Home

***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
I am eagerly awaiting you to finish the rosters. But I don't know if I can hold back the urge to start my franchise for much longer...
THIS !!! For sure.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #18
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I want it done by Weds night lol
Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Really Looking forward to this, Thanks alot! When do you plan on having these done?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #20
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

I think his goal was have them up by end of day, tonight.

So in Franchise mode, I see the option to turn on/off the ability to change ratings. not sure if this is for all NFL teams or just the team you chose. If ALL teams that would be great, I could make the adjustments each season after progression, if not ALL teams, then I guess I could control each team, have the computer manage them and change all the settings each year after progression. Kick ***! hope it works
Old 08-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I am anxiously awaiting this in hopes that it will fix a few things that are just ruining the experience for me. Here are the things that are annoying me in order of importance, most of which I did not experience in last years Madden.

1)Punt and Kick Returns are impossible. Josh Cribbs never has a chance as there is no blocking and in the event that I juke a man and get free, I cannot get to the corners at all as everybody on special teams appears to be able to accelerate and catch Cribbs. In the meantime, Cribbs "feels" like he is running with 40 pounds of ankle weights. I popped in Madden 10 and while we all thought the kicking game was weak then, it feels light years better and I can hit holes and actually gain some yards on returns.

2)Tackling seems to too easy for CPU. I have Peyton Hillis and it seems as if I get tackled by the first guy to hit me 90% of the time. If I break that tackle someone is almost always there to clean up so I don't actually gain any additional yards. Also, Hillis is a 99 trucking and still gets knocked backwards 75% of the time, even when I am pushing up on the truck stick, sometimes by cornerbacks. Last year, with a generic model I could plow over people better than this year and sometime break a couple of tackles.

3) QB animation seems too long. I can not get a pass off at the last minute ever. QB get's sucked into an animation that prevents the ball from leaving his hands, even though I clearly pressed the button early enough that it should have been gone. Again, when I tried Madden 10 I did not see these issues.

So...to make a long story short, I am hoping that Tomba's work with ratings will have a positive affect on animations that might fix a few of the issues above. I am concerned about the 100 threshold that you are talking about. I currently set mine to 20 to see if my 99 rated Josh Cribbs can escape from Special Teams tacklers and get 20-30 yard returns from time to time. It's not helping but setting it to 100 scares me as I don't currently feel there is enough difference betweem fast and slower players. We'll see.

Tomba....if you can comment on any of this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I am anxiously awaiting this in hopes that it will fix a few things that are just ruining the experience for me. Here are the things that are annoying me in order of importance, most of which I did not experience in last years Madden.

1)Punt and Kick Returns are impossible. Josh Cribbs never has a chance as there is no blocking and in the event that I juke a man and get free, I cannot get to the corners at all as everybody on special teams appears to be able to accelerate and catch Cribbs. In the meantime, Cribbs "feels" like he is running with 40 pounds of ankle weights. I popped in Madden 10 and while we all thought the kicking game was weak then, it feels light years better and I can hit holes and actually gain some yards on returns.

2)Tackling seems to too easy for CPU. I have Peyton Hillis and it seems as if I get tackled by the first guy to hit me 90% of the time. If I break that tackle someone is almost always there to clean up so I don't actually gain any additional yards. Also, Hillis is a 99 trucking and still gets knocked backwards 75% of the time, even when I am pushing up on the truck stick, sometimes by cornerbacks. Last year, with a generic model I could plow over people better than this year and sometime break a couple of tackles.

3) QB animation seems too long. I can not get a pass off at the last minute ever. QB get's sucked into an animation that prevents the ball from leaving his hands, even though I clearly pressed the button early enough that it should have been gone. Again, when I tried Madden 10 I did not see these issues.

So...to make a long story short, I am hoping that Tomba's work with ratings will have a positive affect on animations that might fix a few of the issues above. I am concerned about the 100 threshold that you are talking about. I currently set mine to 20 to see if my 99 rated Josh Cribbs can escape from Special Teams tacklers and get 20-30 yard returns from time to time. It's not helping but setting it to 100 scares me as I don't currently feel there is enough difference betweem fast and slower players. We'll see.

Tomba....if you can comment on any of this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

To answer from 1-3

1) I play in broadcast so for me i'm looking for ratings and actual real life players THAT DO return for td's to be more so controlled by the reality of it.
If your intent on being able to score you can easily do t with the edit OR the slider set that'll be available

2)This is really fixed the averages to allowed and not allowed runs are great now. I can even go up the middle have defenders "try for me" and miss but miss in realistic ways. For me pitch outs are undoable on default.

3)Fixed. Absolutely depends on the defense your playing though. in real life theres some buggers you just can't throw late on anyway...

The threshold you speak of are not an issue becuase now everyones' "agility and awareness makes more sense because the animation either allows it or doesn't.

I try to put out something that you guys will enjoy and i try to explain so that you know whats going on with it and why it had to be dome that way. I'm appreciating the fact that i haven't got the criticism about people wanting realistic numbers when in fact ther are no realistic nubers on madden just look at the speeds it's ridicously skewed.

A center with 62 speed and 85 agility? yeah OK
Old 08-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

would it be enough to just adjust the awr and agi or do i need to adjust accel also?

and what do you do if the player is a rookie or something and his awr is very low. i was about to start adjusting the attributes and i started on the jets, went to fs and noticed emanuel cook (1 yr exp) his agility is 87 but his awareness is 38. i take his agility all the way to 38? that seems really low for a db. and most new players have real low awareness the jets average agility at cb would be about 50 when you leave out cromartie and revis.

thanks for all this work, i cant wait to try it out
Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

based on these...if u dont rush for over 150 yards every game ur a horrible player...

also....if u dont throw for over 300 every game ur nuts....gonna have aaaallll day in the pocket.

and cpu rush blocking at 25?? how easy is this spose to be?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »