Home

Pokerplaya's Project (All-Pro Base)

This is a discussion on Pokerplaya's Project (All-Pro Base) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Pokerplaya's Project (All-Pro Base)

CPU just made a great read on a slant... Knox got a quick step and separation on Bly at the corner, and with no help over the top and a throw in stride, Knox is off to the races.

14-10 Detroit.

78 Yards later on Derrick Williams catch on a crossing pattern and to the house, and I'm beginning to worry about All-Pro, and not about Gameflow. My gameplan is obviously working perfectly, at least offensively!

Chicago had a nicely orchestrated drive, but I held in the red zone and they were forced to take a short FG. I then turned over the ball on my next possession, good play action but blitzer was unaccounted for and I got drilled into throwing a duck to Urlacher. But the defense held, and I am now taking over on the 20 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd, leading 21-13.

And THERE is the CPU D... worked it all the way down to 4th and Goal at the 1, tried to punch it in, CPU picked a great play from my gameplan and Urlacher blew it up. Bears take over on their 2. But at the same time,

Cutler hooked up with Aromashodu for 63 yards to cap a 9 play drive, and they kicked the PAT, so I'll get the ball with 1:52 left in the half up a point, 21-20.

(Don't expect any other game reports to be this in-depth, trying to look at the gameplan and just posting everything)

56 yard TD pass... rolled away from the blitz, Calvin had one step... gone. 28-20, we're not to half...

47 yard TD to Aromashodu... I probably pulled the DB away from possibly making the play but I think he still makes it anyways to be honest.

4 plays and 54 yards later I have to kick a FG to end the half. Make sure you do not gameflow inside of 10 seconds, it will be the kick always and I felt I could have taken a shot at the endzone.

So here's the halftime stats, I'm disgusted.

Disgusted to where I do not even know if can finish this game without restarting and beginning immediate work on sliders.

PASSING:

Cutler 15/23 for 347 yards (65%) 3TD, 2INT Long 78
Stafford 14/16 for 298 yards (87%) 3TD, 1INT Long 78

Mind you, those are halftime stats. Both passers should break Van Brocklin's record. I gotta go find sliders, glad I know Gameplan works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Re: Pokerplaya's Project (All-Pro Base)

The portion of the game report above is the reason why I have again decided to stick my hat into the slider forums. I am going to attempt to find the most realistic slider set possible for NFL Franchise play. I will be starting on All-Pro and all games will be played with the Detroit Lions at least in my tests, as I will be playing a franchise. I welcome other testers, help and research. I will be posting my tweaks that I am starting with in just a few moments!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Here's my initial starting set, and some thought behind it.

Player skill, all advanced settings on each individual spot.

Passing: 45
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50

Rushing: 50
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 50

Reaction Time: 40
Interceptions: 50
Pass Rushing: 40

Reaction Time: 50
Block Shedding: 50
Tackling: 40

Those are the player skill settings. When you are in the advanced, it tells you to make it easier, and to the right to make it harder. We need to lose some of our accuracy. The running game for the start, is fine. We need our DB's to react faster, and a slightly better pass rush. I have not seen issues with INT's as of yet so I will leave it. I set the Tackling to 40 to hopefully make the DB's close down on WR's with the ball better, and not so much to inhibit CPU rushing.

CPU:

QB Accuracy: 45

Broken Tackles: 50

Reaction Time: 55
Pass Rushing: 50

Reaction Time: 50
Block Shedding: 50
Tackling: 55

Same deal with the CPU, except their sliders go in reverse it appears so I moved them upwards. I will play my first test game, Lions vs. Bears.

All of my games are on All-Pro (or Custom now) with 11 minute quarters, accelerated clock at 15 seconds, a full personalized Gameplan with Gameflow, and the Default Detroit Lions. I will only pick up a player in the initial season in case of an injury from the free agent pool to provide a decent look at the team and how they should function.

I don't think this game needs a lot of tweaking, but I want to try to get it perfect. Thanks if you choose to test or help!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

First Test Game (Lions at Bears) DET - 78 OVR / CHI - 85 OVR

Halftime Stats:

Passing:

Cutler: 15/23 for 151 yards, (65%), 1 TD, 1 INT
Stafford: 9/19 for 129 (47%), 2 TD, 0 INT

Right there shows that the CPU has had both better pressure on me, and better coverage... with perhaps the better coverage leading to the better pressure. The score is 20-7 me at the half, so a lot better there as well.

Rushing:

Best: 10 carries, 60 yards 6.0
Forte: 6 carries, 10 yards 1.6

First game out of the 2 co-op and the half I played earlier that the CPU hasn't run decently. Perhaps a tune of the blocking number might be due, but we'll see how the rest of the game goes. Playing an extremely fun game right now!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 AM   #5
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

First Game - DET 47, CHI 28

Team Stats: will be denoted (DET/CHI)

Total Offense: 478/396
Rushing: 210/32
Passing: 268/364
First Downs: 14/12
Turnovers: 0/5 (yikes!)

Penalties both 3-35

Players

Passing:

Cutler: 26/41 for 374 yards (63%) with 4 TD and 5 INT.
Stafford: 23/39 for 281 (58%) with 3 TD and 0 INT

Mind you, Cutler got 2 bombs late, one to Knox for 65 and another to FORTE for 86. Felt Comeback-AI'ish. Aromashodu also had a 40 yarder, so if you add all of those 3 grabs up you have 191 of 374 of Cutler's Yards. So the rest of the time he went 23/38 for 183 yards. Not horrible at all. Most of the picks were just from bad decisions, makes me think I might leave the CPU accuracy up, and obviously lower the human interceptions.

Stafford's recievers on the other hand, had a great spread. No reciever had a long play of over 29 yards. Actually pretty comfortable with the human passing, just think I will be upping the CPU tackling to make them close on the recievers better after the catch and help shut down the run (which as you can tell from the team stats, I got off on!)

Rushing:

Best 17 carries for 177 yards (10.4) and 2 TDs. Long of 78.
Forte 11 carries for 32 yards (2.9) and 0 TDs. Neither back fumbled.

Best had the long of 78, so 16 for 99 otherwise. Good numbers, and I'll upload the video when I can of the video. Was amazing, and the view I have shows how he pulls away!

Recieving for both teams was well spread.

Urlacher had 7 solo/2 ast to lead the bears. They had 2 sacks, one by Urlacher and one by Tommie Harris. DeAndre Levy led with 5 solos and and an assist with the #2 overall getting 3 tackles, all 3 for loss including 2 sacks!

Will be tweaking the sliders a bit for the next game, at home against Philadelphia!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Version 2:

Pass Defense: 40
Interceptions: 25
Pass Rushing: 40

Reaction Time: 45
Block Shedding: 45
Tackling: 35

CPU:

Reaction Time: 58
Pass Rushing: 50

Reaction Time: 55
Block Shedding: 55
Tackling: 60

Also, my penalty sliders are 100 for Offside, 99 for False Start, 55 for Holding and Facemask, 100 for all the Interferences, 51 for Clipping, 100 for Grounding and all Roughings.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

PHI @ DET (PHI 84 OVR - DET 78 OVR)

I am missing DE Vanden Bosch for 3 weeks with broken ribs suffered against Chicago. Cliff Avril will start in his place on the right side!

OK -- I started and played this game till the half and it was quite obvious that the running game still needed major work - and I also counted the plays for both the last game, and this game up to the half and I am finding that 10 minutes should produce more accurate statistical totals than 11 minutes with the 15 second runoff.

Here will be the changes I am implementing. I will also be restarting my franchise in an attempt to only go with one set with only a minor tweak throughout. I'd rather not have the skewiness, I guess I'm too much of a realism freak - BUT I get my money's worth!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »