow, these are the best ever, but after a couple games you are right back where you started, so my advice is play something else until they fix the slider problem, i want to play so much, but one day, i am so happy, and the other day so freaking pissed, i am ready to call the president, to get involved, this is just to frustrating...............................[/quo

If 2 NFL teams play each other more than once in a year the game usually ends up completely different than the first time they played. You can't expect every game to be identical. Just one blown coverage in a game can lead to a big difference. Injuries during a game, fatigue, as well as human error can make a huge difference as well. This adds to the realism of the experience.
Your exactly right dude... I normally test my sliders against the best teams, like the Steelers and the Pats and they are always different type of games. I get more consistent game's against the Pats but the Steelers are different every game.
Human error can make a huge difference. Especially when you change to a player and the CPU takes you straight out of the play coz it wasn't the player you wanted to change to, and because your pressing a certain direction it takes you right out the play...I hate that!!! ...The one thing I have noticed through all the years of playing madden is that they the CPU always seem to stage a comeback in someway...oh look I'm gonna score a TD, oh no wait I've fumbled it, and then they drive 95 yards to score a TD, when the rest of the match they couldn't even scrape one 1st down. No sliders can fix that!!!

I do love this game at the moment and especially with my sliders, it feels right and I love how the CPU plays against me. Some teams can be seriously tough and then some teams just seem to roll over easily...I'm playing as the Dolphin's right now and in season 2...I had a high scoring game against the Ravens beating them 38-25, with both teams going for 2 point conversions as it was close up until the last 5 mins...6 pics in total 4 by me[i was being an idiot], which led me to trading Chad afterwards. The next game against the Lions was totally different. 18-3 to me. But it was a struggle....4 fumbles in the 1st half...I just couldn't move the ball at all, I had to grind it out!!!
So 2 totally different games which you would not expect.

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-25-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 12

I tried your sliders in the first game of my fantasy drafted franchise. It was fun, I've been using a tweaked set of dfos81's sliders for a long time now, and it was a good change of pace. I didn't write down the stats, but I'll give you what I can from memory.

Titans (me) at Steelers
Final Score: 29-10

Passing
TEN- C. Palmer: 13-32, 40% comp, 250ish yards, 1 TD, 1INT
PIT- T. Edwards: 13-30, 42% comp, 200ish yards, 1TD

Rushing
TEN- B Jacobs: 26 att, 100 yards, 3.8 YPC, 1 TD, 1 Fumble
TEN- F. Jones: 5 att, 111 yards, 22.2 YPC, 1 TD (broke a huge run, nothing too spectacular besides that)
PIT- L. Johnson: 18 att. 63 yards, 3.6 YPC

Recieving
TEN- G. Jennings: 4 catches, 84 yards
TEN- M. Crabtree: 4 catches, 62 yards
TEN- J. Casey: 3 catches, 35 yards
TEN- J. Dillard: 1 catch 18 yards
TEN- J. Knox: 1 catch, 13 yards, 1 TD
PIT- S. Smith: 3 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD
PIT- H. Miller: 3 catches, 40 yards
PIT- S. Breston: 2 catches, 25 yards

Defensive
TEN- O. Umenyoira: 3 solo tack., 1 assist, 2 sacks
TEN- L. English: 2 solo tack., 1 sack, 1 FFum, 1 Fum Rec
TEN- D. Ryans: 4 solo tack. 3 assists
PIT- J. Mayo: 6 solo tack. 4 assists, 1 sack, 1 INT

I only had a few problems with the sliders:
1. Passing: The passing game was a bit on the hard side, I'm fine with the yardages, but it's the completion percentages I don't like. It's only been one game so I'll wait before I do anything too drastic. Lowering Pass D reaction time and raising QB accuracy and WR catching a few points should fix the problem (I had Crabtree and Jennings both drop 2-3 passes they should have easily made).

2. Running: Running the ball is a little difficult for my tastes. even with a good OL and decent HBs there are no running lanes to speak of and running is much more a matter of luck than skill/ratings.

3. Broken tackles: This kind of fits in with running, but at the same time doesn't. I had the wrong people breaking lots of tackles. Small WRs were trucking people, while Brandon Jacobs (6'4", 245 lbs, and 99 Trucking) and Larry Johnson couldn't break a single tackle. The break tackle slider for both human and CPU might need to be bumped up a bit.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

After NO MADDEN for 3 days i finally got to have another day and what a massive game it was!

Vikings @ Packers

Score 12-29
Rush Yards 48-200
Pass Yards 187 - 234
1st Dwns 8-16
Turnovers 2(0)-2(0) - both my fumbles by my WR & 1 by RB

Player Stats

Qbs

GB-Rodgers 17/31 - 247 yards, rating 91.7,1 td, 0 picks
MIN- J.Huff 14/32 - 199 yards, 51.4 rating, 0td, 1 pick

Rushing

GB-Grant 14carries 41 yards, 2.9av, 0td,Long of 10
MIN-Peterson 14carries 33 yards, 2.3av, 0td, long of 6
GB-Jackson 13carries 152 yards!!,11.6 av, 3td,s long of 62!!
MIN-C.Taylor 5carries 10 yards, 2av, 1td, long of 4

Receiving

GB-Jennings 6-64 yards, 0tds, Longest of 26
MIN-Rice 5-116 yards, 0 tds, Longest of 54
GB-Jones 4-58 yards, 1 td, Longest of 29
GB-Finley 2-24 yards, 0td, long of 14
GB-Driver 1-57 yards, 0td, long of 57

Driver had a chance of a TD when the FS came to blitz after i caught the ball i was away but the cb caught me up on their 10!!!

D-FENCE

Min made 2 sacks
GB Made 2 sacks

I did have a pick with Harris though late in the game.

Other Notes

I missed 3 fgs...grrrrr not because of distance i get get FULL POWER every time but they slice right very annoying KEEP forgetting to change the sliders for this.

All in all a great game, i pretty much came out in C3 with 2 LB in the slants a lot with NO LBS blitzing. SPot light on PETERSON and made HUGE plays with the LBs out wide and up the gut he found no room as i often had my MLBs showing blitz giving him NO GAPS.

I always struggle against the pass despite men in coverage but for the CPU to constantly make plays i can generally stop them even if they have slowly moved up the field.

as mentioned above i missed chances to go ahead when going 3 and out high up the field because of the bloody field goals almost going dead straight then curving ridiculously to the right in the most bizarre angles!

i ironically went 3-0 down after a 55 yarder by longwell as the CPU pisses all over FG on this game.

I then on 3-8 on the MIN 8 had a great block out wide by Driver and scored with Jackson who was on fire all day, im finding game by game 1 of my RB is awesome and 1 majorly sucks *see grants numbers!*

My HT numbers were something like 100 yards rushing 80 passing! which set me up nicely in the second half. a PA deep pass to JONES opened the game up and i kept only giving MINNY yards in front of the 1ST DOWN marker then making plays reducing them to one TD all game and 2 fgs', they missed a 2pt conversion late on as well.

As their D got more and more tired, Jackson then ran a TD for 62 yards i think my longest ever!

After that i made lots of plays to Jennings, note his YARDS were not that high as i often had some do deep DRIVER with Jennings in short behind for some easy yards, add in the rushing and i really controlled this game.

Im loving these sliders now that ive learnt to pass and it makes the game soo challenging and rewarding. other than the kicking sliders its perfect so far. I feel like at times im moving the ball well and then i see the score and its only say 7-3 i think woah you;ve had all the ball and your only up by 4 lol

top work mate
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #44
Pro

I haven't been able to play another game yet (I'll post some more stats when I do) but I just wanted to point out that I've seen animations that I had never seen before using these sliders. I've played over 10 seasons' worth of franchise games (different franchises, usually 2-3 years a piece) and in the one game I've played I saw a new pass block animation (the LT rode Umenyoira into the ground when he tried to dip and run by him), 2 new stiff arm animations, and a new spectacular catch animation (leaned out to grab it with one hand, fell, rolled and got up afterward).

One game isn't a great sample size, but things are looking good so far.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #45
Pro

Alright, I played another game, here's the rundown:

Raiders at Titans (me)

Final Score: 23 - 45

Individual Stats
Passing
TEN- C. Palmer: 18-21, 85% comp, 350 yards, 4 TDs 1 INT
OAK- M. Bulger: 23-38, 61% comp, 320 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing
TEN- B. Jacobs: 16 att, 112 yards, 7 YPC, 1 TD (two big runs inflated the stats a bit)
TEN- F. Jones: 5 att, 37 yards, 7.5 YPC, 1 TD
OAK- C. Portis: 17 att, 85 yards, 5 YPC, 1 TD

Recieving
TEN- G. Jennings: 7 catches, 144 yards, 3 TDs
TEN- M. Crabtree: 4 catches, 104 yards, 1 TD
TEN- J. Casey: 3 catches, 45 yards
TEN- J. Dillard: 2 catches, 33 yards
TEN- J. Knox: 1 catch, 20 yards
OAK- J. Morgan: 8 catches, 107 yards, 1TD
OAK- L. Fitzgerald: 1 catch, 11 yards (targeted only 3 times all game)
OAK- V. Shiancoe: 4 catches, 28 yards
OAK- 3rd WR (I forgot his name): 3 catches, 65 yards 1 TD

Defensive
TEN- D. Revis: 5 solo tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
TEN- D. Ryans: 4 solo tackles, 3 assists
TEN- O. Umenyiora: 3 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack
TEN- K. Maxie (rookie): 2 solo tackles, 2 assists, 2 TFL
OAK- MLB (forgot his name): 4 solo tackles, 2 assists, 1 INT
OAK- A. Schobel: 1 solo tackle, 1 sack

The big story of this game: Larry Fitzgerald was blanketed by Darelle Revis and only managed 1 catch all game. I'll be looking to make some tweaks to make passing a tad harder as Palmer was on fire from the get go (side note: after only 10 INTs last season Palmer progressed and is now an elite QB, 98 OVR with 97 THP and 96-99 in all the accuracy stats). I might look into making rushing a bit harder (overdid it with the tweaks from last game) since I have a big power HB averaging 7 YPC.

Great slider set, loving it so far.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 10-27-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #46
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Alright, I played another game, here's the rundown:

Raiders at Titans (me)

Final Score: 23 - 45

Individual Stats
Passing
TEN- C. Palmer: 18-21, 85% comp, 350 yards, 4 TDs 1 INT
OAK- M. Bulger: 23-38, 61% comp, 320 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing
TEN- B. Jacobs: 16 att, 112 yards, 7 YPC, 1 TD (two big runs inflated the stats a bit)
TEN- F. Jones: 5 att, 37 yards, 7.5 YPC, 1 TD
OAK- C. Portis: 17 att, 85 yards, 5 YPC, 1 TD

Recieving
TEN- G. Jennings: 7 catches, 144 yards, 3 TDs
TEN- M. Crabtree: 4 catches, 104 yards, 1 TD
TEN- J. Casey: 3 catches, 45 yards
TEN- J. Dillard: 2 catches, 33 yards
TEN- J. Knox: 1 catch, 20 yards
OAK- J. Morgan: 8 catches, 107 yards, 1TD
OAK- L. Fitzgerald: 1 catch, 11 yards (targeted only 3 times all game)
OAK- V. Shiancoe: 4 catches, 28 yards
OAK- 3rd WR (I forgot his name): 3 catches, 65 yards 1 TD

Defensive
TEN- D. Revis: 5 solo tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
TEN- D. Ryans: 4 solo tackles, 3 assists
TEN- O. Umenyiora: 3 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack
TEN- K. Maxie (rookie): 2 solo tackles, 2 assists, 2 TFL
OAK- MLB (forgot his name): 4 solo tackles, 2 assists, 1 INT
OAK- A. Schobel: 1 solo tackle, 1 sack

The big story of this game: Larry Fitzgerald was blanketed by Darelle Revis and only managed 1 catch all game. I'll be looking to make some tweaks to make passing a tad harder as Palmer was on fire from the get go (side note: after only 10 INTs last season Palmer progressed and is now an elite QB, 98 OVR with 97 THP and 96-99 in all the accuracy stats). I might look into making rushing a bit harder (overdid it with the tweaks from last game) since I have a big power HB averaging 7 YPC.

Great slider set, loving it so far.
Thanks for the stats, they look good...If you want harder sliders try my V1 sliders..http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-testing.html

Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #47
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
After NO MADDEN for 3 days i finally got to have another day and what a massive game it was!

Vikings @ Packers

Score 12-29
Rush Yards 48-200
Pass Yards 187 - 234
1st Dwns 8-16
Turnovers 2(0)-2(0) - both my fumbles by my WR & 1 by RB

Player Stats

Qbs

GB-Rodgers 17/31 - 247 yards, rating 91.7,1 td, 0 picks
MIN- J.Huff 14/32 - 199 yards, 51.4 rating, 0td, 1 pick

Rushing

GB-Grant 14carries 41 yards, 2.9av, 0td,Long of 10
MIN-Peterson 14carries 33 yards, 2.3av, 0td, long of 6
GB-Jackson 13carries 152 yards!!,11.6 av, 3td,s long of 62!!
MIN-C.Taylor 5carries 10 yards, 2av, 1td, long of 4

Receiving

GB-Jennings 6-64 yards, 0tds, Longest of 26
MIN-Rice 5-116 yards, 0 tds, Longest of 54
GB-Jones 4-58 yards, 1 td, Longest of 29
GB-Finley 2-24 yards, 0td, long of 14
GB-Driver 1-57 yards, 0td, long of 57

Driver had a chance of a TD when the FS came to blitz after i caught the ball i was away but the cb caught me up on their 10!!!

D-FENCE

Min made 2 sacks
GB Made 2 sacks

I did have a pick with Harris though late in the game.

Other Notes

I missed 3 fgs...grrrrr not because of distance i get get FULL POWER every time but they slice right very annoying KEEP forgetting to change the sliders for this.

All in all a great game, i pretty much came out in C3 with 2 LB in the slants a lot with NO LBS blitzing. SPot light on PETERSON and made HUGE plays with the LBs out wide and up the gut he found no room as i often had my MLBs showing blitz giving him NO GAPS.

I always struggle against the pass despite men in coverage but for the CPU to constantly make plays i can generally stop them even if they have slowly moved up the field.

as mentioned above i missed chances to go ahead when going 3 and out high up the field because of the bloody field goals almost going dead straight then curving ridiculously to the right in the most bizarre angles!

i ironically went 3-0 down after a 55 yarder by longwell as the CPU pisses all over FG on this game.

I then on 3-8 on the MIN 8 had a great block out wide by Driver and scored with Jackson who was on fire all day, im finding game by game 1 of my RB is awesome and 1 majorly sucks *see grants numbers!*

My HT numbers were something like 100 yards rushing 80 passing! which set me up nicely in the second half. a PA deep pass to JONES opened the game up and i kept only giving MINNY yards in front of the 1ST DOWN marker then making plays reducing them to one TD all game and 2 fgs', they missed a 2pt conversion late on as well.

As their D got more and more tired, Jackson then ran a TD for 62 yards i think my longest ever!

After that i made lots of plays to Jennings, note his YARDS were not that high as i often had some do deep DRIVER with Jennings in short behind for some easy yards, add in the rushing and i really controlled this game.

Im loving these sliders now that ive learnt to pass and it makes the game soo challenging and rewarding. other than the kicking sliders its perfect so far. I feel like at times im moving the ball well and then i see the score and its only say 7-3 i think woah you;ve had all the ball and your only up by 4 lol

top work mate
Nice post dude, looks like a great game once again, I think these sliders are perfect for you....are you still using the zoomed camera???
It looks as tho your getting the passing down and the more you play the better your getting!!!
Well done dude keep em coming!!!
Did you watch the Pats vs Buccs game???

Old 10-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #48
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I haven't been able to play another game yet (I'll post some more stats when I do) but I just wanted to point out that I've seen animations that I had never seen before using these sliders. I've played over 10 seasons' worth of franchise games (different franchises, usually 2-3 years a piece) and in the one game I've played I saw a new pass block animation (the LT rode Umenyoira into the ground when he tried to dip and run by him), 2 new stiff arm animations, and a new spectacular catch animation (leaned out to grab it with one hand, fell, rolled and got up afterward).

One game isn't a great sample size, but things are looking good so far.
Yeah you are right I have also seen some new animations and the 1 handed grab, have u seen the stiff arm animation where you push the tackler off your legs???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »