Home

Jarodd21s Madden 12 All-Madden Custom sliders..

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 12 All-Madden Custom sliders.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 12 All-Madden Custom sliders..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccerbiggie
Jarod, I am having alot of issues with these sliders.

I got to week 9 of my franchise with the Bengals. As you saw in a post earlier, I was 2-0 beating the Browns an Broncos by week 3. I am now 6-1. I lost to the Colts 31-24. Even then however, I managed to put up 325 yds with Dalton and 3 TD's. I am 6-1 which also bothers me. I'm the Bengals!!! I know our schedule is fairly easy for the first half of the season, but I'm still never feeling as if I am going to lose, or as if I am a weak team. Every match, I am pretty much in control of my game. Will write a quick note of the issues I have noticed, and see if you can help me out.

- Passes over the middle (Not just slants) are completed 99% of the time. I have even thought if create a house rule of 'no hot routing'. Literally everything that I send in that direction is a completion.

- Running game is too weak on both sides. The running game is rarely the Offenses main producer. I played the Jags, and MJD only got 15 carries with around 40ish yds, and Garrard was lighting up with 300+ yds. Whats that about? Same for the 49'ers. Gore recieved around 15 carries for 50 yds, and Alex smith was racking up around 250 yds, and throwing the ball the majority of the game.

- User INT's are dropped far too often. Its annoying and looks dumb. It would be nicer to see that when they get the chance to get an INT, they get it. Instead of being in the right spot, but just never catching it, so that it goes down as a tipped pass. Just make them not be in the right position more often by reducing reaction time?

- Lack of pass rush. Didn't get to Manning once, and I know the Colts have a solid O-Line, but he left that game practically un touched. Most games I get 1 sack, but its getting un bearable to watch the opposing QB, run in circles, IN THE POCKET, and none of my D gets him, before he finally finds his way out and scrambles for a gain.

- DB's look genuinely quite dumb with these sliders. QB's and WR's dont hook up for good, impressive plays. They are often weird looking passes, where the WR's just turns and then jumps over the DB, while the DB stands an does nothing. Or just some how, the DB is left trailing behind, and nowhere to be seen due to his lack of reaction.

- The sliders provide initial competition, but I think they need alot of ironing, to provide a smarter and more consistent CPU. I often see my opposition not even closing drives. Too often, they will get down the field, but as soo as hey are in the red zone are screwed, because they don't have as much room to work with. This is because the CPU's main source of Offense is passing, and not only that, but passing DOWNFIELD.

- I read somewhere, that the TACKLING slider is the brain of the defense. Apparently when adjusting that, it affects how the entire defense plays the ball in the air, pass rushes and block sheds. May be worth playing with that as I think it provides alot more than just how affective the tackles are.

- These sliders could be really good, but I don't think it provides a smart opposition, and does not provide you with smart team mates. I just feel as if I am playing with a bunch of brain deads.

I hope this is all constructive for you. I am not insulting your work what so ever. Interestingly, I was using your Madden 11 sliders with Madden 12 until you released these, as I downloaded 12 with Season Pass, but they provided not only a very difficult opponent, but they also played with a bit more venom and intelligence. Might be worth referring to those to give you some guidance?

I think that's the big thing you need to try and create. A more vicious opponent. It all seems a little lethargic if that makes sense? Or maybe its just me. Hope to see these develop well.

Yeah I was having the same Issues with over the middle passes being too easy and thats why I raised the CPUs pass reaction to 100. Have you done that yet?

For the CPUs rushing raise the CPUs runblocking to 55 and see how that works for a few games and for the USER rushing use this slider set

Breaktackles-45
runblocking-5
Fumbles-25
I gave a few guys these USER rushing tweaks and it seemed to open up the run game for them..

Your having trouble with INTs?? I have it at 45 and I'm grabbing a decent amount a game.. You can raise the USER INTs up to 50 and lower the Pass Reaction to 25. 25-50-0 for the USER pass defense should pick up the INTs.. But you say your having trouble with the pass rush and pass reaction too.. This is kind of tricky then. Where do you have the CPUs passing at.. I'm getting like 3 sacks a game but I am the Giants.. Your going to have to choose which area you feel is more important. INTs is find for me at 45. I would recommend going with 25-45-5 for the USER pass defense and start working on switching to the DB if you feel he's not trying to make a play on the ball. Raising the pass rush to 5 should help your pass rush out especially with the CPUs pass blocking at 0. But let me know exactly where you have the CPUs passing.

I don't take no offense to what you're saying and I really appreciate the feedback because I do see a lot of what your seeing.. I'm just trying to get a feel for everything before I boost most of the sliders up like I had on Madden 11 but it looks like I'm heading in that direction anyway. The game played great on the Demo. Whatever they patched up ruined it IMO and now I have to jack up sliders in certain areas again just to get a challenge. My main focuse right now is getting the CPUs pass defense right. First I'm going to see how the play with the Pass reaction on 100. If that doesn't work the next move I'll make is raising the CPU pass rush because I feel like I been getting more time in the pocket then I should.. But make those tweaks I told you and give me a run down on where you're at with the sliders and keep posting the feedback because its helping me out a lot..
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitup921
Jan 1, - Dal at NYJ
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dallas Cowboys (CPU)777728
New York Jets (HUM)7302131
Team Stats Comparison
DalNYJ
379Total Offense545
75Rushing Yards225
304Passing Yards320
16First Downs22
21Punt Return Yards6
77Kick Return Yards43
477Total Yards594
0Turnovers4
7-153rd Down Converstion5-13
0-04th Down Conversion1-1
0-02-Point Conversion0-0
4-4Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-5
1-3Penalties4-35
26:18Posession Time25:42
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGDalNYJ
9:21(Dal) D. Bryant 12 Yd pass from T. Romo70
1:47(NYJ) L. Tomlinson, 1 Yd run77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGDalNYJ
3:35(Dal) D. Murray 12 Yd pass from T. Romo147
0:39(NYJ) N. Folk, 21 Yd FG1410
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGDalNYJ
7:49(Dal) M. Austin 2 Yd pass from T. Romo2110
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGDalNYJ
11:13(NYJ) P. Burress 16 Yd pass from M. Sanchez2117
8:44(NYJ) T. Williamson 80 Yd pass from M. Sanchez2124
2:39(NYJ) L. Tomlinson, 59 Yd run2131
1:11(Dal) M. Johnson 1 Yd pass from T. Romo2831
Dallas Cowboys Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
T. Romo135.328/373044/08.2
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
T. Choice14171.20
F. Jones10464.60
D. Murray4123.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
M. Austin811013.71
J. Witten66611.00
M. Johnson3165.31
D. Bryant3279.01
D, Harris2168.00
D. Murray2199.50
K. Ogletree2189.00
J. Holley11010.00
J. Phillips12222.00
DEFENSIVETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
S. Lee1
A. Elam1
T. Newman1
A, Spencer1
New York Jets Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
M. Sanchez72.022/353202/49.1
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
S. Greene241596.6019
L. Tomlinson5 7214.4259
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
D. Mason7496.90
D. Keller7 608.50
P. Burress57114.21
T. Williamson212462.01
S. Greene116160

all around good game. The 4 int's were my fault and they scored a lot off the turnovers. F. Jones got hurt and after he left their run game disappeared. S. Holmes is out for the year so i put him on I.R. and signed T. Williamson to be my speed guy and that certainly worked out in the first game. No sacks for either team however. I may have to take a look into that.

Wow greats stats man.. You shredded them pretty good? Where are you at with the CPUs pass reaction. You might need to put it on 100 if you haven't yet unless you like it wherever you have it and if sacks is still a problem put the USER pass defense at 25-45-5 and start raising the CPUs pass rush too unless you haven't played with the CPUs pass reaction at 100 yet. Get a few games with the pass reaction at 100 before you start to raise the CPUs pass rush..
Old 08-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
My first game with these sliders posted great results!

49ers (me) vs Lions

I won the game 34-27. It was 24-21 them at the half. First half was crazy offensively for both teams. Most of the yards and points were put up in first half.

SF DET
Total Yds 407 452
Pass 234 292
Rush 173 160
TOs 1 2
3rd % 53 37
1st Ds 20 17
Penalties 2-20 0-0
Plays 67 63

Alex Smith
18/31 266yds, 2Td/1Int

Frank Gore
27 126yds, Long 13

Vernon Davis
6 117yds, 1Td, Long 35

Matthew Stafford
20/38 312 yds, 1Td/1Int

Jahvid Best
16 125yds, 2Td, Long 76

Nate Burleson
5 135 Yds, Long 75

Notes: Patrick Willis had a 87 yd fumble recovery for TD late in 4th. Misses a 50 yd FG with Akers. They ran opening kickoff of the game back to my 4, and then got an easy TD. They had an 80 yd pass to Burleson who was wide open. Best bounced off a tackle and hit outside for his 76yd TD. They missed 2 FGs of 53+yds.

Overall great game. Felt good and competitive the whole time. The few big plays inflated their stats a bit, but whatcha gonna do? I used the sliders as they are posted in first post, with 65 fatigue, which seemed to work perfectly for me with my auto subs settings.

Now, I just need to pick a team to start my franchise with. Not sure I want to roll with my hometown Titans or not.
Great stats man and appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you have any issues on certain areas..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles012
Sorry I havn't posted a box in a while, I was busy playing through preseason figured you didn't want those stats ( went 1-3 ).. Played game 1 of the season vs the Falcons with your sliders CPU Acc at 100 and CPU pass reaction at 100 and I won 47-28 but it was a lot closer... Devin Hester had 2 Kickoff Returns for TDs and they went for it on 4th down in their own 10 twice which lead to a TD and a field goal so thats about 24 points that really shouldn't of happened.. ( I think the returns are a fluke didn't get one in preseason and was considering taking Hester outta the starting return role because he was strugglying. )

I don't have the exact stats but off the top of my head..

Cutler had 250 yards 66% 3 TDs 0 INTs

Forte had 100 yards 0 TDs 0 fumbles and a shade below 4 for his YPC
Marion the Barbarion had 4 carries 18 yards and a TD

Roy Williams had 7 catches 65 yards and 2 TDs
Johnny Knox had 6 Catches 135 yards and a TD
Earl Bennet had 2 rec 25 yards

Defensivly I had 6 sacks I believe.. Tackling stats looked great but I didn't pick off Matty Ice once.

their stats were like

matt Ryan 260 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 58-60 % completion percentage I believe

Michael Turner 100 yards 20 carries and a TD

Snelling had 1 TD don't know about yards.

Recieving Roddy white had a TD same with Julio ( they tore me up )

They had about 3 sacks i believe.

Passing over the middle was a little to easy, I had a little to much time to throw and Maybe my pass rush was a little much? ( Peppers had 0 Sacks and Idionje had 2, Kinda dissapointing haha. ) There also was 0 Fumbles kinda a concern since there were very little in the preseason if there were they went out of bounce. I do use cover up almost all the time though...

Overall good game set for week 2 At the Saints. Wish me luck!

Yea the next move that has to be made is raising the CPUs pass rush if where still shredding them with the Pass reaction at 100.. Play a few more games first and see how it goes. If you continue to shred them raise there pass rush to 75. I'm probably bout to raise it to 75 anyway and go from there.. We shouldn't be getting a lot of time in the pocket and this might improve there overrall Pass Defense..
Old 08-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #53
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Great stats man and appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you have any issues on certain areas..
The only issue I'm having, and with other sliders as well, so it may just be me, lol. But I cannot stop the run at all most games.

I cant tell if it's the CPU Run Block or my lack of HUM Block Shedding.

But CPU is consistently averaging 8+ yds per carry on me. This has probably happened in over 80% of my games that I have played. They get consistent 10-20 yard runs. I'll stop them for 1-2 or a loss occassionally, but usually it's up there at 8+ yards.

I just cannot touch them it seems like a lot of the time.

It may be my playcalling, but any slider help would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

Wow well I lost to the saints 23-20.. I had a pick 6 with Tillman. I picked off Brees twice sacked him 5 times, I got sacked 0 times but the real kicker is I threw 5 Ints yah 5.. haha Jay Cutler now has a QB rating of 70 on the season. Forte had 100 yards rushing no TDs Barber had 35 yards both had 4.5 YPC had 134 plays this game, had 121 last game so maybe it was because I threw the ball a lot, what a mistake that was haha. Roy Williams had over 100 yards recieving knox only had 30. Urlacher got hurt at halftime and you could really tell since he wasn't clogging the middle of the field, he had 5 tackles and a sack too bad but he will be ready for next game.

Well wish me luck for my next game against Green Bay, Its for the divison lead since their 2-0 and i'm 1-1.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
The only issue I'm having, and with other sliders as well, so it may just be me, lol. But I cannot stop the run at all most games.

I cant tell if it's the CPU Run Block or my lack of HUM Block Shedding.

But CPU is consistently averaging 8+ yds per carry on me. This has probably happened in over 80% of my games that I have played. They get consistent 10-20 yard runs. I'll stop them for 1-2 or a loss occassionally, but usually it's up there at 8+ yards.

I just cannot touch them it seems like a lot of the time.

It may be my playcalling, but any slider help would be appreciated.
Yeah Its been split down the middle about the CPUs rushing. Some people say there having a hard time stopping it some are saying its too easy. Are you doing any Dline shifts and what kind of plays are you calling to stop it. Some good 5 or 6 man blitzes with the Dline spread should contain the run for you and you definitely have to be on point with your USER tackling and react quick to where the run is going.. Try calling a few of those blitzes in your next few games before we go to any tweaking..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles012
Wow well I lost to the saints 23-20.. I had a pick 6 with Tillman. I picked off Brees twice sacked him 5 times, I got sacked 0 times but the real kicker is I threw 5 Ints yah 5.. haha Jay Cutler now has a QB rating of 70 on the season. Forte had 100 yards rushing no TDs Barber had 35 yards both had 4.5 YPC had 134 plays this game, had 121 last game so maybe it was because I threw the ball a lot, what a mistake that was haha. Roy Williams had over 100 yards recieving knox only had 30. Urlacher got hurt at halftime and you could really tell since he wasn't clogging the middle of the field, he had 5 tackles and a sack too bad but he will be ready for next game.

Well wish me luck for my next game against Green Bay, Its for the divison lead since their 2-0 and i'm 1-1.
Yeah I'm moving the CPUs pass rush up to 100. I just tried it and 75 right now and I was still sitting back there doing my thing.. I had almost 300 yards passing by the half against the Jets. Thats unacceptable. It was a little bit better then 50 but not much.. I'm damn near on my way back to my 11 sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »