Home

Realistic Injuries, Fumbles, Fatigue

This is a discussion on Realistic Injuries, Fumbles, Fatigue within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Realistic Injuries, Fumbles, Fatigue

Playmaker came up with an awesome formula for getting accurate QB stats by averaging all 5 of the accuracy attributes for each QB.

This is amazing so I thought I'd try it for Fumbles first. This surprisingly worked really well when averaging out a teams carrying.

The Bengals have a 53.8 carrying throughout the entire team so essential 54 carrying. Set the fumbles slider to 54 and you get a great number of Fumbles for the Bengals that compares to a real life game.

The slider will be different for HUM and CPU of course depending on that teams average carry.

Ok great that worked, so I decided to try it on injuries because I like a realistic amount. Low and behold it works so well I nearly jumped out of my pot hole couch cushion.

For realistic injuries you have to average out the entire leagues injury stat, I only did the texans which came out to 84 so setting the injuries to 84 I was pleasantly surprised to find an accurate enough amount to continue exploring.

Now for this to work we have to come up with the league average injury which means going through every single player. I will get as much done as I can but if anyone else wants to help with this experiment, let me know.

I'll also be making a list of each teams fumbles based on average carry if anyone wants it.

For these settings to be realistic doesn't matter to some people so I'll start adding to the list once I see some interest. I'll add a few teams for now.

Where it gets tricky is when you start adding and dropping players which happens all the time so the best thing to do for fumbles is to either find a happy medium or take my initial numbers and change the fumbles yourselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Realistic Injuries, Fumbles, Fatigue

Fumbles Slider for each team. Based on average carry.

Updated since week 1 53-man roster

Team | Avg. Carry | Fumbles
Chicago Bears | 55.07 | 55
-------
Cincinnati Bengals | 53.8 | 54
-------
Buffalo Bills | 55.8 | 56
-------
Denver Broncos | 57.7 | 58
-------
Cleveland Browns | 59.09 | 59

Last edited by whosnext00; 09-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

I think that fumbles are inversely proportional to the tackle rating. My sliders have tackles at 25 for HUM and CPU, and I didn't see any fumbles at 40-50 range, currently at 24 and still rarely seeing any fumbles.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I think that fumbles are inversely proportional to the tackle rating. My sliders have tackles at 25 for HUM and CPU, and I didn't see any fumbles at 40-50 range, currently at 24 and still rarely seeing any fumbles.

You would be correct, the higher the takle is the lower the fumble setting needs to be. 0= most fumbles (the game SAys" move thus slider to left to increase fumbles) ..

So moving it up to 58 or 59 as posted above will DECREASE fumbles.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »