Home

Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

This is a discussion on Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Finally I found THE PERFECT MADDEN 11 GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE

I don't know what's going on. The broken tackles aren't happening that much in my games. I even got stopped behind the LOS many times. Are you using the protect ball button? I use it often instead of always trying to break tackles because juking and trucking will often cause fumbles.

Last edited by 13thwonder; 09-18-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #18
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm not trying to knock on them but they are far from being realistic. Maybe you guys have a different play style then I do.

Screen play goes for 70+ TD by the CPU.
Shawn Green breaks insane tackles and runs for a 60+ TD.

The game speed is too slow and the speeds are not accurate for realism. If you sit in the pocket long enough, almost 100% of the time you'll find a receiver open. I tried sitting on a DE and letting the CPU do the clean up; not working out too well. I don't understand what approach you are going for here. Are these sliders targeting players that are really bad in Madden or just average players with house rules. I can promise you, I'm not God in madden but with these sliders I get mixed emotions.

The best sliders I've come across are bills realism sliders for M11. I've been using them for over a month now and they seem to work pretty damn good even though they're in beta phase. Since the last patch, EA screwed a few things that has kept us from moving forward. I can assure you, the couch sliders bill posted are working really good for me in play mode. Here's the last message I got from Bill after the patch.

I was wrong about 1.2-- it did change game balance. Much to my surprise, it actually improved the CPU offense. So I blew lots of time balancing to 1.1, and now it's off again (offense is 5-10% too high).

I'm going to wait for the next major patch to drop before I do any further testing. I expect the devs to adjust zone defense A.I. significantly, which will be a major change to game balance.

I've never met anyone that puts so much work into adjusting sliders and making the game feel real. Bill Harris is by far the key to cracking madden realism. I appreciate how hard a lot of you work on sliders. These sliders are far too easy and ridiculous at times.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
Pro

Ankido's Arena

Let me be more clear about the mixed emotions. I'm playing Colts vs Jets. Jet's get holding 3 times in a row and looking at 1st and very long. Next play it's a bomb for a first down. This is where the slow vs 100 threshold factor is in play. The following play I sack the quarterback with ease. Green runs the ball breaking tackles as if he's Walter Payton. This is all followed by a few holding calls and another first down miracle bomb. I just don't see the balance in the game at all. Maybe try adjusting the sliders with fast speed and 100 threshold. Also fix the breaking tackles and see how it all plays out.

I almost feel like I'm playing an arcade style football with these ridiculous plays happening. I also noticed Bill Harris had his holding set at 65 but not many holding calls were happening. With your sliders, there are far too many. I'm a bit confused.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

^ It's not about being good or bad. I AM somewhat Godlike when I'm playing Madden online or against a human opponent, haha. BUT when I'm playing in Franchise mode I'm not playing ANYTHING like I do against other humans. And I actually get more enjoyment out of the game playing conservatively and holding back on franchise mode with sliders. Trust me dude, I've tried almost every one of the sliders on these forums. There are ALWAYS gonna be house rules (going against what the creator of these sliders said). Bottom line is right now the game is severely broken and there are no such thing as perfect sliders. Some sliders work better for other people, some don't. Also, using gameflow with the custom gameplans plays a HUGE part in realistic sliders doing their job. I'm not sure if you're using them or not but that could be making the difference.

As far as switching to fast speed...WUT? That would really make the game feel arcade-ish and also have a huge drawback on certain animations.

Sadly even though I'm loving these sliders now I probably will have to move on to a different set in a few days to a week. The game just keeps changing too much (somehow) for one set of sliders to be and stay effective. Playmaker's sliders were awesome (and I'd argue for him being the hardest working slider creator on the forums) but now they're all jacked up since the last roster up date. Skill level doesn't play a part in how successful each set of sliders are though. It's all about play style. It's the reason why a guy who is 1-11 can beat a guy who is 20-2 online.

Last edited by 13thwonder; 09-18-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm new to changing sliders. Can I assume you are changing both the Player and CPU skills to the same values?

Nevermind - Bettle stated they were the same in his post. I guess I need to read a little better.

Last edited by CudjoeBill; 09-19-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Found my answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

My running backs are breaking way too many tackles, that needs to be fix and they are a little unrealistic feeling
Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ankido

where can I find bill Harris sliders for M11?,all I can find are his
M10 set.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #24
Pro

Ankido's Arena

I think Bill removed the coaching sliders because of the patch. I think there's a patch this week and if so, Bill stated he will work on the sliders again. Right now there's nothing we can do and it really sucks. I'm getting tired with M11 and the unrealistic game flow. This is getting old. Keep an eye on his sliders. I would post the coaching sliders he sent me via email but I'm going to leave it alone since he feels it's not worth posting. I honestly feel the sliders give good game outcomes. Message billharris and ask for the sliders. I wouldn't giving them out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »