Home

My 1st Attempt At Sliders

This is a discussion on My 1st Attempt At Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3
My 1st Attempt At Sliders

I have been playing around with sliders , and have them all moved way down for human and cpu , I have been getting some interesting results , and my offline franchise games have been pretty competitive for me(im probably about average at madden) . The only stats that seem way off is my tackles for loss, and the cpu teams linebackers have alot more tackles than my user linebackers, i know there are issues with the tackles stats plus, I miss alot on my own by over running the ball carrier, getting hung up on a block , or just plain of whiffing lol .

Im going to post these by memory since I didnt get time to even turn my system on .

Game Options
auto sprint - ON (just my preference)
auto strafe -OFF (just my preference)
15 min qtrs w/ 25 sec run off (just my preference)
threshold - 0
game speed slow
injuries/fatigue default 50 (i have not toyed with these yet )

Auto subs are default

My sliders are as follows (human and cpu are the same)

PASSING
pass accuracy 6 (less than this an most throws are wild)
pass block 1
pass catching -0

RUSHING
broken tackles -0
run blocking -1
fumbles -10 (any lower and my QB coughed up the ball constantly)

PASS DEFENSE
reaction time -0
interceptions -0
pass rushing -2 (moved user only up to 3 )

RUSH DEFENSE
reaction time -0
block shedding -0
tackling -0

I am using (jarrod21's) special teams and penalty sliders (so far so good thanks BTW )

With the human pass rush at 2 the cpu gets pretty good pressure, I moved this up to 3 and it helped, but it seemed to kill any draw plays ran by me or the cpu.

The reason I decided to move the sliders down was to see if the individual player ratings and essentially the team rating would effect the outcome of games more. I thought this would give the player less of a boost under the hood. So I tried these and have had some pretty entertaining games with my current Bills franchise and a Bears franchise.

In the past 3-4 weeks I have started a Bills franchise , I simmed thru season 1 and started playing games, so far I am 10 weeks into season 2. then I decided to start a new franchise with my favorite team , The Bears so far I only had time to play my week 1 game vs the Lions.

I will try to post some stats from my 2 franchises sometime this weekend if I have some time. And hopefully get a few more game in.

Anyways , hopefully some of you will try these and have some fun and post some feedback.

Enjoy

Last edited by martz28; 06-26-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: My 1st Attempt At Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz28
I have been playing around with sliders , and have them all moved way down for human and cpu , I have been getting some interesting results , and my offline franchise games have been pretty competitive for me(im probably about average at madden) . The only stats that seem way off is my tackles for loss, and the cpu teams linebackers have alot more tackles than my user linebackers, i know there are issues with the tackles stats plus, I miss alot on my own by over running the ball carrier, getting hung up on a block , or just plain of whiffing lol .

Im going to post these by memory since I didnt get time to even turn my system on .

Game Options
auto sprint - ON (just my preference)
auto strafe -OFF (just my preference)
15 min qtrs w/ 25 sec run off (just my preference)
threshold - 0
game speed slow
injuries/fatigue default 50 (i have not toyed with these yet )

Auto subs are default

My sliders are as follows (human and cpu are the same)

PASSING
pass accuracy 6 (less than this an most throws are wild)
pass block 0
pass catching -0

RUSHING
broken tackles -0
run blocking -1
fumbles -10 (any lower and my QB coughed up the ball constantly)

PASS DEFENSE
reaction time -0
interceptions -0
pass rushing -2 (i may have to move user only up to 3 , see notes below)

RUSH DEFENSE
reaction time -0
block shedding -0
tackling -0

I am using (jarrod21's) special teams and penalty sliders (so far so good thanks BTW )

With the human pass rush at 2 the cpu gets pretty good pressure, I moved this up to 3 and it helped, but it seemed to kill any draw plays ran by me or the cpu.

The reason I decided to move the sliders down was to see if the individual player ratings and essentially the team rating would effect the outcome of games more. I thought this would give the player less of a boost under the hood. So I tried these and have had some pretty entertaining games with my current Bills franchise and a Bears franchise.

In the past 3-4 weeks I have started a Bills franchise , I simmed thru season 1 and started playing games, so far I am 10 weeks into season 2. then I decided to start a new franchise with my favorite team , The Bears so far I only had time to play my week 1 game vs the Lions.

I will try to post some stats from my 2 franchises sometime this weekend if I have some time. And hopefully get a few more game in.

Anyways , hopefully some of you will try these and have some fun and post some feedback.

Enjoy

INteresting....dont' know if i'll get to try them soon but I'm curious....I do believe the philosophy of lowering the human to get more differentiated results from their ratings. I'd be concerned the cpu couldnt' do anything though. What number does this make your sliders for humans? 19????

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

these do look interesting and im wondering the same thing as mj, how is the cpu handling things
Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the cpu plays OK , I thought the cpu would play like they were lost with the settings so low but that does not seem to be the case.

I had a game vs the Bengals , they jumped on me early 21+ points in the 1st Qtr , I was having trouble keeping a drive going due to turnovers and just unable to make a first down, I thought it was going to be a blow out but I finally managed to make a game of it but I still lost.

Maybe you guys will see something that Im missing

I will try to get some stats up tonight.

I also started a new franchise (bears) and I beat the Lions 36-31 in the season opener.
I had a QB rating of 118, 250+ yards Matt forte had 116 yards on 20 ish carries 1 fumble and 1 TD . The Lions had 300+ passing yards but only 60 rush yards (seemed the didnt stick to the run enough) Also I barley got any pressure on the QB , he would stand in the pocket roll out a bit and sometimes took off for a couple decent gains and they sacked me 5 or 6 times.

Last edited by martz28; 06-25-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I figured I'd try this out for you. This is season two, game one of a random Steeler's franchise I started.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns

Passing:
Colt McCoy: 14 of 28, 274 yards, 4 TDs/2 INT
Ben Roethlisberger: 19 of 38, 300 yards, 3 TDs/2 INT

Rushing:
Peyton Hillis: 20 rushes, 10 yards
* Colt McCoy: 2 rushes, 5 yards
* Montario Hardesty: 1 rush, 0 yards
* Brian Robiskie: 3 rushes, -4 yards (Wildcat)

Rashard Mendenhall: 16 rushes, 53 yards
* Jamie Harper: 13 rushes, 60 yards
* Ben Roethlisberger: 6 rushes, 47 yards, TD
* Isaac Redman: 1 rush, 22 yards
* Jonathan Dwyer: 2 rushes, 3 yards
* David Johnson: 2 rushes, 3 yards

Defensive:
Jacob Ford: 6 tackles, 2 TFL, Sack
* Justin Houston: 6 tackles, 2 assists, TFL, Sack
* T.J. Ward: 4 tackles, assist, TFL, Sack
* Danieal Manning: 5 tackles, INT
* Chris Gocong: 4 tackles, INT

Aaron Smith: 5 tackles, 3 assists, 4 TFL, Sack
* Ziggy Hood: Tackle, 2 assists, 2 TFL, Sack
* James Harrison: 2 tackles, 2 assists, TFL, INT
* Zackary Bowman: Tackle, assist, INT

I did have a missed field goal because I didn't realize the game set my punter to be the kicker, so Sepulveda missed a 51 yarder but once I changed it around so Leigh Tiffin was back to kicker, he went 3 for 3.

The computer run games needs work, but I'll test it out against the next team which is the Titans and see how it goes later.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Havn't tried yours yet but you might try raising either cpu runblocking, cpu break tackle or both by 5. Should help your cpu run game.
Also, check out coaching schemes of cpu teams. On the offensive side of things you'll see horizantal bars representing individual team tendancies. Slide the first bar to the left a bit for teams that you feel should run more. You may wish to lower the second, aggresion bar by sliding it left as well for all but teams with the best QBs or however you see fit.

Some may disagree but I believe that changing coaching scheme is key to getting the cpu to even attempt to run. I have done this for all teams that have a feature back as well as some that run 2 back system. Doesn't stop teams from passing, simply causes them to be more run oriented as there real life counterparts would be.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I figured I'd try this out for you. This is season two, game one of a random Steeler's franchise I started.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns

Passing:
Colt McCoy: 14 of 28, 274 yards, 4 TDs/2 INT
Ben Roethlisberger: 19 of 38, 300 yards, 3 TDs/2 INT

Rushing:
Peyton Hillis: 20 rushes, 10 yards
* Colt McCoy: 2 rushes, 5 yards
* Montario Hardesty: 1 rush, 0 yards
* Brian Robiskie: 3 rushes, -4 yards (Wildcat)

Rashard Mendenhall: 16 rushes, 53 yards
* Jamie Harper: 13 rushes, 60 yards
* Ben Roethlisberger: 6 rushes, 47 yards, TD
* Isaac Redman: 1 rush, 22 yards
* Jonathan Dwyer: 2 rushes, 3 yards
* David Johnson: 2 rushes, 3 yards

Defensive:
Jacob Ford: 6 tackles, 2 TFL, Sack
* Justin Houston: 6 tackles, 2 assists, TFL, Sack
* T.J. Ward: 4 tackles, assist, TFL, Sack
* Danieal Manning: 5 tackles, INT
* Chris Gocong: 4 tackles, INT

Aaron Smith: 5 tackles, 3 assists, 4 TFL, Sack
* Ziggy Hood: Tackle, 2 assists, 2 TFL, Sack
* James Harrison: 2 tackles, 2 assists, TFL, INT
* Zackary Bowman: Tackle, assist, INT

I did have a missed field goal because I didn't realize the game set my punter to be the kicker, so Sepulveda missed a 51 yarder but once I changed it around so Leigh Tiffin was back to kicker, he went 3 for 3.

The computer run games needs work, but I'll test it out against the next team which is the Titans and see how it goes later.

keep in mind the steelers are tough to run against.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
keep in mind the steelers are tough to run against.
Yeah but in Madden I don't expect them to EVER play like they do in real life. It's just something I've always come to expect. Just like I'd expect Chase Daniels to come in if Brees got hurt in Madden and play the same, if not better then Brees. Haha.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »