Home

Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2

This is a discussion on Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Normal Custom Sliders Title Update 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Just had a nice defensive game Skins VS. Giants. I belive for those that like http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-1-a.html, these are even better(defensively).

Thinking about trying to see if my coaching sliders from http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-1-a.html will help the stats any.
If anyone else tries it, let me know your thoughts.
please do...i am on the 360 unfortunately but have these loaded up and ready to go.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Coaching sliders and Player/Cpu IQs updated pg. 1

These updated sliders are tuned for a more defensive game. But not too overblown were the cpu seems to be superboosted. I still want rating to matter so these are just tuned for that reason.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

dfros- I played with these update 2 sliders after using update 1 and i noticed a much more defensive game...I liked it. I played with the same teams ( Eagles-me vs the Giants). I won 36-13, but it was much closer than the final score as I scored 17 pts in the 4th qtr. I was up 13-7 @ the half.
Here are some key stats...
Passing
McNabb- 20-34, 220 yards & 2 TDs
Manning- 17-28, 286 yards & 1 Td 1 int

Rushing
Westbrook- 19 for 50 yds
Mcnabb- 5 for 31 & TD
Mccoy- 6 for 50 TD

jacobs- 10 for 31 yds

Westbrook led the Eagles receivers w/ 9 catches or 116 yds( 64 yard screen pass for TD in 4th qtr)

-Giants had 1 sack, Eagles had 4
-Eagle intercepted Manning in the endzone to stop a scoring drive early in the game
Seemed much harder to score, I enjoyed it. May try some diff teams to play vs the Eagles
Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
dfros- I played with these update 2 sliders after using update 1 and i noticed a much more defensive game...I liked it. I played with the same teams ( Eagles-me vs the Giants). I won 36-13, but it was much closer than the final score as I scored 17 pts in the 4th qtr. I was up 13-7 @ the half.
Here are some key stats...
Passing
McNabb- 20-34, 220 yards & 2 TDs
Manning- 17-28, 286 yards & 1 Td 1 int

Rushing
Westbrook- 19 for 50 yds
Mcnabb- 5 for 31 & TD
Mccoy- 6 for 50 TD

jacobs- 10 for 31 yds

Westbrook led the Eagles receivers w/ 9 catches or 116 yds( 64 yard screen pass for TD in 4th qtr)

-Giants had 1 sack, Eagles had 4
-Eagle intercepted Manning in the endzone to stop a scoring drive early in the game
Seemed much harder to score, I enjoyed it. May try some diff teams to play vs the Eagles
Nice, the qbs #'s look more down to earth. This should be the norm, w/ big #'s coming on a game were you have to pass alot or you just are hot and on the money, like Kurt Warner.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Ok I've done some coaching sliders testing and from what I can see.
They do affect stats in a major way.

For ex. I tested Rb2/Rb1 at 0 and Rb1 would be lucky to get 5 carries after simming a whole season.
Tested at 50 and both 1st and 2nd backs would almost always split carries, tested at 30 and rb2 would get about 30-50 more carries than the starter.

So you can see how coaching sliders can manipulate how teams play now.

This also goes for passing yards, rec. yds, rushing ypc, sacks, and tackles.

I adjusted the sliders so the Rb2 would see more carries,
for ex. teams w/ an elite back like Vikings, Titans, St. Louis, Falcons, etc.
I would put at 70 on the Rb2/Rb1 slider.
These backs would carry the ball the most and get the most yards.

I also noticed that the ypc were higher for backs around 100-250 carries. Backs that carried over 300 times would be at most about 5-6 ypc. So this seems very realistic to me now!

This also goes for passing yards, rec. yds, rushing ypc, sacks, and tackles. Its all in how you setup the coaching sliders for that team.

Same goes for qbs, I put the most aggressive teams at 50(Colts, Cards, Pats, Saints), least aggressive at 0, and instead of seeing a bunch of qbs throwing for 4,000+ yards, it was only about 1 or 2. I noticed the only teams that would get a WR w/ 100+ ctchs were at 50 on aggression.

For Defense, At default,

you'll see a few guys w/ 20+ sacks most of the time, If I lower the aggression on D and make all teams 50 on run/pass slider, along w/ lower aggression on offense, you might see 1 or 2 guys w/ 18 sacks. So you wouldn't see 2 or 3 guys getting 20+ sacks w/ lower aggression.

I also noticed w/ the lower aggression on both offense and defense(most aggressive defenses at 20, least at 0) the leading tacklers were down to about 120 something. With it at default, you'll see the leading tackler at about 130-140.

So, my thoughts are coaching sliders do make a difference, both in stats and in games.

Also noticed ALOT less season ending injuries when controlling all 32 teams.
Now is it enough to warrant controlling all 32 teams? Thats something I'll let you decide.

If you want total control and you want the stats to not be so inflated, and you want teams to play w/ a more distinct different gameplan(depending on personnel), keeping scores, yards, etc. lower, then this will work for you.

I'm updating pg. 1 w/ coaching slider changes. Hope this helps.

Last edited by dfos81; 12-08-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Excellent stuff, and great news on Fred Davis (in terms of sliders, haha). When do you think you'll have a final set of sliders for patch #2? I'm eager to begin a franchise with the eagles but I really want it to be in tip-top shape.

Also do you use 'house rules' ? Things like this..

1. Letting the clock run down to 5 seconds on each offensive possession (more realistic)

2. using one player on defense

3. not using 'sprint' button are your player intercepts the opposing QB (lowers the rate of pick-6's)

4. Using "Ask Madden" for every single play you run in the game

5. Sticking to defensive assignments (I use my defensive end - trent cole - and i dont want him blitzing on every play, so i stick to the assignment given to me in the play)

Little things like this really make it seem more realistic for me, and it also lowers the scoring a bit (especially the pick-6 rule). Not sure if you use these or you have any house rules yourself but it makes for an entertaining game.

Can't wait to hear on when these sliders will be finalised though, LOVING them!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippa
Excellent stuff, and great news on Fred Davis (in terms of sliders, haha). When do you think you'll have a final set of sliders for patch #2? I'm eager to begin a franchise with the eagles but I really want it to be in tip-top shape.

Also do you use 'house rules' ? Things like this..

1. Letting the clock run down to 5 seconds on each offensive possession (more realistic)

2. using one player on defense

3. not using 'sprint' button are your player intercepts the opposing QB (lowers the rate of pick-6's)

4. Using "Ask Madden" for every single play you run in the game

5. Sticking to defensive assignments (I use my defensive end - trent cole - and i dont want him blitzing on every play, so i stick to the assignment given to me in the play)

Little things like this really make it seem more realistic for me, and it also lowers the scoring a bit (especially the pick-6 rule). Not sure if you use these or you have any house rules yourself but it makes for an entertaining game.

Can't wait to hear on when these sliders will be finalised though, LOVING them!
Yes,
I use ask madden for about the 1st 10-15 plays, kind of like a play script.

I use the 15 sec runoff and try to call my play w/ about 5-10 seconds left on the playclock. So making 1 audible(maybe a hotroute or 2) would be about all I could do.

I stick w/ the d assignment.

I also put a kr that isn't rated 99(I use Rock Cartwright w/ the Skins and he's 93) on returns, unless its a desperate attempt to comeback.

I'm not sure about using sprint on int returns now. I may still do that b/c the pursuit was fixed.

pg 1. updated w/ some thoughts on using coaching sliders and how they affect things.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

i like your coaching slider impressions. the only thing that bugs me about this game is that if we mess with D aggression even more and lower it, it looks like it will mess with sim stats but when playing this would be good since the all out blitz by the CPU would be toned down. also, man, i wish i didn't have to control all the teams so the CPU would execute trades!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »