Home

Wondering if someone might suggest some good sliders for me

This is a discussion on Wondering if someone might suggest some good sliders for me within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Wondering if someone might suggest some good sliders for me

lol, very true.

I just wish there was a setting that was "just right". I love the "I could lose any game" feeling that comes with All-Madden mode, I just don't enjoy the methods of how I lose on All-Madden (I.E.: 4th string bench WR's trucking over Patrick Willis when making catches over the middle, to break off for a 70 yard TD; my defenders taking horrible angles on the ball carriers, which lead to non tackles and the ball carrier busting off a 50+ yard gain; my secondary not reacting to passes as they are in the air; WR's with high catch ratings like Michael Crabtree constantly dropping wide open passes; my offensive line not being able to hold a block against anyone regardless of block rating, meanwhile my defense can't get pressure against the opposing offensive line even if I send 6 or 7 guys, because the CPU O-Line sucks them all in, giving the CPU QB as long as needed to make the throw, etc...)
Old 02-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

dfos81, I actually tried out your sliders again in a franchise game, and I think there might be some potential here with a few tweaks.

I use the 49ers, so my first game was against the Cardinals. I ended up winning 31-21, and I thought it was going to be worse than that, because within the first few minutes of the game I was up 21-0.

My main concern is with the passing game, so I went exclusively to the pass to test that out. By the end of the game, despite an early 21-0 lead, I ended up passing for less than 300 yards on 44 attempts with Alex Smith. I was sacked about 4 times, and by the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter, they had essentially locked down my passing game.

Warner ended up with over 300 yards, and 68% passing, but a big chunk of those yards came on an 86 yard TD pass to Fitzgerald when I chose a SS Blitz to stop the run, and Fitz beat Nate Clements (who was in press coverage) on a slant pattern that he took to the house.

But that's totally unrealistic, Fitzgerald NEVER takes slant patterns to the house...

/sarcasm

Some tweaks that I need to make tho are to the run game, both sides. Tim Hightower had 10 carries for 11 yards, while with Frank Gore I had 10 carries for 72 yards. So I am going to tweak some sliders to increase their run blocking, as well as decrease my block shedding, and do vice versa on my end, decreasing my run blocking and increase their block shedding.

While they got 4 sacks (and lots of pressures) on me, I didn't get a single sack on Warner, and not too consistent of pressure. Although I didn't do much to my lineups either, so I didn't have my ideal players in their positions, such as Parys Haralson or Manny Lawson as 4 down line DE's (they both played DE in college, as well as play on the line when we have a 4 man line, so I consider this to be legit), so I don't know if I need to increase my pass rushing, or if it was just a matter of matchups.

While I did see some things that I liked, and a lot of improvements in terms of the realism, even tho it got close (after I went up 21-0, the Cardinals ended up tying it 21-21 before I scored again in the 4th quarter), I never really had a sense of "Wow, I might lose this game"... I always felt in control, and feel like if I had played a real game, instead of just going strictly to the pass for testing purposes, that it may never have been in question. BUT, that may change by lowering my rushing capabilities and increasing their's. By game's end, Alex Smith did have some pretty realistic #'s - sub 300 yards passing, 3 TD's, 3 INT's, less than 60% completions, and a low YPA.

I just know that the Cardinals would be one of the better teams in the game, and I hate that if despite being close, I never felt in danger of losing the game to the Cardinals, what it would be like to play some of the weaker teams in the league like the Seahawks or Rams, or someone like the Jaguars or something.

And also, if that is a trend that would continue even against the good teams that I'd play like the Colts, or the Eagles or something.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
dfos81, I actually tried out your sliders again in a franchise game, and I think there might be some potential here with a few tweaks.

I use the 49ers, so my first game was against the Cardinals. I ended up winning 31-21, and I thought it was going to be worse than that, because within the first few minutes of the game I was up 21-0.

My main concern is with the passing game, so I went exclusively to the pass to test that out. By the end of the game, despite an early 21-0 lead, I ended up passing for less than 300 yards on 44 attempts with Alex Smith. I was sacked about 4 times, and by the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter, they had essentially locked down my passing game.

Warner ended up with over 300 yards, and 68% passing, but a big chunk of those yards came on an 86 yard TD pass to Fitzgerald when I chose a SS Blitz to stop the run, and Fitz beat Nate Clements (who was in press coverage) on a slant pattern that he took to the house.

But that's totally unrealistic, Fitzgerald NEVER takes slant patterns to the house...

/sarcasm

Some tweaks that I need to make tho are to the run game, both sides. Tim Hightower had 10 carries for 11 yards, while with Frank Gore I had 10 carries for 72 yards. So I am going to tweak some sliders to increase their run blocking, as well as decrease my block shedding, and do vice versa on my end, decreasing my run blocking and increase their block shedding.

While they got 4 sacks (and lots of pressures) on me, I didn't get a single sack on Warner, and not too consistent of pressure. Although I didn't do much to my lineups either, so I didn't have my ideal players in their positions, such as Parys Haralson or Manny Lawson as 4 down line DE's (they both played DE in college, as well as play on the line when we have a 4 man line, so I consider this to be legit), so I don't know if I need to increase my pass rushing, or if it was just a matter of matchups.

While I did see some things that I liked, and a lot of improvements in terms of the realism, even tho it got close (after I went up 21-0, the Cardinals ended up tying it 21-21 before I scored again in the 4th quarter), I never really had a sense of "Wow, I might lose this game"... I always felt in control, and feel like if I had played a real game, instead of just going strictly to the pass for testing purposes, that it may never have been in question. BUT, that may change by lowering my rushing capabilities and increasing their's. By game's end, Alex Smith did have some pretty realistic #'s - sub 300 yards passing, 3 TD's, 3 INT's, less than 60% completions, and a low YPA.

I just know that the Cardinals would be one of the better teams in the game, and I hate that if despite being close, I never felt in danger of losing the game to the Cardinals, what it would be like to play some of the weaker teams in the league like the Seahawks or Rams, or someone like the Jaguars or something.

And also, if that is a trend that would continue even against the good teams that I'd play like the Colts, or the Eagles or something.
Nice feedback,

I've always said from the get go, its really a base set to make a few tweaks to your skill.
In your case, yes it would be a good idea to increase the cpu running sliders and decrease yours. Just a word of advice, don't adjust too much at once.

Something similar to this

Cpu run blk +5
Cpu brk tck +5

Player(rush D) blk shed -5
Player(rush D) rea. time -5

Last edited by dfos81; 02-13-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »