Home

JA's Greatest Sliders

This is a discussion on JA's Greatest Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: JA's Greatest Sliders

What are your stats like man?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

playing Ravens Vs Jets, trying to get a defensive battle, and it is now 0-0 after the first. Ravens= 51 total yards, Jets= 14. 1 turnover so far with a Cromartie INT.

Will post more after the game.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:47 AM   #11
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

I'll probably try these out tomorrow. The low User QBA scares me a bit but I'll try about anything nowadays. Are you seeing a ridiculous amount of CPU broken tackles?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #12
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

i only had time for a half, but i felt that these really have some potential. i played as the phins vs. the ravens. i avoided a rivalry matchup for obvious reasons and wanted to play a difficult team defensively. it wound up ravens 14 me 7.

the defense was really challenging (at least for my level of play), and they managed to pick me off twice. one was completely my fault, but the other was just dumb luck...my qb threw the ball right into the dt that was tackling him. horrible timing on my part.

i'll try and play a full game with these tomorrow and let you know.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Donny
I'll probably try these out tomorrow. The low User QBA scares me a bit but I'll try about anything nowadays. Are you seeing a ridiculous amount of CPU broken tackles?
With the QB accuracy low you really have to go through your options, and know when not to throw into coverage, or even learn to take a sack if you need to. Also, with the pass blocking down, it makes it that much more intense. These are more difficult than the normal sliders, but that's how I like it. Madden is no fun to me unless I have a chance to lose and I have to make every play count. I can still throw for 350 and 4 TD's with passing teams like the Packer's but only once in awhile and it feels much more rewarding knowing that it didn't come easy.

I have tested these with almost every team, and have had games where I've scored 40+ points, and also games where I've been under 10. The fluxuation is great as it seems you never really know what kind of game it will be.

I am loading up my franchise now and I will post stats when I'm done.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
Rookie

another thing to add is that I call fair catch more often than not on punt returns, or I end up with too good of field position way too often. Sort of a built in "house rule".
Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
Rookie

I might lower the CPU's run reaction because they've been getting a lot of tackles on me for a loss. I am going to research the NFL average and compare it, it seems high, maybe down to 45. Let me know what you guys think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
Rookie

Green Bay (me) VS Chicago (cpu)

score= GB 26- CHI-10
total OFF= 395-217
rushing yrd= 100- 31
passing yrd= 295- 186
First Downs= 18-8
TO's= 2-3

A bit lopsided for me, but trust me, I have lost the Bears before with these settings.

If anyone wants player stats I'll post them. Clay Mathews was POG with 6 solo 2 assists, fumble caused and fumble recovered. Charles Woodson had an INT, and Tramon Williams forced a fumble and recovered it. Both my INT's were in the first quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »