Home

All Madden - Custom Realistic Sliders

This is a discussion on All Madden - Custom Realistic Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Post All Madden - Custom Realistic Sliders

Hey everyone, this is my first time ever posting sliders here up on Operation Sports but I am a daily lurker around here checking up on Madden 11 and NCAA 11. I used to use NYGiants Custom Skill Level 16 and they were really tough which I like but for me, the run game was non-existent for me, didn't get alot of sacks and even though I love to lose because then I know it's not easy, it still isn't fun when you go 15 carries for 33 yards and your QB goes 8/20 for 95 yards and 2 INTs.

With that being said, I have customized these sliders and they should give you a very good and realistic challenges. I have noticed that games can either be defensive games (Ex: Lost 13-10 in OT vs Bengals), regular games (Ex: Won 28-24 vs the Ravens), or once or twice a season a shootout where both teams score 35+ pts, but that rarely happens.

Ok first I am going to post the sliders/auto subs and everything and then i'll talk about the games that I get and the averages and all that.

Game Options:
Playcall Style: Gameflow
QTR Length: 12 Minutes
ACC Clock: 25 Seconds
Camera Settings: Standard
Auto Strafe: On
Auto Sprint: Off
Injuries: 35 (I actually see injuries on my franchise at 35)
Fatigue: 55
Game Speed: Very Slow (Slow works too, not sure about Normal though)
Thresold: 55 (Gives the CBs alittle bit of a more chance on stopping the WR if there both sprinting down the field)

Penalties:

Offside: 100
False Start: 80
Holding: 52
Facemask: 53
DPI: 100
OPI: 100
KR/PRI: 100
Clipping: 53
RTP: 100
RTK: 100
Now for the Human/CPU settings, here's how I did it and I noticed other sliders are doing it too. Keep it on 15 but give it a total of 75 for the 3 sliders for passing, rushing, pass defense and rush defense.

Human Settings

Passing
QB Accuracy: 20
Pass Block: 15
WR Catching: 40

Rushing
Broken Tackles: 15
Run Blocking: 35
Fumbles: 25

Pass Defense
Reaction Time: 30
INT: 10
Pass Rushing: 35

Rush Defense
Reaction Time: 10
Block Shedding: 15
Tackling: 50
--------------------------------------------
Now for CPU Sliders, all I did was bump up each of them from the human sliders +5. For example, for human it is 40 for WR Catching, so I put it to 45 for WR Catching for CPU AND all the other ones a +5 boost. If you still don't understand lol, ill post it up

CPU

Passing
QB Acc: 25
PB: 20
WR: 45

Rushing
BT: 20
RB: 40
FMB: 30

Pass Defense
RT: 35
INT: 15
PR: 40

Rush Defense
RT: 15
BS: 20
Tackling: 55

------------------------------------------------------
Special Team Sliders (I used NYGiants set for these)

FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 35
Punt Accuracy: 40
Kickoff Power: 48

------------------------------------------------------
Auto-Subs (I used NYGiants as well)
QB 45/50
RB 80/83
WR 77/82
FB/TE 71/76
OL 22/27

DT 79/84
DE 79/84
LB 65/70
CB 55/60
S 47/52

----------------------------------------------------------
House Rules
- I created myself on Def, LOLB position so I suggest choosing either LOLB, MLB or ROLB and no switching.
- No User INTs, let the CPU make the plays for you
- No B button.. yeah thats right, no spin, WRs will almost always get the last guy if theres 1 guy left on deep plays and RBs will get a very high YPC which will lead to high unrealistic scoring. If you want to make the last guy miss, try juking.
- No audibles, no changing players, plays, or moving WRs or anything. Just select gameflow and let your hands do the rest (No Homo LMAO)
- I hike the ball at around 10-12 seconds, so some more time can be off the clock
- On 2 minute drills, I try to play it realistically cuz there is no ACC clock, so if i complete like a 20 yard pass, I let the time tick down a bit, then pick my play and then hike the ball around 20 or 25 on the play clock, not at 10-12 like for the main other situations cuz ur in the 2 minute hurry up a bit but not quickly either cuz then the scores will go up even higher
- I only Spin on Wildcat plays because EA messed up the Wildcat badly in this years addition, that if not spinning about 90% of the time its a tackle for loss, at least spinning in this situation only gives you a chance to pick up 2-4 yards.
- No Hit Sticks... I just don't like it, too much of a higher chance of fumbles. I still see fumbles on these sliders and interceptions and sacks. A very reasonable amount too, hit sticks just causes way more fumbles which will just ruin the realism.

I am in week 16 of year 3 and have been using these sliders since year 1 with the Cleveland Browns using the opening day roster (Back when Peyton Hillis wasn't that good, Jerome Harrison started and with a few different LBs for Cleveland) so my team was really really awful.

Let me go through some scores to let you guys know the types of games I've been playing on these sliders. I have a few house rules I use to keep the game realistic and fun, and winning on these sliders feels real good because for me, it is real tough to win on them.

Cleveland Browns Franchise Record
2010 | 4-12
2011 | 6-10
2012 | 6-8 (Can still make the playoffs, AFC is weak this yr)

Cleveland Browns Franchise Games
1: 17-24 L @ Buccaneers
2: 7-37 L vs Chiefs
3: 19-16 OT W @ Ravens (Big win against Rival)
4: 13-10 OT L vs Bengals (No offense, tough loss in OT)
5: 6-31 L vs Falcons
6: 22-24 L @ Steelers (Missed on a 2 pt conv, ugh)
7: 24-31 L @ Saints
8: 30-24 OT W vs Patriots (Eric Wright INT Pick 6 in OT)
9: 27-11 W vs Jets
10: 10-24 L @ Jaguars
11: 14-20 L vs Panthers
12: 24-27 OT L @ Dolphins (This one hurt)
13: 31-6 W @ Bills
14: 13-28 L @ Bengals
15: 37-13 L vs Bengals
16: 49-9 L vs Steelers (Straight Embarrasment here)

2011 (Now my team is alittle better but still only an 80 OVR)

1: 6-24 L vs Texans
2: 37-34 OT W @ Rams (Scored 21 Pts in 4th to win in OT)
3: 10-38 L vs Jaguars
4: 17-22 L @ Ravens
5: 27-31 L @ Titans
6: 19-14 W vs Steelers
7: 22-45 L @ Bengals
8: 20-38 L vs Ravens
9: 17-31 L @ Steelers
10: 25-24 W @ Colts (BIG WIN, FG as time expires)
11: 3-34 L vs Cardinals (Monday Nite Blowout LOL)
12: 7-12 L @ Raiders (FRUSTRATING LOSS!!!!)
13: 28-31 L vs Bengals
14: 27-20 W vs Seahawks
15: 37-28 W vs Bills
16: 32-14 W vs 49ers

So as you can see, I was actually 3-10 and extremely frustrated but I did manage to pull off 3 W's in a row to go 6-10 and felt good and Colt McCoy started half the season cuz Delhome was just not cutting it and he earned himself a start next season which is the one I'm on.

1: 0-26 L vs Bengals (WTF)
2: 16-19 L vs Steelers (Troy Palomalu finished it with an INT late in the 4th)
3: 27-6 W @ Bills
4: 0-28 L @ Eagles (WTF X2)
5: 26-21 W vs Steelers (Good Win)
6: 17-26 L @ Chargers (On Sunday Nite too, ugh)
7: 20-28 L vs Redskins
8: 22-10 W vs Giants
9: 16-34 L @ Chiefs (Was so mad at this game)
10: 28-24 W vs Ravens (Very good win)
11: 17-39 L vs Titans (Trying to erase the memory)
12: 17-41 L vs Broncos (Damn back to back blowouts)
13: 37-10 W @ Ravens (Beat them twice this year)
14: 53-50 W @ Bengals (The most funnest game I have ever played, I have never scored this many points ever, I had just played this game yesterday too. Carson Palmer broke the Passing yd in a game record by like 15 yards in a heartbreaking loss. This game reminded me of the game they played in real life where Cleveland won like 54-48 or something like that, Ochocinco had over 200 yards receiving!!

--------------------------------------------------

After all that, the only problem is that since my defense was really awful, I gave up too many points sometimes, I was 2nd in the league in Points Allowed in each of the first 2 years but this season I'm like 10th so my def is getting better a bit.

If you don't like the sliders, or its too easy/hard or some other problems, feel free to post. Like I said this is probably my only big post i'll ever do here but I'll definitey keep up-to-date on this post if these sliders become a hit. I average about 3.5-4 YAC with them and Jake Delhome went 16 TDs and 13 INTs in a 4-12 1st season. I'm in my 3rd season and Colt McCoy is 22 TDs and 19 INTs right now, so its high risk high reward right now for my team with more TDs but more INTs, but I'm loving the gameplay this game gives me.

Last edited by CavsFan23; 01-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: All Madden - Custom Realistic Sliders

Looks good.. Glad I'm starting to see more all-madden level type sliders on here..
Old 01-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

It would be even more interesting if you tried these sliders with a good team, such as Pats, Colts, Saints, Falcons, and even Titans (CJ) to get an idea of both passing and running with very good players and how they do.

I must say these sliders seem quite fair as opposed to the many that have CPU QBA much higher than Human QB. In fact, these sliders look so interesting to me that I just have to give them a try. A few days ago I started a new franchise with updated roster and at the moment 2 games into pre-season. Pre-season games are no indication of what sliders do, but I can compare the next game or two with what I had before.

I use NYGiants auto-sub settings, but not his Special teams sliders. FG power at 17 is high enough to allow kickers with power to make long field goals. KO below 50 does not allow a strong kicker to get it into the end zone--I've been using 56. I feel Punt Power at 35 is too low, I use 50.

As for Penalties, I pretty much use what Versuz suggests because I've seen exactly what he said at any level. Injuries are also used against you if you have a good team; for example, at a setting of 30 against the Saints, my Pats had 3 players taken out of the game and the Saints? None! Not one single Saint was injured. Even my Center was injured--on my team kicking off! So now I am following Versuz with Injuries at 23 and will see what happens.

There is one thing I just realized that troubles me: CPU QBA at 25 doesn't look right. I have been playing with CPU QBA at 60 and WRC at 45 and getting fairly good stats for Peyton Manning, completion at 58%. going to 25/45 almost frightens me.

By the way, would be interesting to know how your running game goes, especially with someone like CJ or AP.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
JVM
Banned

Almost forgot, I don't use GameFlow. I use 15 minute quarters with 15 second runoff.

Just realized you use speed threshold at 55. Well, I have used speed threshold at 50 and now trying 0, so I don't want to change that at this time. I prefer to see speed actually make a difference in this game. I want a speedy back or WR to look fast, same with LBs, DBs, etc.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I noticed with Kickers they can kick almost 60 yards at that setting, like I have Neil Rackers right now on the Browns since I released Dawson because he went 20/31 in my first year and then Rackers went 27/27 in the second season with the browns (What a difference! Won KOTY too) Rackers has 94 Kicking Power and he seems to be able to make 53-55 yarders with a good amount of room left to almost hit it 60. I was thinking of lowering it, maybe like around 25 or something like that.

As for rushing, I used Jerome Harrison and Montario Hardesty and Harrison was like a 3.2 YPC while Hardesty who is getting much better is a 3.8-4.2 YPC at 86 OVR. Remember though the Browns offensive line from LT to C is stacked at 90+ and my RT is 82 while my RG is 74 so my running game is actually helping me this season, Hardesty has like 950 rushing yards with 2 games to go so hes bout to hit the thousand mark. I'm pretty sure with a player like Peterson or CJ im guessing almost a 5.0 YPC mark which mite be a bit high, yeah I'm sorry I only tested this with the Browns but the results I get are extremely fair and I don't get frustrated when I lose, except sometimes when my offense goes 3 and out constantly.

As for CPU ACC, most of the time they hit there targets, my defense kinda sucks but I do have 3 CBs at 80+ and my SS TJ Ward who is an 80 and Jackon is 87 while im at 86 in year 3, (Rookie year I was 74 OVR so I jumped 12 pts in 2 seasons).. Actually when I get to my 360 later tonight I'll post about this seasons stats against OPP CPU QB Comp % as well as other stats like TD and INTs to let you know the base of what your getting with these sliders.

I'm about to play Week 16 right now against the 5-9 Raiders and I'm 6-8 and the 6th wild card spot (Bengals) are 7-7 so there is still hope, i'll post up the whole stats of that game when I'm done in about an hr from now.

Last edited by CavsFan23; 01-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
JVM
Banned

I am really surprised that CPU QBs do well with such a low rating for accuracy.

I don't know how GameFlow would affect what you get versus someone who doesn't use it.

Try FG power at 17.

Last edited by JVM; 01-06-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: corection
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I am really surprised that CPU QBs do well with such a low rating for accuracy.

I don't know how GameFlow would affect what you get versus someone who doesn't use it.

Try Kicking Power at 17.
Yea I'm kind of surprised with that too but it is an all-madden slider so its gonna play alot harder with it at 15 then it would if the slider was on 14 or lower.. But I feel if I drop mine anywhere below 75 CPU will have a very hard time passing on me.. Most of the time Low rated QBs have bad games against me with it on 100 and my reaction up at 26 but if I drop it down to 25 all CPU QBs sling it pretty good but not all the time. Its crazy how 1 pt is a big difference but it is.. Cavsfan are you experience alot of slow lob up throws from the CPU with it that low?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
JVM
Banned

That should be FG power at 17, not Kickoff power.

Well, I am so interested in these sliders that I have just finished changing all my sliders to these, except for Penalties, Injuries, and I don't use GameFlow. I am very anxious to see how the CPU QB does at 25 passing accuracy. My next pre-season game is against the Rams, followed by the Giants. If it goes well against the Rams, I will try it against the Giants.

This is my very first attempt at All-Madden sliders ever! I just started playing this game around six months ago, used to play on PC years ago.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I like playing 15 minute quarters with 15 second runoff, which is what I will use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »