Home

Realistic Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Realistic Sliders

I edited and made tweaks to the slider set again, as I've managed to control passing more on both sides without having incredibly horrible QB play that reflects their stats even better, so the difference can be told more between a great QB like Drew Brees and an average QB like an Alex Smith.

Also, I adjusted the catch ratings in much the same light so that it would be so that great/good receivers such as a Steve Smith won't be affected much by the slider, while those pesky 3rd-4th-5th string slot receivers won't cause as much damage. Receivers will also drop the ball more often when being hit on the catch. So basically I've worked to improve the pass game, in other words, more realistic.

I also raised the rate of broken tackles some, why? Because NO ONE was breaking tackles, my corners were bringing Brandon Jacobs down with ease and my RB's had the same story. So by bumping it up some to where it is now, bad tacklers will have more trouble taking down big power backs or speedy finesse backs but the Jon Beasons and most of the LB core as well as the Safeties (which are usually good/great tacklers) can still take RB's down single handedly.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Rookie

I tweaked some things (yes again), I made user running a bit harder, also made passing difficult as well. Some other things were changed as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog323
I tweaked some things (yes again), I made user running a bit harder, also made passing difficult as well. Some other things were changed as well.

I'm scared to tries these because if there better then Mikeowenz then i'm going to freak out.....hmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
Rookie

Believe or not I never tried Mike's sliders (I tried Ace's and they didn't work for me that well, but it got me in the right direction. Their not perfect yet though (no such thing as perfect sliders, but they're getting there).

I would like to warn you however, I play with the Panthers (obviously), that means some of the running sliders may be too hard for teams with average running backs (We got Double Trouble). Its rather hard to get the sliders right when you have 2 great Rb's and a good 3rd-4th stringers.

Just tell me what you think and post some stats of your game here, I want some opinions and feedback.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are these coach mode sliders? If not i will give them a try.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Rookie

No, these are not coach mode sliders. So give them a try. I'm playing a pretty great game against the Giants right now, its 0-0 in the 2nd Quarter right now.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Ok cool I'll post my results in a little while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
Rookie

2 questions srry.
1. What is your game speed?
2. And why do you recommend auto strafe and sprint off?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »