Home

dpmx21's CPU vs. CPU SLIDERS

This is a discussion on dpmx21's CPU vs. CPU SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: dpmx21's CPU vs. CPU SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp68
Theoretically, yes. I tried it at 70 and didn't notice much of a difference. I see a lot of people swear by 100. If you do some experimentation, let us know what you find.
I will post some stats from before and after speed changes tonight. I think I have made it through seven games so a decent amount of data to compare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #42
Rookie

Here is my stats from six games (stats figured per game) with the speed threshold at 60 (on left) compared to three games with the speed threshold at 100 (on right). The big plays is rushing and receiving 20+ yards combined although there is probably a few more because I could only go off of longest reception instead of every reception that was over 20 yards. It always seems like there are quite a few more big plays and I was actually surprised that the numbers were as low as they were. I am playing a fantasy draft league so all the teams should be close to the same ratings minus injuries. I think I am going to play a few more games with the speed threshold at 100 and see if the numbers stay around the same. Comparing stats to the NFL season last year, it looks like all offensive stats are little on the high side (not by much to the top stats) but defense looks to be pretty good.

Passing 304 - 247
Pass Rating 100.2 - 108.7
Yards P. Catch 16.15 - 14.82
Rushing 135 - 114.3
Yards P. Rush 4.8 - 4
Big Offense Plays 4 - 3
My Turnovers 2.2 - 1.3

Big Plays Given Up 2.5 - 2.7
Sacks 2.5 - 3.3
There Turnovers 2 - 2.7

My Score 34 - 30
There Score 21.7 - 13
Record 5 – 1 to 2 - 1
Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Love the analysis! Keep it coming! Again, all of your stats are based on CPU vs CPU only play right?
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

That's a definite improvement. Might just be the small sample size, but it looks like things are headed in the right direction.

All of the Madden/NCAA games seem to suffer from DB's letting the play get behind them too often. To a degree there is only so much you can do with preventing big plays. One of these years/decades they will get the logic right.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manooly
Love the analysis! Keep it coming! Again, all of your stats are based on CPU vs CPU only play right?
manooly, this is just CPU vs CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp68
That's a definite improvement. Might just be the small sample size, but it looks like things are headed in the right direction.

All of the Madden/NCAA games seem to suffer from DB's letting the play get behind them too often. To a degree there is only so much you can do with preventing big plays. One of these years/decades they will get the logic right.
dp68, I agree that the sample size is on the slim side but I wanted to throw out some stats but will continue to update as more games are played. I have also noticed at times, WRs will run like a streak and the defense will let them get behind them right off the line. Annoying but as you said, not much you can do to prevent that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

The NFL season is going on .Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling.
www.jersey-boys.com
Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Right USoR. I'm hoping Patch 1.03 will fix some of the logic problems with the secondary. (And give us the option to turn off those annoying replays)

If they can get the DB logic working better, we should be able to get a much better set of sliders without drastic inputs.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #48
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5

Testing 100 speed threshold and 65 reaction time for pass D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »