Home

I need sliders that are challenging....

This is a discussion on I need sliders that are challenging.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I need sliders that are challenging....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
2 man under and overstorm blitz is what I mean when I say cheesing the comp. You're using the 2 most effective defensive schemes over and over, I bet you call a drop 8 cover 2 zone play in the red zone too? And if by short passing you mean you do quick slant and slip screen repeadetly thats also cheesing it :P nano blitzing is just lining up a blitzing linebacker right behind a DT so he goes through untouched, and zig zagging is sharp turning left and right to get the CPU to overpursue and get easy return TDs, works better in NCAA than madden though.

Anyway, I was in the same position as you were, that's why I'm guessing you are cheesing it, I mean why not call the most effective plays against the CPU right? But seriously try my sliders and use gameflow, or randomly call plays, it's really fun when you don't call the same plays over and over.

PS- Don't take it the wrong way I'm not insulting you, I just know where you're coming from, I made a similar post before I decided to make my own sliders and change the way I played the CPU. I didn't really think I was being cheesy, was just lazy and called the same 5-10 plays on offense and the same 3-4 on defense. Problem was I won like 20 games in a row, won the super bowl 2 franchises in a row, the 2nd year my team wasn't even that good, so I got fed up and needed to find a way to get the CPU to beat me, while keeping realistic stats in the game.
I must suck bad at defending the end zone because I get beat either by runs(which is expected against the run between the tackles), passes and play actions etc...lol It is the Cowboys secondary I play with and Zone defense isn't what the team is built for.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
2 man under and overstorm blitz is what I mean when I say cheesing the comp. You're using the 2 most effective defensive schemes over and over, I bet you call a drop 8 cover 2 zone play in the red zone too? And if by short passing you mean you do quick slant and slip screen repeadetly thats also cheesing it :P nano blitzing is just lining up a blitzing linebacker right behind a DT so he goes through untouched, and zig zagging is sharp turning left and right to get the CPU to overpursue and get easy return TDs, works better in NCAA than madden though.

Anyway, I was in the same position as you were, that's why I'm guessing you are cheesing it, I mean why not call the most effective plays against the CPU right? But seriously try my sliders and use gameflow, or randomly call plays, it's really fun when you don't call the same plays over and over.

PS- Don't take it the wrong way I'm not insulting you, I just know where you're coming from, I made a similar post before I decided to make my own sliders and change the way I played the CPU. I didn't really think I was being cheesy, was just lazy and called the same 5-10 plays on offense and the same 3-4 on defense. Problem was I won like 20 games in a row, won the super bowl 2 franchises in a row, the 2nd year my team wasn't even that good, so I got fed up and needed to find a way to get the CPU to beat me, while keeping realistic stats in the game.
In no way are these 2 plays cheesing because they can get absolutely shredded and destroyed by the CPU. I don't call those plays all the time but they are part of my defensive package.. You just have to raise the CPUs sliders up to get the correct challenge where those plays aren't as affective which I feel I did by having the CPUs accuracy on 100 along with there catching on 75.. I rather do it like that instead of using gameflow. To each his on but that isn't fun for everyone. Some people like to call there own plays and in no way am I a cheeser who using only a few plays. My playbook expanded on both sides of the ball. But I'm knocking you for going that route. I'm just saying its not for everyone. Everybody has to play the game in a way that makes it fun for themselves. I just feel it can be fixed through sliders instead of handicapping yourself with house rules or using gameflow..
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

I still use them as well, just not every play anymore. I don't care what you have the CPU set to, if you call Overstorm Brave on 3rd and long or running downs, and 3-3-5 2 man under controling the MLB on every other down, you will never give up more than 21 points. And if you call nothing but HB Dive, Quick Slants, HB Slip Screen, PA Power O, and Four Verticals on offense, and nothing else, it's hard to ever punt the ball. That's all I'm saying. Now I mix up my play calling A LOT, I still call these plays OCCASIONALLY, but all I'm saying is if you do nothing but these plays it doesn't matter what sliders are set to, you win. Trust me I know I've played with HUM everything 0 and CPU everything 100, it's a joke, the AI doesn't make adjustments at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I still use them as well, just not every play anymore. I don't care what you have the CPU set to, if you call Overstorm Brave on 3rd and long or running downs, and 3-3-5 2 man under controling the MLB on every other down, you will never give up more than 21 points. And if you call nothing but HB Dive, Quick Slants, HB Slip Screen, PA Power O, and Four Verticals on offense, and nothing else, it's hard to ever punt the ball. That's all I'm saying. Now I mix up my play calling A LOT, I still call these plays OCCASIONALLY, but all I'm saying is if you do nothing but these plays it doesn't matter what sliders are set to, you win. Trust me I know I've played with HUM everything 0 and CPU everything 100, it's a joke, the AI doesn't make adjustments at all.
I gotta say you have to be one of the best players ever if you put all the USER sliders at 0 and all the CPUs at 100.. I consider myself a very good player at madden but I would get smashed by the CPU with every single USER slider at 0 and there's at 100.. The USER accuracy at 0 alone would keep me from moving the ball..
Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

0 QBA is nothing. when receivers drop half the passes that's the brutal part =P I only did it once just to see how awful the CPU really is. Like I said, I mix up my playcalling now and try not to cheese it to death, I use the cheesy plays maybe on a critical 3rd down but that's about it, or maybe call the play and try to throw to a receiver who isnt open as much on that play, etc etc. been having really fun and tough games
Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
0 QBA is nothing. when receivers drop half the passes that's the brutal part =P I only did it once just to see how awful the CPU really is. Like I said, I mix up my playcalling now and try not to cheese it to death, I use the cheesy plays maybe on a critical 3rd down but that's about it, or maybe call the play and try to throw to a receiver who isnt open as much on that play, etc etc. been having really fun and tough games

Haha! I was gonna mention the WR catching too. All of that had to be brutal. O blockshedding and tackling against 100 breaktackles and blocking. I know I would have gotten smashed. I'm not even going to sugar coat it.. Haha!

But yeah I try to stay away from the easy plays too. The pass game is so good on this madden. I'm having a good time spreading the ball around with all kinds of different routes with the CPUs pass reaction at 100. You was kind of limited on 11 with the DBs running routes with the WRs.. But thats good you're having good games with the way you have your sliders set up.. You gotta make the game fun for you.. I'm enjoying it too with my current set up. I had to crank the CPU sliders up in a lot of areas to do it but its working..
Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #15
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2

How about trying my sliders bro, i think theyre pretty solid. They give a challange and realistic game play. Its under dboyfresh89deuce custom madden 12 sliders.

Im new to the slider world but trust me you wont be disappointed. Im trying to get more feedback from OS world.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »