Home

Slider research

This is a discussion on Slider research within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Slider research

I think QB accuracy is reflected more on the usage of Accurate Precision passing.....****n curls and comebacks and try to precision pass. Receivers are so wide open that you dont have to be 'accurate' to get them the ball. When coverage is tighter, and you have to place the ball in there...qb accuracy rating becomes stressed. This affects user and CPU, b/c the CPU now has to be accurate instead of just having easy passes.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Good work.. Glad your finding some good balance for yourself. This should help alot of guys who are moving up to an all-madden level. Once you continue to get better you'll start moving some of the CPU sliders up. Good research though..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
I think QB accuracy is reflected more on the usage of Accurate Precision passing.....****n curls and comebacks and try to precision pass. Receivers are so wide open that you dont have to be 'accurate' to get them the ball. When coverage is tighter, and you have to place the ball in there...qb accuracy rating becomes stressed. This affects user and CPU, b/c the CPU now has to be accurate instead of just having easy passes.
I agree with this. If the AI WR catch is too high, they will be running wild and a less accurate passer can lob it in their direction and they'll get it.

Now I only play the DT so I really on my AI players to make plays. I found that 40-42 is the sweet spot for me on pass reation along with 40 WR catch for the AI. I can tell the difference between good corners and bad corners.

QB accuracy isn't as important to the AI passing game as the WR catch.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Good work fellas, but has anyone noticed that practice and play now modes work differently than franchise games? I think this has been brought up before, but I did the same thing, played practice mode and play now games till I thought I had the best set of sliders than started a franchise, I played multiple games and wow did I notice a difference, the games just played alot different than they did in the practice modes.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Good work fellas, but has anyone noticed that practice and play now modes work differently than franchise games? I think this has been brought up before, but I did the same thing, played practice mode and play now games till I thought I had the best set of sliders than started a franchise, I played multiple games and wow did I notice a difference, the games just played alot different than they did in the practice modes.
This has been the case in both Madden and NCAA for years based on my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This has been the case in both Madden and NCAA for years based on my experience.
I think it plays a bit easier in Franchise than play now this year.

Has anyone tried using a speed threshold above 50? I am finding that the RB's in this game are just too fast. I see defensive secondaries with players speed in the high 80's and alot of RB's speed in the mid to high 90's. It causes issues once you get to the second level, its like the Roadrunner vs. the Coyote. Meep Meep and you are gone. I would like to see even the fastest running backs get caught down field because players just don't break that many long ruins in real life. It must have to be with the pursuit angles of the second level. I haven't analyzed it quite enough, but I already play with the AI reaction up pretty high.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #23
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

practice is good for figuring out what exactly the sliders do. It is not good however, for getting an exact number on said slider.

For example, in practice I learned that QB Accuracy actually effects the cpu coverage (the lower the accuracy, the more "psychic" the defenders). However, the "optimal" setting is different in practice and franchise, so while a 10 accuracy may get what I want in practice, it may actually need to be a 25 in franchise (note: those numbers were just made up for examples sake)
Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I think it plays a bit easier in Franchise than play now this year.

Has anyone tried using a speed threshold above 50? I am finding that the RB's in this game are just too fast. I see defensive secondaries with players speed in the high 80's and alot of RB's speed in the mid to high 90's. It causes issues once you get to the second level, its like the Roadrunner vs. the Coyote. Meep Meep and you are gone. I would like to see even the fastest running backs get caught down field because players just don't break that many long ruins in real life. It must have to be with the pursuit angles of the second level. I haven't analyzed it quite enough, but I already play with the AI reaction up pretty high.
Gotta crank it up higher.. Thats why I just go all out with the CPU reaction at 100 reaction.. It cuts down on the big plays.. I can't move the threshold from 0. I love the speed separation when it happens..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »