Home

15 Min. Sliders for All-Madden-caliber users and Realistic Stat Seekers

This is a discussion on 15 Min. Sliders for All-Madden-caliber users and Realistic Stat Seekers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 15 Min. Sliders for All-Madden-caliber users and Realistic Stat Seekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo
all i see is one of them for each sub category.
On the first page of this thread, my original post has all of my settings/sliders.

I have updated the original post due to feedback and my own gameplay experience. This was done so anyone new to this thread will see the latest version of my settings/sliders (and won't have to read all of the replies that I've made if they don't want to).
Old 09-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

maybe it is funny.

http://www.canada-jerseys.com/NFL-Jerseys/
Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #19
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

would try these but you didnt post all your user sliders. Ex. pass accuracy etc. Can you post them all for the user?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
would try these but you didnt post all your user sliders. Ex. pass accuracy etc. Can you post them all for the user?
Oh, OK. I see now that that's what RajonRondo wanted to know too. I forgot to include all of the Player Skill user sliders because I only listed the ones that I changed. Sorry about that guys.

I have now included ALL of the user skill sliders in the original post. I will also list them here for you and RajonRondo and everyone else:

PLAYER SKILL SUBCATEGORIES: (access them by highlighting the specific category and pressing X for PS3)

Passing
QB Accuracy- 25 (Default setting at 15-level passing)
Pass Block – 25 (Default)
WR Catching – 27 (At 15-level passing, you can't increase this value anymore than 27 without being taken down to 14-level passing. So 27 it is.)

Rushing
Broken Tackles – 30 (Default at 14-level rushing)
Run Block – 32 (At 14-level rushing ... Same as the above explanation.)
Fumbles – 30 (Default)

Pass
Defense
Reaction Time – 30 (Default at 14-level pass defense)
Interceptions – 30 (Default)
Pass Rushing – 32 (At 14-level pass defense ... Same as the above.)

Rushing Defense
Reaction Time – 30 (Default at 14-level rushing defense)
Block Shedding - 32 (At 14-level rush defense ... Same as the above.)
Tackling – 30 (Default)

-----------------
Thanks for making me aware of this and thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by tmack85ive; 09-23-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 AM   #21
Rookie

As an aside, I will just make everyone aware that my greatest concern with my the latest version of my sliders is passing completion percentage.

I just lost a game to the 49ers - fair and square, no complaints - where Alex Smith only completed 13 of 28 passes (46%) although he did throw for 196 yards (7 yards per pass). Smith is a career 56% passer, so technically, he should've completed at least three more passes (16-28, which would've put him at 57%). The yards per pass he had in the game is actually higher than his career 6.0 YPA. In addition, his receivers only dropped 1 pass and he was only sacked once, so he had time.

I'm in the midst of playing a franchise with the Eagles and through 5 games, Kolb has completed 59% of his almost-200 pass attempts. That's pretty good, if not a tiny bit low. Sure enough, when looking at the all the starting QBs in my franchise, the QB with the highest completion percentage was Donovan McNabb with 65%. In addition, only about 8 QBs had 60% or higher completion percentages. Now, I know that's on the low side and the stats prove it:

- In 2009, 21 qualified QBs completed at least 60% of their passes with Drew Brees leading the way at 70%. A total of eight QBs threw for over 65%.
- So far this season, 18 qualified QBs completed at least 60% of their passes with Brees leading again at 74%. Nine QBs are over 65% and THREE (Brees, Manning and Gerrard) are over 70%.
- Since 1989, the NFL leader in completion percentage was over 65% in all but TWO years (1998 and 1990).

The thing is - I played an entire season in franchise mode with NO changes in user or CPU sliders where the top number for completion percentage was about 65% too. I think Tom Brady had that number.

My question is - is lower completion percentages in franchise mode par for the course for everyone else too? I get the feeling that it might not even be worth it to try to make the very, very, very minor tweaks to get percentages up (without the yards per attempt being shot to hell) because it appears that they'll always be on the lower side in sim games anyway.

I have to play a few more games before I consider increasing CPU QB accuracy, but, right now, it looks like I'm going to have to eventually. If anyone has any other radical solutions/suggestions to this issue, let me know. Better yet, if you play/played with the sliders, let me know what the CPU completion percentages are in your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #22
Rookie

T-mack thanks for the post! i was excited to see that someone had come up with realistic settings for 15 min quarters, as i have been trying come up with something for about 2 weeks now. I just wish you had experimented more before making such an elaboate post.

I tried all your versions so far and after a day's work here's what i got:

v.1 - too high scoring, final score of 47-40. cpu had 631 yards to my 400. only reason i came close was because of 2 kickoff return tds.

v.2 - wacky subs. defensinve starters were out of the game by mid 3rd quarter, to be replaced by 2nd and 3rd stingers and my receiving corp. was close but got blown out due to the subs. score and yardage were still too high as well.

v.3 - lil better but....qb accuracy is wayy off. my opposing qb only competed 29% of his passes.

here's list of problems w/ ur sliders:

- player min threshold still to low, results in too many big plays for 15 min
- penalties are too high, cpu had 10 holds for 100 yards in v.3 game
- injuries too low, even at one person's recommended 35. had 0 injuries in 3 games.
- no need to skew off the pass blocking/qb accuracy. that's the reason for the low completion %. also results in too many sacks on user(7 to their 1 in v.2.1. game)

So, i made my own and guess what? 22-20 final, 119 plays, 600 comblined yards. had 1 kickoff return for td. TRY THESE FOR SIZE IF U WANT A REALISTIC GAME ON 15 MIN QUARTERS. I am 27 and have been playing madden since nintendo 64 so i am definitely no rookie by any means.

Player Skill
14 pass
14 run
14 pass d
14 rush d

quarter 15 min
accel clock @ 25 seconds
game speed slow
player min threshold 100

everything else is at default. im not going to go into why on everything as it is going on 5am. worked all day on this sh*t. good luck
Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #23
Rookie

Thanks for your feedback, ozzmosisJones. This may surprise you, but I'm glad that you found faults with my sliders AND configured your own settings/sliders that worked best for you based on what you felt didn't work with my configurations. That's essentially what I hoped people would get out of all of this. I'm well aware that my sliders will never satisfy everyone. If they can provide some sort of base that people can go off of than I'm content with that.

To respond to your list of problems with the sliders:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmosisJones
- player min threshold still to low, results in too many big plays for 15 min
Understandable. Essentially, player min. threshold comes down to user preference.

Quote:
- penalties are too high, cpu had 10 holds for 100 yards in v.3 game
This surprises me. In all three versions of my settings, I've never had a team get 10 penalties and/or 100 yards of penalty yardage - and that applies to both the CPU and the user. The most I've seen in a single game for a single team was probably 8 penalties for about 80 yards ... However, I personally prefer a 6-12-penalty game, but once again, this comes down to user preference.

Quote:
- injuries too low, even at one person's recommended 35. had 0 injuries in 3 games.
Another personal preference. I don't enjoy playing a franchise and losing 1-2 guys a game to multiple-week injuries. I enjoy realism, but honestly, I don't enjoy that much realism. Especially when it feels like anyone - even Brett Favre or the Manning Bros. - could go down for a month or two. But that's my personal preference.

Quote:
- no need to skew off the pass blocking/qb accuracy. that's the reason for the low completion %. also results in too many sacks on user(7 to their 1 in v.2.1. game)
You might be right about this one. Personally, I've never been sacked 7 times in any of the versions, but you may be right about the all of the tweaking being responsible for the low QB completion %.

... One of the reasons I chose to update-on-the-fly over doing more thorough experimentation before posting is because 1) I'm too ADD-addled to wait and 2) I really wanted people to see the step-by-step process of how I arrived at my settings/sliders. I also wanted the feedback, which I've received from you and others - so it was sort of like a service to me too.

With that being said, because of fatigue and real life getting in the way, I'm going to slow my own posting on this thread to a crawl. I'm going to impose a 5-7 game limit of experimentation before I post v.-2.2, which I hope will be the final version before the new patch arrives (and completely messes up all of the work I've done). In all likelihood, the only change I envision making in v.-2.2 is bumping up the CPU's QB Accuracy value because, at this point, I personally feel very good about everything else about my settings/sliders.

I'll still keep on reading everyone's feedback, so keep that coming. I appreciate it all. Thanks for your comments, ozzmosisJones, I'm glad you found a set of sliders that work for you.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
Rookie

Updated sliders are now posted. The new set is known as Version 3 (Post Patch No. 3).

It took a long time to settle on sliders after EA's latest patch, but I feel as though this gives the best, fair challenge to the user and provides the best, lifelike statistics.

Feedback is encouraged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »