Home

Need Advice Please: Default All-Pro--Good place to start?

This is a discussion on Need Advice Please: Default All-Pro--Good place to start? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Need Advice Please: Default All-Pro--Good place to start?

Is anyone playing default All-Pro since the 1.03 patch has been released? If so, are you getting good results? I haven’t played Madden consistently since the PS2 days so I consider myself a Madden next-gen novice. I purchased this year’s game and plan to start a franchise starting with default all-pro settings.

Are there any settings/sliders that should be adjusted immediately that’s not related to a gamer’s skill level (fumbles, interceptions, etc.)? I figure I can adjust other sliders while I play to adjust to my skill level; however, sometimes there are sliders that need adjusting regardless of ones skill.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Need Advice Please: Default All-Pro--Good place to start?

I would suggest My Skill. It starts out on all pro and adjusts from there.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I would suggest My Skill. It starts out on all pro and adjusts from there.
That being said, I wouldn't stick to My Skill for too long. I have been playing it to get a baseline of where to begin. It started off easy with my MUT quarterbacked by Matt Flynn throwing for over 1,000 yards on 15 minute quarters.

I decided to play a few exhibition games to see if I could get it to straighten itself out. Well, now I'm at the point where I can't run the ball (16 rush off) and have to rely on the pass (15 pass off). Not only that but the CPU's horrid hole finding ability has given them a significant boost to break tackle (at 17 currently rush defense) and they never fumble...ever.

It turns into a game of who can air it out more (my pass defense is at 13, mostly due to the fact that they MUST PASS to get yardage) and it really annoys me. About to go find some sliders. I've had some competitive games before with them without it feeling cheap like this.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Is anyone playing default All-Pro since the 1.03 patch has been released? If so, are you getting good results? I haven’t played Madden consistently since the PS2 days so I consider myself a Madden next-gen novice. I purchased this year’s game and plan to start a franchise starting with default all-pro settings.

Are there any settings/sliders that should be adjusted immediately that’s not related to a gamer’s skill level (fumbles, interceptions, etc.)? I figure I can adjust other sliders while I play to adjust to my skill level; however, sometimes there are sliders that need adjusting regardless of ones skill.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!
I play on:
All Pro
5-7 minute quarters w/15 second runoff
Gameflow/Conventional (depends on my mood)
Game Speed - Normal
Threshold - 50 (100 before recent patch)

After several games I have to say it is good setting and based around the ratings more so than All Madden. My last 5 games have just been awesome and I hope it continues.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I play on:
All Pro
5-7 minute quarters w/15 second runoff
Gameflow/Conventional (depends on my mood)
Game Speed - Normal
Threshold - 50 (100 before recent patch)

After several games I have to say it is good setting and based around the ratings more so than All Madden. My last 5 games have just been awesome and I hope it continues.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a run and see how it goes. I usually start at default and tweak from there based on my skill level but I wanted to know upfront if there is anything significantly out of balance with default sliders that are beyond the users talent/skill level. Hopefully that makes sense. Really glad to hear you're having great games with the need for drastically edited sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

I play default All-Pro.
9 minutes and 20 sec ro.

My only problem is that I have too good result on kick off returns.
But I don´t know how to change it.
I want Devin Hester to be a threat but he has 4 kicks returned for TD on my 2 last games!

Otherwise it works perfect for me.

I suggest you try it out and make small adjustments.

Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »