Home

***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #25
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
To answer from 1-3

1) I play in broadcast so for me i'm looking for ratings and actual real life players THAT DO return for td's to be more so controlled by the reality of it.
If your intent on being able to score you can easily do t with the edit OR the slider set that'll be available

2)This is really fixed the averages to allowed and not allowed runs are great now. I can even go up the middle have defenders "try for me" and miss but miss in realistic ways. For me pitch outs are undoable on default.

3)Fixed. Absolutely depends on the defense your playing though. in real life theres some buggers you just can't throw late on anyway...

The threshold you speak of are not an issue becuase now everyones' "agility and awareness makes more sense because the animation either allows it or doesn't.

I try to put out something that you guys will enjoy and i try to explain so that you know whats going on with it and why it had to be dome that way. I'm appreciating the fact that i haven't got the criticism about people wanting realistic numbers when in fact ther are no realistic nubers on madden just look at the speeds it's ridicously skewed.

A center with 62 speed and 85 agility? yeah OK
Tomba,

I am not sure I understand your reply to #1 entirely but I will clarify that I am not wanting to have multiple KO or Punts returned for TOuchdowns every game. I am wanting to be able to get a semi-decent return from time to time. You know, an opening that I can dash into and almost break it for a TD or even once in a while an actual TD. RIght now......4-5 yard every punt return. Every KO barely make it back to the 20, mostly starting out at the 16-17 yard line.

So....I'd just like to have the return games be a factor....for me or the CPU. Right now, I might as well sim these plays since the outcomes seem canned anyway.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmaestro
would it be enough to just adjust the awr and agi or do i need to adjust accel also?

and what do you do if the player is a rookie or something and his awr is very low. i was about to start adjusting the attributes and i started on the jets, went to fs and noticed emanuel cook (1 yr exp) his agility is 87 but his awareness is 38. i take his agility all the way to 38? that seems really low for a db. and most new players have real low awareness the jets average agility at cb would be about 50 when you leave out cromartie and revis.

thanks for all this work, i cant wait to try it out
VERY good observation and one ive had to deal with so its nothing new just know ive handled it by looking up the players college info and determing where he should be for the realism of the edit
Old 08-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
based on these...if u dont rush for over 150 yards every game ur a horrible player...

also....if u dont throw for over 300 every game ur nuts....gonna have aaaallll day in the pocket.

and cpu rush blocking at 25?? how easy is this spose to be?!?

These are early test sliders. They were made so that ANIMATIONS look real not gameplay and ease of use just yet. I consider first the look and feel of the players. what looks natural.

I'm sorry if the first set didn't work for playing of the game but the new one i hope will
Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #28
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Tomba,

I am not sure I understand your reply to #1 entirely but I will clarify that I am not wanting to have multiple KO or Punts returned for TOuchdowns every game. I am wanting to be able to get a semi-decent return from time to time. You know, an opening that I can dash into and almost break it for a TD or even once in a while an actual TD. RIght now......4-5 yard every punt return. Every KO barely make it back to the 20, mostly starting out at the 16-17 yard line.

So....I'd just like to have the return games be a factor....for me or the CPU. Right now, I might as well sim these plays since the outcomes seem canned anyway.

Thanks
sounds cool and you right older madden esp madden 09 i think had its; issue and then were patched brillaintly but became lost again in newer iterations of the game. I blame that on turnover on the dev teams which is rampant unfortnately

Kick returns average out now to about 21-23 yard line and thats with special teams edits included so you will be getting what you seek i believe...
Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #29
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Update

Everyday is a new day and i have to continueue to test just to make sure the game plays like it should to a real broadcast meaning realistic penalty calls and subs so i'm trying to work on these now.

Few things to note:
The slider set is done - but being scrutinized and optimized for broadcast cam
22 teams done - and not only with attribute ratings but equip tweaks to some key players as well as rating some players moe accurately based of of what animations they should be able to pull off like fast jukes slow jukes etc...
10 more teams to go - the 22 HAVE been play tested with and am contemplating doing the same before releasing the entire thing

This edit will come with a type of instructional guide as well on how to play in broadcast cam because i've been hearing arguments that its a camera angle that you can't see things when you play with it. I have tips and tricks that will help you recognize what to do when you can't see down field...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #30
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Is EA locker in Madden 12? If it's not how will we be able to download it.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Hey Tomba have you seen this thread yet
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-roles.html

This is kinda like what we talked about on the main boards last week....the player roles seem to be impacted when you edit the ratings

Also how would you even handle Peyton Manning....surely you wouldn't want Manning to have agility to match his awareness right?

That would be like Manning switching bodies with Deion Sanders or Barry Sanders LOL!

I know these are being done only to improve the animations and player movement but it appears from that link edits really screw up player roles and you can get them back which is kinda sad of it's true

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 AM   #32
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Hey Tomba have you seen this thread yet
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-roles.html

This is kinda like what we talked about on the main boards last week....the player roles seem to be impacted when you edit the ratings

Also how would you even handle Peyton Manning....surely you wouldn't want Manning to have agility to match his awareness right?

That would be like Manning switching bodies with Deion Sanders or Barry Sanders LOL!

I know these are being done only to improve the animations and player movement but it appears from that link edits really screw up player roles and you can get them back which is kinda sad of it's true

If you followed my updates you'd see i was going a different route with this edit in regards to offense.
To reiterate:
QB;s RB TE WR have not been edited with the awareness edit.
I have a new rating system in place for these offensive players to "play like themselves" no matter what. Done
It's also a well known fact that any franchise play with a roster like this will suffer in year 2 .

This is being done to not only provide the animation to look better but it's affecting procedual awareness,offensive stats, realistic penalties and to better represent a game as seen on tv.

This is DOES NOT screw up the game I am happy to report.

It's a Patch...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »