Home

Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

This is a discussion on Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #57
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
Being one of the minority that only play Coach mode-I'd like to thank you guys for all the work you're putting in to develop this to the most realistic level possible. I still haven't purchased the game as I'm having trouble trying to decide between Madden and NCAA.

I don't like the fact that you still have to kick and punt (FG's included, I assume?) and scramble in Madden, but the downside to NCAA is that I really don't usually follow college ball.

I have another question that may make a difference: When you play in Coach mode in Madden -do all the stupid icons (circles, triangles) etc, disappear? In other words does it look realistic-or like an arcade game? And also-is it correct that you can play Coach mode along with Franchise-not just on exhibiton games?
If you really don't want to use the kicking meter, and I don't like that this is the third straight year that I have to adjust a new one, you can supersim the kicks.

Icons are invisible unless you bring them up yourself. I use them to hot route (which is usually changing all the deep routes on a play, or to keep a RB in the backfield since the CPU loves to blitz its corners so much)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #58
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Lombardi wants these to be on All Pro and not custom, so the only tweaks will be on the CPU side because you can only change HUM settings with custom sliders.
So in coach mode, the sliders that only matter are the CPU sliders?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Unfortunately Madden 10 was the last time human QB's scrambled on their own. The only time in current gen, IIRC. Don't know why they took it out. I almost got wood the first time I saw my QB take off and run in M10.

I got really excited when I saw the computer QB take off, but then I was left waiting for my own to do the same. Sadly I continued watching the same sack nonsense. How do you guys handle scrambling to add some realism? I was thinking about just picking 3 or 4 pass plays per game where I would take off immediately just to give him some rushing yards.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

how do sacks look? per game per team

need punt avg and fg % as well

ooohhh what is INT % for the cpu and hum ? gogo manning2harrision

manning good work on adding all that up if that is the 6 logs please include the other half log as well most of the offensnve stats are there.

Also the formula for number of plays per game are rush/att pass/att and sacks. personally my plays per game are right on the money 120 a game more or less. its prob about what you guys are running as well give or take.

whie some numbers are low the numbers arent as bad as people think. Steelers Ravens have great Ds bringing the numbers down more then you think.Also there was 1 defensive game as well.

Actually 2 more games!

NE@ MIA

ALT@ CHI

test gogo

slider adjust ments soon just get me these 2 games asap anyone thanks!

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-02-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf
...Lurking...

Hey Lombardi!!!!

Good luck gentlemen.
Hey Redwolf!!

Well what do you know a Wolf Sighting!

I knew there was a wolf Lurking somewhere...And we know what luking turns into! hahaha

come on Redwolf get in here for old times sake! Do I have to get my Tranqualizer Gun Out?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
oh no all sliders matter huim and cpu
Old 09-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #63
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Not at all. I've done my own custom sliders the past couple of years.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #64
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigey75
I got really excited when I saw the computer QB take off, but then I was left waiting for my own to do the same. Sadly I continued watching the same sack nonsense. How do you guys handle scrambling to add some realism? I was thinking about just picking 3 or 4 pass plays per game where I would take off immediately just to give him some rushing yards.
The HUM QB taking too long to release the ball or not trying to evade pressure is one of the biggest things wrong with coach mode. I keep an eye on the pass rush and try to either throw the ball away or run if there's a lane (hitting one of the receiver buttons is a definite no-no for me) It takes away from the purity of cm but it's better than getting sacked 8 times a game, especially when you have a mobile QB. I also keep in mind the awareness level of the QB. Other things being equal, a higher awareness QB should take fewer sacks, so they get more leeway.

If actually trying to pick up some rushing yards for the QB is a goal, try a PA bootleg and just keep rolling out until there's an opening to cut upfield. or you could use a playbook that has some designed QB runs- back in the day when Vick was still in ATL I had VY on the Texans and I used the ATL playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »