Home

My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

This is a discussion on My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

Hey Jason, thanks for the props. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game. You are so right, find that happy medium within the slider set that works best for you. But you have the right idea.

Good luck

Last edited by celg35; 08-18-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymelo
I lowered all ofhe user sliders to 58. Played a pretty even game. Only thing I'm honking is should I leave the sliders at 63 and only lower the ones I feel necessary? Or should I just bring them all down?
No, only bring the ones that you think you should. It hasalways been my understanding that certain sliders have a different threshold to them. For instance, lowering qb accuracy to 45 might have a greater impact than lowering interceptions to 45. My reasoning is , i think some sliders are more sensitive to changes than others.

So would just tweak the areas that u are finding too easy.

Good luck
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
Here are some things I noticed on the default settings on all- pro.

1. Qb's ran wild without any resistance up to 5 or 10 yards down field.
2. Receivers ran out routes and would just stop and not make an intelligent move when the the ball was in the air. ( this also happened on screen plays as well.)
3. Run blocking had guys going up field and not make an intelligent block on the closest guy.
4. Pass blocking had guys just plain out whiffing on their assignment. Also, backs would ignore free linebackers on pass plays and not even attempt to come back and cut block them.
5. D-line getting pancaked on one on one blocking.
6. Cb's getting burned on long balls because their movements were herky-jerky at the point of impact.
7.kick and punt return blocking was not intelligent.

With sliders at 100 for the CPU and 65 for the user, these issues have been resolved.
Here is my problem with this...cpu sliders at 100...could work you are sounding like jarrod. But in theory if everything is this high you get no differentiation between players. I may be wrong but I was under the impression it worked like this:
let's assume the default at 50 made players play to their ratings. (You could argue they dont' but I believe that's the dev's intention). We will deal with QB acc first. You ahve a range of say 50-99 on QB acc. When you raise the sliders say to 75 now....the guys around 50 acc will improve. The guys in the 90's really can't improve much if at all so they stay about the same.(btw someone has to show me the difference between a QB wih 92 acc vs 99 acc). You move it to 100 and now everyone has QB acc much higher than they started, if they were low....and about the same if they were high. ERgo, Manning and Brady will play the same as Gostowski and Grossman and Moe, Larry and Curly for that matter. See the problem there?
I always do the opposite. Not completing enough passes? Lower the cpu coverage don't up the human acc. To hard to run...lower the cpu rush D, not the human run block etc......If anything, lowering the sliders accentuates the differences in players, which we want (although not to a ridiculous level).

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Here is my problem with this...cpu sliders at 100...could work you are sounding like jarrod. But in theory if everything is this high you get no differentiation between players. I may be wrong but I was under the impression it worked like this:
let's assume the default at 50 made players play to their ratings. (You could argue they dont' but I believe that's the dev's intention). We will deal with QB acc first. You ahve a range of say 50-99 on QB acc. When you raise the sliders say to 75 now....the guys around 50 acc will improve. The guys in the 90's really can't improve much if at all so they stay about the same.(btw someone has to show me the difference between a QB wih 92 acc vs 99 acc). You move it to 100 and now everyone has QB acc much higher than they started, if they were low....and about the same if they were high. ERgo, Manning and Brady will play the same as Gostowski and Grossman and Moe, Larry and Curly for that matter. See the problem there?
I always do the opposite. Not completing enough passes? Lower the cpu coverage don't up the human acc. To hard to run...lower the cpu rush D, not the human run block etc......If anything, lowering the sliders accentuates the differences in players, which we want (although not to a ridiculous level).
I don't think I will be able to do that on 12 like I did on 11. CPU was easy on 11. So far with the Demo thats not the case on 12. They needed a boost like that to compete with me but even with certain areas at 100 you would see the difference in certain players. Garbage players still played like trash. You can see the difference easy. You just had to be on point with your playcalling to bring it out. But thats not for everyone. But Celg35 has his sliders set up to a pro or all-pro gameplay anyway so its easy to put all the CPU sliders on 100 and do your thang against CPU. Its way more difficult to do that with all-madden sliders with the difference AI from the CPU. On all-pro the CPU is clueless so these sliders wouldn't provide me with a challenge at all because of my skill level but its providing other guys with good games and thats what matters..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #61
Banned

Yeah, I mean these sliders are not for everyone. They are really for the pro - allpro guys. If your a guys who can hang on all madden then these might not give you that challenge. But!!!!! I still think that the difficulty can be achieved through the speed of the game. Maybe put it on normal or fast speed to make your reactions faster.

As far as the sliders go. I think that the slider is a percentage thing. I think at 50 your asking a player to perform at his attributes 50% of the time. Tom Brady has attributes at 99 . If we look at the op's theory , Tom Brady would perform at a rating of 149. That would be too high. But if we say I would like Tom Brady to perform at a slider of 62 or 62% of his ratings then we are asking him to be an efficient player. On the flip side if we put the CPU at 100 ,were asking the CPU to react as intelligent as it can be. Since it lacks the human element, it needs to be as smart as it can be without cheating, warping suction or super lb's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #62
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Why is the kick meter so slow with these sliders?

PS I'm testing these on retail but can't report back any results.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Why is the kick meter so slow with these sliders?

PS I'm testing these on retail but can't report back any results.
The kicking meter goes slow on All-Pro-All-Pro sliders or lower sliders. It only goes fast on All-Madden or All-Madden sliders..
Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #64
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The kicking meter goes slow on All-Pro-All-Pro sliders or lower sliders. It only goes fast on All-Madden or All-Madden sliders..
I thought adjusting the sliders just changed the difficulty to Rookie aka Custom. Does the base Skill Level still have any bearing?

Yeah, I'm a noob Madden slider user. Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »