Home

M2H's Coach Mode Sliders for Normalized CPU Completion %

This is a discussion on M2H's Coach Mode Sliders for Normalized CPU Completion % within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #73
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: M2H's Coach Mode Sliders for Normalized CPU Completion %

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw999
I like the speed threshold at 100. I've used 50 and 0 but it seemed like there were way too many big plays.
There may have been more big plays, but it takes away from the exceptional players who have speed. I think speed should matter, and not have everyone running at nearly the same speed. 50 is a reasonable compromise, 0 is an option as well.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 5

have you had a chance to make any updates?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #75
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
have you had a chance to make any updates?
I used the playoffs in my franchise for testing. Wild card weekend with one set, divisional weekend with another, and the championships and SB with a third. No drastic changes each time. I went 2-2 in wild card games, 2-2 in divisional, 1-1 in the championships, and lost the SB for an overall 4-5 postseason record. I've definitely got things where winning is a challenge, but things are still a work in progress because I'm not entirely happy with the stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #76
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Current settings (work in progress)

Made the special teams changes suggested above and changed speed threshold to 60.

HUM/CPU

QBA 17/70
PBK 81/70
WRC 41/45
BTK 10/0
RBK 80/59
FUM 60/55
PDRT 35/82
INT 10/1
PR 35/40
RDRT 61/41
BKS 21/9
TAK 81/71
Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #77
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

The three games played with the above settings:

CPU: Baltimore

34 years after the Oilers last played for the AFC Championship, Matt Schaub's
game-ending bomb to Andre Johnson sends a Houston team to the Super Bowl
for the first time.

This should have been Arian Foster FTW, but there was more drama in store.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/56681558
Game Over, man!

L: Extra effort got Jordy nelson into the end zone for the game's first score. R: The Skins got on the board with Marcus Lattimore's 8 yard burst.

L: Brian Orapko closes in on Aaron Rodgers for one of his two sacks. R: Getting upended sent Chris Cooley past the first down marker to keep a scoring drive alive.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII

The 48th Super Bowl was the first one played outside in cold weather.

No miraculous finish for the Texans this time. After rallying Houston from down 28-10 to 28-23, Matt Schaub lost a fumble when he was sacked by Phillip Dillard at the Green Bay 16 with 52 seconds to go. MVP Aaron Rodgers may now be truly following in Brett Favre's footsteps, carving his own way toward Canton.

Green Bay got an early scare when Aaron Rodgers was shaken up. Matt Flynn threw a pick during Rodger's absence.

L: Direll Roberts makes a diving 44 yard catch. R: Andre Johnson eludes Charles Woodson for a long TD.

L: Comeback fumbled: Matt Schaub loses the handle on Phillip Dillard's sack. R: Rodgers hoists the hardware.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #78
JVM
Banned

What is it about the stats that concerns you, and which team are you playing?

If the CPU is GB Packers, then I think QB accuracy is too high, Rodgers is not that accurate 2 games in a row. Otherwise, I pretty much like what I see above.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #79
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
What is it about the stats that concerns you, and which team are you playing?

If the CPU is GB Packers, then I think QB accuracy is too high, Rodgers is not that accurate 2 games in a row. Otherwise, I pretty much like what I see above.
I'd like to see the running games somewhat more productive. Not a lot, but some. Houston would have had zero rushing yards if not for Foster's TD run. But where things are now is better than the earlier games where all the backs' YPC were in the 5 range. Green Bay was the CPU both times, so yes, CPU comp. was too high, and I had a 75 OVR QB throw for 379 yards. But Canfield has consistently out-performed his ratings not matter what the settings are. Sometimes you get guys like that. Anyway, things are close enough that I'm not going to tinker with anything based on a 3 game sample. This set seems to be very sensitive to incremental changes, so I don't think there's a whole lot left to be done, just some fine-tuning.

The other thing is that there have been a lot more big plays and defensive TD's since the speed threshold was lowered.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #80
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
I'd like to see the running games somewhat more productive. Not a lot, but some. Houston would have had zero rushing yards if not for Foster's TD run. But where things are now is better than the earlier games where all the backs' YPC were in the 5 range. Green Bay was the CPU both times, so yes, CPU comp. was too high, and I had a 75 OVR QB throw for 379 yards. But Canfield has consistently out-performed his ratings not matter what the settings are. Sometimes you get guys like that. Anyway, things are close enough that I'm not going to tinker with anything based on a 3 game sample. This set seems to be very sensitive to incremental changes, so I don't think there's a whole lot left to be done, just some fine-tuning.

The other thing is that there have been a lot more big plays and defensive TD's since the speed threshold was lowered.
Big plays for both sides? CPU QB accuracy is most likely too high--Rodgers a good example.

There may be big plays, but your scores are reasonable. Have you tried a Rivalry game? When you play against a rival team, the CPU makes an extra effort to give you a challenge. Try playing against rival teams and see what happens, not just one team, but at least two rivals with one being good.

You speak of Special teams changes, where are they?

My take on speed threshold is players should react closer to real life; hence, 100 limits the athletic ability to where speed attribute is almost non existent.

Looking at your stats, I could see a possible need to help the running game.

When I start a new franchise, I will try out your sliders. Personally, I am kind of sick with this game. What EA did in "improving" the running game was have Defensive blitzes that get through the best OL without even a struggle. Playing the replays back, I see my Guard turning away from the oncoming defensive player without any reason.

One thing, changing the teams philosophy seems wrong in that certain teams are aggressive. Now, if this helps provide a better game experience for the User, then that's all that matters. However, I would hesitate to change the offensive run-pass slider--teams having a certain philosophy based on their coach is fine. I can deal with that, but it's the insane CPU run-stopping pass-blitzing getting through the greatest OL that really drives me nuts.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »