Home

Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

This is a discussion on Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #65
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Aces 2.0 Sliders **Low Scoring**

Well, I just played another game that I was actually hoping to lose. I'm not going to type up all the stats for this one though, just some.

I didn't lose, but it was a great game still. I still did very well running the ball with an average running back... I'm worried I'll do too good running with someone like AP... but I guess... AP does really good as AP too :P

Arizona (user) - 27
San Diego (cpu) - 20

----

Matt Leinart: 15-26, 300 yards, 1 td
Philip Rivers: 18-34, 315 yards, 2 td, 1 int

Beanie Wells: 24 att, 149 yards, 6.2 avg, 2 td (one was a 59 yard run... take that away and I went 23 att, 90 yards, 3.9 avg)
Ryan Matthews: 16 att, 62 yards, 3.8 avg (He destroyed me in the first half with a 8.0 avg... then I shut him down in the second half)

Larry Fitzgerald: 5 rec, 109 yards, td
Steve Breaston: 4 rec, 75 yards
Legedu Naanee: 5 rec, 108 yards
Vincent Jackson: 4 rec, 111 yards, 1 td

Cardinals D: 0 sacks, 1 int, 0 ff, 0 fr
Chargers D: 0 sacks, 0 int, 2 ff, 2 fr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #66
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I started a franchise with these sliders (slow speed), and my first game was the best one I've had in Madden 11. I don't want to spend 60+ minutes to play just one game, so I went with 8 minute quarters. I won't get enough plays to get completely realistic stats, but I don't care. I want to have fun.

I was the Broncos, playing in Jacksonville. It was raining hard, which led to a few dropped passes and fumbles (which was great, I'm not complaining!). They returned the opening kickoff for a TD, and they had a 7-6 lead at the half.

I got the ball with about 5 minutes left in the fourth, down 14-6. I had a good drive and scored my first TD of the season. I went for the two-point conversion, and was successful.

On the following kickoff, the ball got knocked out of the returner's hands and I scooped it up and dove into the end zone.

I won, 21-14.

Thanks for this set!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #67
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

Can anyone confirm for me that this has fixed kick returning? With Percy Harvin on default All-Pro sliders you can pretty much return 2 kicks per game. Oh and, realistic tackling numbers too? No more corners having more tackles than backers?

Last edited by smlmeyer; 08-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

***MY Madden froze for some reason so I had to restart my franchise. I am 1-0 so far using the Panthers***

In my first game against the Giants, I won in OT but I lost Steve Smith for 4 Weeks. In my second game, I played the Buccaneers. Here are the stats.

NFL Scoreboard - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (CPU) at Carolina Panthers (Me)
August 16, 20101234F
Tampa Bay Buccaneers77
Carolina Panthers6871738
Top Performers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Stats
WR Reggie Brown - 3 Rec. 77 Yards 1 TD
HB Carnell Williams - 21 Car. 68 Yards 0 TD
Carolina Panthers - Stats
HB Deangelo Williams - 25 Car. 131 Yards 0 TD
HB Jonathan Stewart - 10 Car. 112 Yards 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
TBCAR
First Downs715
3rd Down Efficiency3-144-12
4th Down Efficiency0-10-0
Total Yards338441
Passing Yards157121
Rushing Yards74262
Penalties-Penalty Yards4-321-10
Turnovers20
Time of Possession21:4230:18
Scoring Summary
First QuarterTBCAR
TB2:53R.Brown 70 Yd pass from J.Freeman(C.Barth kick)70
CAR0:07J.Stewart 2 Yd Run(missed kick)76
Second QuarterTBCAR
CAR0:32B. LaFell 35 Yd pass from M. Moore(2pt)714
Third QuarterTBCAR
CAR0:52J. Stewart 9 Yd run(J.Kasay kick)721
Fourth QuarterTBCAR
CAR7:23J.King 6 Yd pass from M. Moore(J.Kasay kick)728
CAR6:23J.King 14 Yd pass from M. Moore(J.Kasay kick)735
CAR0:01J. Kasay 20 Yd FG738
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Josh Freeman12/2617812
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Carnell Williams21683.20
Derrick Ward242.00
Earnest Graham122.00
Carolina Panthers
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Matt Moore10/2313430
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
DeAngelo Williams251315.20
Jonathan Stewart1011211.22
Matt Moore1 1919.00

NOTES: Without Steve Smith, my receivers sucks and it showed. Run game was phenomenal. Just completely dominated a weaker team. Seriously, you guys need to try these sliders.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #69
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

I'm also iffy on the breakaway speed factor. The principle behind 65 threshold seems completely great, but some players are just flat out faster than others and should run away from them. My perception of this setting is that it won't make that not happen when it should but it will make it not happen when it shouldn't. Like, I shouldn't at the drop of a hat kick into gear and be gone but if I've got room to run, I should fly by the slower players. Oh and why are bad running backs slipping the tackles of Kevin Williams? Not juking, but flat-out shedding an arm tackle. That doesn't seem logical nor probable to me.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had the same problem and just lower the BTK for the CPU down by 2 until you feel comfortable with it.

Any ideas on how to get sacks? I usually don't blitz and just use a four man rush most of the time.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just used these for the first time. Was a bit concerned when it was 24-17 at halftime, but the game finished at (lions, user)34-24(bills, cpu) so it wasn't that bad.

It was 3-3 after the 1st, then on the first play of the second I got a pass knocked down at the line which a D-Lineman caught and gave the Bills a 10-3 lead. I drove down the field and tied it up on a 53 yard bomb to C. Johnson Jr on 3rd and 16, sweet play. I went up 17-10 but on the first play after that, they ran the wildcat and Marshawn took the end around, broke 4 tackles, and took it 79 yards to the house. 17-17. I scored yet again with 30 seconds left in the half to make it 24-17.

After that, no one scored in the 3rd, and I added a touchdown and field goal in the 4th. On the last play of the game they threw a hail mary and lee evans came down with it somehow in a big crowd of people, which was pretty cool to watch. Other than that it would've been 34-17.

I passed for over 400 yards with Stafford, which is the only time I've gone for over 400 in this game so far. And I'm using 9 minute quarters with 25 second runoff.

J. Best didn't have a great running game, probably the worst I've had so far, 19 carries for 63 yards, pretty off game. But it was cool to not be guaranteed a 100 yard game. The CPU ran the ball pretty well, between Jackson and that long run by Lynch, they wound up with 150 yards, the most I've ever had against me in any Madden. So Kudos to you on the run game.

My issue was passing, the cpu did about as well as you'd expect them to. But my guys could not get pressure at all whatsoever. Edwards often had 10 full seconds to pass, and it's impossible to cover guys that long. So that was something I hope i see differently when I used a team with a better pass rush.

My biggest gripe was J. Best caught 6 passes for 204 yards. I used gameflow all game so it's not like I abused any plays. No gameplan either, just default gameflow. But the 4 screen passes he caught went for 63, 52, 39, and 47 yards. I'm not sure what that was all about. Pretty random though, can't say that's happened before. Are screen passes just really easy this year? Is it something with the sliders? Or is it just that the Bills suck?

I specifically took two bottom rung teams to see how the game would play, if I'd miss my targets constantly, etc. It felt like a good game though, aside from the passing game being a bit too easy for me, and my guys unable to garner anything resembling a pass rush. It was a pretty good game. I'll be trying a few more with this slider set and hoping for some lower scores and more defense.

Thank you for your hard work and effort on these, much appreciated Ace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm at halftime in my second game and hopefully Ace or someone else can suggest some changes for me. I'm the Eagles at Chicago, and I'm winning 45-3, at halftime, 9 minute quarters, 25 second runoff.

Running the ball is very tough, which I like. The CPU runs the ball pretty well too, which I also like.

But the passing game is outta control. I've yet to play as the Eagles in Madden 11. I usually do random teams when I'm figuring out sliders that way it's a blind study. I have no advantages going into the match up if I've never used the team before. Kolb, in the first half is 12/16 289yds 4TD's, 0 picks.

On the flip side, Cutler is 8/20 81yds 1 TD 2 INT

I don't mind opposing QB's having a bad game, that's realistic. Especially since they've been playing catch up since the 1st quarter when I unleashed 31 points on them. So I'm okay with that too.

I have 36 yards on the ground, McCoy on 5 carries, Maclin with an end around 12 yard touchdown. So that's right. It just seems HUM passing needs some changes. The CPU is getting plenty of pressure on me. And I basically pass only to the open guy, I don't look for a certain guy every play or decide who the ball is going to beforehand. I scan the field and find the most open player. Unfortunately, every time I find the open player, it's lights out. Hank Baskett is probably the slowest receiver I think I've ever used, but I still managed an 85 yard touchdown with him. He caught it on a corner route about 15 yards from the LOS and he was so open no one could catch him, despite how slow he is.

So I guess at this point it's just tweaking the HUM offense but I'm not sure if I should move the CPU pass defense up or the HUM passing offense down? I am loving how the game plays in the other facets. CPU is fulfilling their part of the "low scoring" that these sliders have in their title. But my passing is just a bit too crisp and easy right now. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »