Home

(> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <)

This is a discussion on (> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: (> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukredskin
what do you think is the most realistic threshold to use then?
I play slow.
Well... it's mostly personal preference really.

But as far as making things look "normal" lower thresholds ought to be matched with slower game speeds, and higher thresholds with higher game speeds. Soo... on fast you might want to use 70. On slow, 30. Normal, 50, etc.

Now... as far as how it pans out in-game, higher thresholds are better I'd say.

Regardless... stay in the 30-70 range. I have some of my favorites listed under the sliders.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just had 2 great games using these sliders (the latest ones on the first page). Playing as the Broncos, i simmed my season up to to the bye and then lost to the chiefs 24-14 and then lost to the Chargers 20-13. And this is what i loved. I lost because i made mistakes. I can't stand this game when i lose because i feel like the CPU has cheated.

My thoughts. Using the latest sliders running was hard. I'm pretty bad at running for some reason, and so are the Broncos so...it makes sense. I got 29 yards for a 2.5 avg against the chargers. But whatever. Human passing seems perfect, several great throws by Orton, several off target ones, but all interception were because i made poor decisions. CPU passing game was a bit too good, River was injured so Volek started and threw for 260ish yards. Kept moving it down the field on me, picking up long 3rd downs with ease. I might change to the previous ones. The game makes me mad though, because i can go against a mediocre QB who gashes me for 300 yards, and who in real life might get 200 yards max, and then i'll go against Manning or Brady or Brees and they will get 180 yards or something stupid.

Oh yeah, and i played on slow with a 64 speed threshold.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #59
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Chaos
Yeah... unfortunately nobody can fix their playcalling, that's why I strongly recommend use of gameplans, which EA screwed up with the patch according to multiple people.

Try the new passing sliders on the first page though... might help.

That's why I tested so long before releasing any sliders... I could only really drill the sliders down based on when teams were playing a little like themselves as far as playcalling is concern, which means throwing out alot of games sometimes =/

Gameplanning would have sped that process up, but I lacked a sufficiently size USB stick at the time to do all the transferring and such.

And I might have lied about the speed threshold I put up yesterday... it might have been 66, NOT 67... err.... or I could have just forgot to save. Hard to confirm such a small change, rofl... I remember what I did to get the number though, so I'm pretty sure I used 67 and not 66.
are gameplans accessible only through dynasty or something because i've only been playing 'play now' games and i've never seen where they could be altered.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
are gameplans accessible only through dynasty or something because i've only been playing 'play now' games and i've never seen where they could be altered.
Press "X" when on play now for the X360. Not sure what that is on PS3 if youre on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikiuk
I just had 2 great games using these sliders (the latest ones on the first page). Playing as the Broncos, i simmed my season up to to the bye and then lost to the chiefs 24-14 and then lost to the Chargers 20-13. And this is what i loved. I lost because i made mistakes. I can't stand this game when i lose because i feel like the CPU has cheated.

My thoughts. Using the latest sliders running was hard. I'm pretty bad at running for some reason, and so are the Broncos so...it makes sense. I got 29 yards for a 2.5 avg against the chargers. But whatever. Human passing seems perfect, several great throws by Orton, several off target ones, but all interception were because i made poor decisions. CPU passing game was a bit too good, River was injured so Volek started and threw for 260ish yards. Kept moving it down the field on me, picking up long 3rd downs with ease. I might change to the previous ones. The game makes me mad though, because i can go against a mediocre QB who gashes me for 300 yards, and who in real life might get 200 yards max, and then i'll go against Manning or Brady or Brees and they will get 180 yards or something stupid.

Oh yeah, and i played on slow with a 64 speed threshold.
See... that's what pisses me off about Madden as well. I can go from having Manning, Brady, and Rodgers in the 400s, literally go to "restart game" at the quit menu, and have them throw 3 picks and 150 yards occasionally. That was happening alot less when I started using gameplans (yet still occasionally occurred), but now... hell... it's hard to peg. I've dropped the CPU to 57/59/39 if you havn't seen that change though. It keeps things reasonable for the most part from what I've tested so far (about 5 games).

Be a minute before I look into the passing game further, as I feel like the running game is what really needs focus now.

I've done alot of slider jacking for the cpu, as well as some drops for the user. Expect that set later tonight. With that said... I've come to find that the CPU's run reaction slider is alot less useful now than it has seemed in the past...

I've had the user passing game nailed for a while now though. Bout the only thing I'm actually proud of

Think I did pretty well with the CPU pass defense... the remaining problems I see there are game code issues (deep middle passes for example)

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #61
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Press "X" when on play now for the X360. Not sure what that is on PS3 if youre on that.
i heard that the latest patch messed things up for gameplanning so i'm wasting my time editing those, right?

Quote:
I've done alot of slider jacking for the cpu, as well as some drops for the user. Expect that set later tonight.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
i heard that the latest patch messed things up for gameplanning so i'm wasting my time editing those, right?
Yep, supposedly.

And like I was saying about the run reaction slider being a tad useless (after a certain point at least)

I put it to 100, just to see what would happen, and had 200 yards rushing... I didn't particularly notice the CPU running any faster...

Block Shedding has a readily noticeable effect though thankfully, so I just have to find a reasonable balance there between X rusher shedding Y blocker, and we'll be peachy (it's in the upper 40s, I'm fairly sure... perhaps low 50s)

I also want to see if the tackling slider effects tackling distance as well, because what I'm having the CPU do alot is be VERY close to a ballcarrier and not attempt a tackle (this is a BIG part of the reason for the "easy" running game, and for the CPU not being able to stop a completed deep pass from what I can see). You'd THINK reaction would have to do with this, but it doesn't appear to.

I'm gonna warn you guys... some of the problems were seeing are looking like their too far into the realm of the game's core for sliders to fix... and believe me I'll try, but I won't make any promises.

And in light of all this negative, here's a positive. I just had Joseph Addai run back to back games where he averaged almost 3 YPC against my Steelers (that's dead on realistic playing Vs. me)

Edit: More positive... I'm seeing alot of stalemate battles on the line when running between the Jets and Steelers, which is perfect, because what you have there is arguably the best O line in football against the best front 7 in football. I'm also seeing a heap of 2-4 yard runs. Ideally I'd want to do Steelers Vs Ravens but, testing in rivalry games is semi-pointless, so this is as good as it gets. I might trade Peyton Manning to the Jets and use them as my primary test team actually, as the only real weakness on the jets in QB. They're solid everywhere else. The safeties leave a bit to be desired, but they get the job done.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

See... that's what pisses me off about Madden as well. I can go from having Manning, Brady, and Rodgers in the 400s, literally go to "restart game" at the quit menu, and have them throw 3 picks and 150 yards occasionally. That was happening alot less when I started using gameplans (yet still occasionally occurred), but now... hell... it's hard to peg. I've dropped the CPU to 57/59/39 if you havn't seen that change though. It keeps things reasonable for the most part from what I've tested so far (about 5 games).

Be a minute before I look into the passing game further, as I feel like the running game is what really needs focus now.

I've done alot of slider jacking for the cpu, as well as some drops for the user. Expect that set later tonight. With that said... I've come to find that the CPU's run reaction slider is alot less useful now than it has seemed in the past...

I've had the user passing game nailed for a while now though. Bout the only thing I'm actually proud of

Think I did pretty well with the CPU pass defense... the remaining problems I see there are game code issues (deep middle passes for example)
dude i really know what u mean. u think u got the sliders perfect then all of the sudden for no reason your numbers are going down way too much for like 3 games in a row. thats why i kind of just had to say well its as good as im going to get it on a couple of my sliders just because i think i have tested them out on just about every dang number that it can be lol so i pretty much know how the game plays with different combinations of numbers. at least in cpu vs cpu mode.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #64
Banned

Updated the front page guys. Lots of changes. Some small, some medium. Nothing huge as, I feel like I was close with the first slider set, and only a few things needed tweaking for whatever the hell happened to the balance I had found in the first place.

And I'm glad somebody already complained about the running because I wanted to say this: your peers asked for it, lol.

Honestly though... I feel pretty good about the run game now. I saw alot less **** runs going on (which... at one point earlier today I was seeing several 50+ yard runs a game, occurring at least once, every game...).

Running the ball goes like this in football... sometimes it sucks (2> yards), sometimes its the lesser of two evils (~3 yards), and sometimes its pure money (3.9< yards). That's how I want my sliders to be, and I think I'm at least close to em being that way. The thing that Madden screws up is where emphasis should lie. The first 5 yards of any run is pretty much pure line play. How talented a RB is determines what goes on after that.

In Madden however, somehow they think the first 5 yards is determined by how many unreasonable broken tackles the RB can make while simultaneously taking the ball from the QBs hands only to bowl over a lineman a two and then streak down the field like a Ferrari bulldozer... which I guess they do for the sake of appealing to kids, arcade gamers, casual football no-nothings, or people with short attention spans (ADHD types ya know...), but it simply ain't how things really are. I was a RB... I know O.O

Also, I've now fully restored the original set. It's in brackets (Pretty sure anyway... might have flipped some numbers, but I think I got em right... I tested enough em enough to have at least remembered most of em lol)

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »