Home

NFL Simulation Sliders for Patch 1 & 2 (tuned for Slow & Very Slow gameplay)

This is a discussion on NFL Simulation Sliders for Patch 1 & 2 (tuned for Slow & Very Slow gameplay) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NFL Simulation Sliders 1.0 from Valdarez (tuned for Slow Gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
it was a monday night game against the chargers the weather was fine no rain or anything.

i just finished up my second game. i faced the chiefs and they gave me a much tighter fight than the chargers. i won the game 30-3 but it was alot closer than that. it was 13-3 after the 1st half but then in the second half matt cassel threw 2 pick sixes one after the other (cassel finished with 0 TDs 3 INTs). i got into the sack category (probably because kansas city lines worse than san diegos) with 4. the time of possession was alot closer 27 chiefs 24 me. the one thing i might have to change based on my play style is the running bc mcfadden had 31 carries for 207 yards long being 69. i love how terrible jamarcus russel is going 2 for 15 for 19 yards and a pick lol. but frankly i don't know if i should be winning a game 30-3 with those kinds of numbers from my qb.

by the way i turned down the time of the games from 15 minutes to 13 minutes sticking with the 25 second runoff which resulted in 114 plays opposed to the 125 i ran against the chargers.

i blitz A LOT also. maybe INTs need to be turned down in my case being that ive caused 6 in 2 games.

thanks again valdarez for your work im looking forward to the rules your going to post bc maybe im playing cheap and i dnt even no it
I'm actually testing lower INT settings right now (15), Cowboys against Cardinals in Playoff game. So far only 1 INT, and it was mine, and a very, very bad throw. I hit the wrong button, which doesn't happen often. Bad thing was it was a loft pass on a long throw, but the player was short. It as definitely a lol moment as the throw went way high and was an easy pick for the defense.

Down 17 to 7 right now at the half, Cardinals up, I get the ball.

Do you hit Y when you go for a INT / Pick? I tend to hit B to switch to the defender and then Y to try for the Interception, so it may be that I'm actually messing it up more than helping, and why I have been seeing lower INT numbers?

I love the slower gameplay in Madden, it reminds me more of APF2K8, where I probably have close to 1500 games under my belt. Appreciate the help / feedback on getting these sliders as realistic as possible.

Last edited by Valdarez; 10-31-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea i have those moments. trying to snap the ball quickly and i wind up lobbing it to X and having the defense intercept it and run back for a TD. i have the ps3 im wondering if that makes a difference for the sliders? but to answer your question i usually only stay on Asomugha and i do press triangle to intercept it. only during some plays do i switch and try to jump the route. during my last game one of the pick sixes was wen the computer got hit and threw up the ball and richard seymour was right there for the pick six, i dont usually like to see those during the game bc they rarely happen unless your brett favre against miami last year. but im gonna play one more game for the night against the broncos with your sliders and ill post what happens in a little while
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Wow, great game. Tied it up with a FG as timed expired, making it 20-20. My only TD came in the 3rd Quarter when Barber broke out of a ProTak Animation (only second time I've seen it in a game) with a huge upper body movement as I pressed up on the ProTak. Not realistic, but a kewl play none-the-less.

I wanted to post the stats before they became skewed by the overtime play. I upped the Human Fumble to 20 (due to weather conditions impacting it per a test this afternoon) and reduced Human INT to 15.

LAST GAME STATISTICS

Playoff Game: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys

GAME STATS
Score: 20 / 20 (end of 4th)
Total Offense:295 / 323
Rushing: 63 / 108 (mainly due to break tackle run by Barber)
Passing: 232 / 215
Turnovers: 1 / 1
3rd Down Conversions: 11-18(61%) / 5-12(41%)
Possession Time: 32:20 / 27:40

QUARTERBACK
Kurt Warner - 25/36(69%) for 289 yards 1 TD, 0 INT, and 3 Sacks
Tony Romo - 19/30(63%) for 223 yards 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 Sack

RUSHING
M. Barber - 21 attempts for 108 yards and 1 TD (5.1 average, longest 55 yds)
T. Hightower - 14 attempts for 37 yards and 0 TD (2.6 average, longest 6 yds)
B. Wells - 7 attempts for 26 yards and 0 TDs (3.7 average, longest 5 yrds)
J. Wright - 1 attempt for 0 yards and 0 TDs (0.0 average)

RECEIVING
Cardinals threw to 10 receivers
WR J. Urban had 12 receptions for 73 yards (6.0 avg) and 0 TDs
WR E. Doucet had 6 receptions for 71 yards (11.8 avg) and 0 TDs
WR A Boldin had 5 receptions for 58 yards (11.6 avg) and 1 TD

Cowboys threw to 6 receivers
TE J. Witten had 5 receptions for 36 yards (7.2 avg) and 0 TDs
WR M. Austin had 4 receptions for 59 yards (14.7 avg) and 1 TD
HB F. Jones had 4 receptions for 65 yards (16.2 avg) and 0 TDs

DEFENSE
Cardinals Highest solo Tackles was 4 (SS A. Wilson)
Cowboys Highest solo Tackles was 8 (MLB K. Brooking)

Cardinals D. Docket had 1 Sack
Cowboys I. Olshansky, D. Ware, and M. Spear all had 1 Sack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Rookie

so i just finished my 3rd game using your sliders. heres how it played out.

it was a sunny day no rain, i only had time to get through 3 quarters with the INT slider at 15

Raiders (me) 38 Broncos 3

Team Stats
Total Offense
Oak - 295
Den - 199

Turnovers
Oak - 1
Den - 3

Time of Possession
Oak - 25:43
Den - 12:44

Passing
Russel 13 of 16 for 203 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Orton 12 of 23 for 182 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs

Rushing
Mcfadden 25 carries 101 yards 2 TDs
Fargas 2 carries 0 yards

Moreno 7 carries for 11 yards (i make it a point to try and stop the run)
Buckhalter 2 carries for 4 yards

Receiving
Nothing really special here except Mcfadden havin 4 catches for 79 yards long being a 51 yard screen play

Defensive
Oak - No Sacks, 2 INTs one taken back for a TD
Den - 1 sack

this was already ugly and on its way to getting even uglier i wish i could get a game like your valdarez im thinking it has to be me somehow. i didnt return kicks of punts like you sed but i must be doing something else bc ive tried alot of slider sets and there all too easy. i must be exploiting something i dont no. i call my own defensive and offensive plays, maybe i should use ask madden?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Let me just say that I can tear up any team on these settings. There's just too much wrong with the AI in the game to make it hard AND realistic. Basically what I do is if there is anything that makes it too easy, I don't do it. I don't use Flood plays, as the AI can't handle them. I don't use toss plays from certain sets as I can almost always get a big run on it. Here are the rules I follow that I meant to post earlier.

Manual / Simulation Gameplay Rules

1. Let the CPU return Kicks/Punts
2. Punt / FG in all realistic situations (never go for it just because you 'can'. I punted from 32 earlier today as Folk can't make a 50 in this game for some reason)
3. Found Money Plays? Good! DO NOT USE THEM!!! They are money because the AI can't cover them properly. Forget the plays and never use them again. That's the only way the game will be challenging. The only way.
4. Do Not Play Lineman on defense (you can do to many funky things with them). Instead play LBs, Safeties, or CBs on defense
5. Manually switch on all pass plays and attempt to make the catch. Don't let the AI play for you.
6. Manually switch on all pass defense plays and attempt to knock the ball down and/or make the interception, again, don't let the AI play for you.
7. Do Not Throw Fade Routes (deep straight passes) unless in Hail Mary type of situations.

If you force yourself to use Madden's plays, then it will definitely be more challenging as well. I tend to do that when I'm browsing / playing at the same time. heh

Last edited by Valdarez; 10-31-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Rookie

thanks man for those rules. kinda sucks tho that the game is so disfunctional that there are plays in the game we cant use or itll make it too easy. wish these madden guys would sit down and take care of the gameplay instead of implementing things like the extra point (i might have watched that once). thanks again for your hard work
Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #15
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
thanks man for those rules. kinda sucks tho that the game is so disfunctional that there are plays in the game we cant use or itll make it too easy. wish these madden guys would sit down and take care of the gameplay instead of implementing things like the extra point (i might have watched that once). thanks again for your hard work
Agreed on hoping they make it more realistic / smart from a gameplay perspective. I still consider APF2K8 to be one of the most strategic/realistic football games, but even in it you had to avoid certain plays as they were just too easy too pull off. We had risk/reward ratios for plays and if the risk was too low and the reward too high, then the play basically was considered problematic and frowned upon by 'Sim' players. So it's not just Madden that has the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

I am mid-season in my franchise and desperately in need of a new set of sliders. Trying these out now.

PSN: FREExBEER

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »