Home

Had a brain wave - NEW ALL MADDEN SLIDERS TO TEST

This is a discussion on Had a brain wave - NEW ALL MADDEN SLIDERS TO TEST within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NEW ALL MADDEN SLIDERS TO TEST - Close to finalised

Before I start, would like to thank jarodd and steelcityjames for their respective advice and off course their own personal sliders.

Because of them and my personal madden failings I came up with this.

OK all the following based on 1.05 patch.

One thing that always got me about sliders is that with all the many tweaks, playing ratings still seemed to be a bit nulified and most people resorted to "dumbing down" the CPU to avoid cheating.

As well as player stats, I also have thought about what each individual slider actually covers and what the CPU opposite reaction to it means.

So on that premise I have matched up the ratings accordingly and in the quick half I played it seemed to play well.

Obviously would love people to try out with various teams, skilled QB etc to see whether these do work.

USER SKILL

PASSING 15
QB ACC 10
PASS BLOCK 20
WR CATCH 45

RUSHING 15
BROKEN TACKLES 30
RUSH BLOCK 25
FUMBLES 20 (hold on to the ball!)

PASS DEF 15
REACTION 0
INTERCEPTIONS 35
PASS RUSH 40

RUSH DEF 15
REACTION 0
BLOCK SHRED 22
TACKLING 53

CPU SKILL

PASSING
QB ACC 50 (If your finding this too easy, and some will. Increase accordingly to your defensive level. I play on 65 but some will play on 100)
PASS BLOCK 20 (no stupid whipping to the ground all the time).
WR CATCH 35

RUSHING
BROKEN TACKLES 53
RUSH BLOCK 22
FUMBLES 40

PASS DEF
REACTION 100
INTERCEPTION 45 (counters USER 45 WR catching, so errant throws will be picked).
PASS RUSH 20

RUSH DEF
REACTION 100 (as above)
BLOCK SHRED 25
TACKLING 40

AUTOSTRAFE ON
AUTOSPRINT ON
CLOCK 14min Quarters
25 SEC RUN OFF
Fatigue - 49
Injury - 31
SPEED THRESHOLD 0
GAME SPEED SLOW

SUB IN/OUT - Not my area at all so please use what you like.

Once again thanks to all of you who put in alot more work than I did to give me these ideas.

Have run several test games using, run heavy, balanced and passing teams and it is feeling right. Play a few games to really get used to having to do alot of the work on defense because It is very hard but when you get it it feels good to make those important plays yourself.

Last edited by Roncatto; 03-04-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Changed sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Had a brain wave - NEW ALL MADDEN SLIDERS TO TEST

Man these look good.. I been actually thinking about dropping down the USER pass reaction some and adding to the USER Ints and pass rush. Might do some testing with that.. I just don't want my DBs to be lost on every play.. Haha! By the way you only have a total of 65 for the USER pass defense so you got 10pts to add to something and I believe they are much needed for how tough the CPUs pass offense can be..

Good work these look good.. Might plug them in tomorrow and see how they are.. Post some stats from some of your games..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 02-23-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Before I start, would like to thank jarodd and steelcityjames for their respective advice and off course their own personal sliders.

Because of them and my personal madden failings I came up with this.

OK all the following based on 1.05 patch.

One thing that always got me about sliders is that with all the many tweaks, playing ratings still seemed to be a bit nulified and most people resorted to "dumbing down" the CPU to avoid cheating.

As well as player stats, I also have thought about what each individual slider actually covers and what the CPU opposite reaction to it means.

So on that premise I have matched up the ratings accordingly and in the quick half I played it seemed to play well.

Obviously would love people to try out with various teams, skilled QB etc to see whether these do work.

USER SKILL

PASSING 15
QB ACC 10
PASS BLOCK 30
WR CATCH 35 (assuming this means the "average" ability to run routes, catch the ball and clearing bump coverage)

RUSHING 15
BROKEN TACKLES 45
RUSH BLOCK 10 (use blocking assignments)
FUMBLES 20 (hold on to the ball)

PASS DEF 15
REACTION 0 (We are Human not a CPU, we should try to recognise plays)
INTERCEPTIONS 35(assume this is ability to read routes and coverage)
PASS RUSH 30

RUSH DEF 15
REACTION 0 (even more so for own own ability to recognise plays)
BLOCK SHRED 10
TACKLING 65 (no more mr tank takes on 8 men, but must tackle correctly)

CPU SKILL

PASSING
QB ACC 100 (we want the CPU to play to full potential of QB, so Brady is better than Alex Smith)
PASS BLOCK 30 (so this counters the USER 30 pass rush)
WR CATCH 35 (this counters USER 35 Interception).

RUSHING
BROKEN TACKLES 65 (counters USER 65 tackling)
RUSH BLOCK 10 (counters USER 10 block shredding)
FUMBLES 60 (difficult one this, but im thinking, earn those fumbles with hard or clever tackling).

PASS DEF
REACTION 100 (again want CPU to be at play to players full potential based on stats).
INTERCEPTION 45 (counters USER 45 WR catching).
PASS BLOCK 10 (counters USER 10 Pass Rush, fair contest in getting to QB)

RUSH DEF
REACTION 100 (as above)
BLOCK SHRED 10 (counters USER 10 Rush Block)
TACKLING 45 (counters USER 45 Broken Tackles).

So what you have noticed is I wanted the CPU to have the capability of making all the plays, but by matching/leveling the skill levels on each category, hopefully player skills and attributes and USER skill will then allow for both CPU success and failures depending on the USER playing and the players they are playing with/against.

In terms of clock, run off etc. Really I always think this is user preference.

Special teams -

I personally think Maddenbeast and Jarodd have good ones here.

SUB IN/OUT - Not my area at all so please use what you like.

I have played a quick half with these and played well. Its 2am here so will post stats tommorrow, but if you guys fancy testing out that would be great.

Once again thanks to all of you who put in alot more work than I did to give me these ideas.

Look pretty good. only concern is that you might have too many wr drops. overall, sliders look good though. post stats when you can. look forward to checking them out
Old 02-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Roncatto did you mean to put the CPUs pass rush at 30 to counter the USER pass blocking? U put pass block in the CPUs pass defense. I think you meant to put pass rush and 30..

By the way Steel is right about the USER WR catching.. 35 your going to experience alot of drops. 45 is the best number to use for WR catching. I thoroughly tested these. You really see the difference between good and average WR. Too many drops by top WR at anything lower then 45.. So my advise would be to drop your USER pass blocking down 10 and add that to the WR catching then your going to have to slide the CPUs pass rush down 10 so you can keep it matched with your USER pass blocking..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 02-23-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Roncatto did you mean to put the CPUs pass rush at 30 to counter the USER pass blocking? U put pass block in the CPUs pass defense. I think you meant to put pass rush and 30..

By the way Steel is right about the USER WR catching.. 35 your going to experience alot of drops. 45 is the best number to use for WR catching. I thoroughly tested these. You really see the difference between good and average WR. Too many drops by top WR at anything lower then 45.. So my advise would be to drop your USER pass blocking down 10 and add that to the WR catching then your going to have to slide the CPUs pass rush down 10 so you can keep it matched with your USER pass blocking..
right on! i made the same adjustments to my sliders and it works great. wr catch at 45 seems to be the "magic" number...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Have adjusted front page.

Jarodd the USER WR catching was supposed to be 45 anyway, my mistake (was 2am lol) as CPU interceptions is 45 and that needs to be the same.

I have compensated by lower QB accuracy to 0.

I am at work now, but later will test this out as theory is still that USER controlled QB should not be helped by CPU in the same way that CPU QB ACC is 100 that we should not "dumb down" theres.

When i get bac later will run 4 test games and post stats.

Patriots vs Panthers (play both sides once, test if player skill gets proper disparity in stats.

Falcons vs Ravens (fairly even teams with identical skilled QB. Again play both teams

Post tonight.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Have adjusted front page.

Jarodd the USER WR catching was supposed to be 45 anyway, my mistake (was 2am lol) as CPU interceptions is 45 and that needs to be the same.

I have compensated by lower QB accuracy to 0.

I am at work now, but later will test this out as theory is still that USER controlled QB should not be helped by CPU in the same way that CPU QB ACC is 100 that we should not "dumb down" theres.

When i get bac later will run 4 test games and post stats.

Patriots vs Panthers (play both sides once, test if player skill gets proper disparity in stats.

Falcons vs Ravens (fairly even teams with identical skilled QB. Again play both teams

Post tonight.
Have you ever tried the USER accuracy this low? It is the worst. They have you throwing all over the place with it that low. I had went down to 5 and even though I made some good throws they had me making too many bad throws and I'm real good at directional throwing with the left stick. So I settled in on 8 (haven't updated on my page yet) and it seems to be a fair spot. Anything lower its pretty bad but I gotta hand it to you if your able to throw it with the USER accuracy that low your definitely a better directional thrower then me.. haha!

Also on the CPUs pass rush do you really have it at 10 to counter the USER pass block at 30 or did you mean to put the CPUs pass rush at 30 to counter the USER pass block at 30 because you have it at 10.. Post some stats from your games..
Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
Rookie

LOL i like it when people spot my typo's.
Yes CPU pass rush is suuposed to be 30 as that counters USER pass block 30. Have Updated.

To keep it USER PASSING at 75 i will try when i get home.

If QB ACC at 0 is a mess, will up to 10, Lower pass block to 20 and lower CPU pass rush to 20 to mirror.

I'm home in about 4 hours so should start seeing some stats later

Last edited by Roncatto; 02-24-2011 at 09:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »