Home

what exactly does reaction time do?

This is a discussion on what exactly does reaction time do? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: what exactly does reaction time do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailtodemskins
thanks for the replies, u guys pretty much answered ma questions im just getting furstrated because every slider set i try its the same problem of gettin the cpu to consistantly sustain drives and i thought that would fix the problem......but ima keep trying

Perhaps I can help you set up your sliders to where your skill level is at.

I see that you are having issues with the cpu putting drives together and scoring on you right?

If the passing for the cpu stinks then you might want to lower your pass recognition.

If they cant run on you then raise their run blocking and lower your break block and run recognition to 0
Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Realistic play is not judge on sliders so no matter what EA says about the sliders to us, the sliders only work for the skill set of players.

The ratings are for the physical skill set of a player and sliders are for the difficulty of specific situations. Me having Peyton Manning at 99 rated and having a qb slider at 5 for accuracy is going to make my passing hard because i am making the difficulty of passing hard. But Peyton would come closer to a receiver then a Trent Edwards rated about 69 with the slider set at 5 would.

That is why 50 which is default. Is the slider that lets the ratings take into affect like they should. But just because Peyton is rated a 99 and I play on All Pro default 50 slider, it does not mean he will have the smartness of a real life Peyton and that is where EA's gameplay code is different then ratings and sliders. we have no control of how realistic a player acts on the A.I side of things.

I can have Gates catch deep passes in practice mode with default sliders and his player rating allows him to catch everything.

If I lower the wr catch to 2 then that is just going to make him drop passes because is the difficulty of the situation. But he would make more catches then a 5th receiver on the team with a 59 rating in practice mode.

That is why it is important to note that ratings are for the physical skill set of a player and sliders are for the difficulty to perform a task.
Awareness, Play Recognition, Man Coverage, and Zone coverage (to a lesser degree) have quite the noticeable effect on how a player plays, outside of any other ratings having to do with a player from a physical standpoint.

The sliders effect how effective, or ineffective, certain ratings are (as you basically stated) therefore meaning that they do play part in the realism of the game.

You could say the ratings are the direct influence over the "realism" of Madden, however because the sliders alter the effectiveness of said ratings, then it too is part of the realism equation.

If this were not true, Ike Taylor would be as good as Nnamdi Asomugha or Darrelle Revis, and he's not.

Also, we do have control over how "intelligent" a player plays on the field to some degree because of the aforementioned ratings, and the relevant sliders.

Enough control to fully correct what is obviously a flawed A.I. to begin with? Certainly not. But there is some control there. To say that there is none would be completely incorrect.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Perhaps I can help you set up your sliders to where your skill level is at.

I see that you are having issues with the cpu putting drives together and scoring on you right?

If the passing for the cpu stinks then you might want to lower your pass recognition.

If they cant run on you then raise their run blocking and lower your break block and run recognition to 0
how low is to low with pass recognition? i just lowered it to 32 and it was better but not quite there my ints are at 40 and pass rush at 45........and i almost have success with running im lowering recognition to 0 and block shedding was 25 i played at 20 for a game and felt helpless at times but they moved the ball, i will try 23 and see if thats the sweet spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #12
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

The reaction sliders are just what they say they are. It changes how fast the AI reacts to the plays pre snap (lining up properly) and after the snap. (covering receivers, getting to the running back)

It does not effect their awareness. Meaning a DB with low awareness is still going to not notice the ball coming backside, but on the flip side, it makes DBs with high awareness (Nnamdi, Revis) ridiculous because they basically know which plays you are calling and have the attributes to use that info to its upmost. Etc., for all the positions.

Think of it as how well the CPU's team practiced and prepared to play you and your game plan/tendencies.

I keep my CPUs Reaction times set between 95 and 100.

While this makes the defense react as best as they can to the pass and run. It doesn't make them any better than their ratings or the other (physical) slider settings. Defensive lineman with bad power and finesse moves aren't going to be any better at it, but they will get to the ball faster and get into their gaps/zones, so they will be more apt to make the play.

Hmmm, I may try putting everything to 50 and just Pass and Run Reaction to 100 and see how that plays.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
)

It does not effect their awareness. Meaning a DB with low awareness is still going to not notice the ball coming backside, but on the flip side, it makes DBs with high awareness (Nnamdi, Revis) ridiculous because they basically know which plays you are calling and have the attributes to use that info to its upmost. Etc., for all the positions.

While this makes the defense react as best as they can to the pass and run. It doesn't make them any better than their ratings or the other (physical) slider settings. Defensive lineman with bad power and finesse moves aren't going to be any better at it, but they will get to the ball faster and get into their gaps/zones, so they will be more apt to make the play.

Hmmm, I may try putting everything to 50 and just Pass and Run Reaction to 100 and see how that plays.
Again, if it had no effect on awareness (or rather the effectiveness of the rating) you wouldn't have craptastic players playing so spectacularly when the slider is high...

What you're trying to say is almost as if to say it only effects players with an already high awareness rating... and that's just a rather illogical assumption entirely...

Now perhaps it doesn't effect Play Recognition, but with that said, EA hasn't stated exactly what Play Recognition even does. At least theres info available about what awareness does, and the reaction sliders definitely have an effect on how effective it is on a per-player basis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »